This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Many Ears?

Am I the only one in the opinion that they have way too many types of mickey ears now? It just seems like overkill. I approve of the golden 50th ears. And the pirates ones for the premiere but there are so many different styles now, that they don't seem as special.
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

Re: Too Many Ears?

i kinda have to agree. the huge variety of ears i saw on my last trip was overwhelming.
    A true Disney gal…princess at heart, forever dreamer, constant believer :love: :ghug:

In serious need of a Disneyland trip
    :captain: :ap: dMom

Check out my blog, Diary of a Disney Dork: http://diaryofadisneydork.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have to agree too. I remember being a kid and that was the first thing I wanted. I always try to get my kids to get the original ones but they never want those. However I did get my nephew a set of gold ones last year when we went since he was born 50 years after the park opened.

Comment

i like the gold ones, they are ok because they are for a HUGE important event, but the others seem too frivolous (sp?)
        actually
        stretching?

also known as...
        Dominatrix of Randomness

Comment

I concur regarding the ears my good friend. Why, just two weeks ago I spotted a pair of Mickey the Mouse ears that were of a Burberry print! Of course they had to have been knock-offs, but I was still sore about the whole thing.
          Ah, how strange! The molecules are so active now!

Comment

anyone have any pics of all of them?
            do u think they have it on disney shopping website...i dont

Comment

definitely! one for every holiday, one for boys one for girls... pirates, rainbows - good lord! soon they will no doubt phase out the black ones because they are too borring!

short related rant:
              what is really irritating is when you ask them to embroider the date on the back of anything that isn't dated... ie: during my last trip or 4th of July they refused (without a reason) to put Heather 06 on the back of my 4th of July ears... however, I could have gone to the shop on Main Street that has custom embroidery and PAY to have it put on! ridiculous!!!

Comment

to tack on to the embroidery rant: Machine embroidery, not cool. But I guess they don't want to take the time to teach them to do it by hand when the employees only stay for a month
                actually
                stretching?

also known as...
                Dominatrix of Randomness

Comment

Here's some pics, but these aren't even half of them
                  actually
                  stretching?

also known as...
                  Dominatrix of Randomness

Comment

Originally posted by Adelade
                    to tack on to the embroidery rant: Machine embroidery, not cool. But I guess they don't want to take the time to teach them to do it by hand when the employees only stay for a month
                    There are many reasons why they're taking out manual embroidery, but yours is not one of them. It's largely because of the age of the machines and the number of new(er) CMs that injure themselves hatwriting due to their inability to stick to established embroidery guidelines. Not only that, but they wreck the machines trying to make their fancy swirls and whatnot.

With the manual machines, not everyone could embroider legible numbers-- that's why dates aren't allowed. Obviously that's not an issue with the computerized ones, but being that there are old machines left, they're going to say no for now.

To stay on topic, I think there are too many ears as well. Overpriced, too. But ears are the new antenna balls and until people stop buying them, they'll keep cranking them out.

Comment

While I agree there are way to many ears, I have to say:

I love my Pirate Ears.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexLoup
                        While I agree there are way to many ears, I have to say:

I love my Pirate Ears.
                        yes, pirate ears make sense because of the recent pirate hype, but many of the other ones seem to serve no purpose.
                        A true Disney gal…princess at heart, forever dreamer, constant believer :love: :ghug:

Check out my blog, Diary of a Disney Dork: http://diaryofadisneydork.blogspot.com/

Comment

and add to the fact that a lot of them look rather tacky..

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Chopsticks
                            and add to the fact that a lot of them look rather tacky..
                            YES!!! i couldn't agree more!

Comment

About numbers on the ears. They are only available for $7 a line at Disney Showcase (first big store on your right hand side when entering Mainstreet).
                              The other hat writing machines:
                              1. The old-hand operated machines are capable of numbers and other characters, but the operators are not allowed. It just won't happen, we're sorry.
                              2. The new computerized machines just plain can't. The font they are loaded with DOES NOT include anything other than letters and the '@' sign which is used to make a swirl at the end of every name (don't ask for it, it's at the end of every name, I guarentee it).

Disney's hatwriting CMs apologize for any inconvinience this may cause. Just keep in mind those CMs are not responsible for the rules in place of what can and cannot be written on the ears, nor are they empowered as to which ears can and cannot be written on. It is nothing personal against any guest, and it is not to drive sales of the $7 showcase embroidering machine. The amount of the money that machine brings in, is a drop in the bucket compared the amount that is brought in through the free personalization of selling uncountable mickey ears otherwise.
                              The personalization IS still free on the mickey ears. However, please keep in mind, whenever something is free, there are bound to be restrictions.

That said, you can still get a nice pair of classic black ears in the park for $8, and have it hand-operated stictched for free. But hurry, those old hand-operated machines are not going to be around for forever. And I when I say that, I'm talking very very soon. Personalize your ears now.
                              The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X