Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your oldest souvenir that you still have?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helios77
    replied
    I have a pair of silver ears from the 25th anniversary

Leave a comment:

• Malibu Minion
    replied
    My 1st trip to DL was in 1988 when I was 7 years old. My mom bought me a little plastic Snow White and Doc toy to keep me quiet during the MSEP. I also have a big purple Minnie button and a park map from the year.

Leave a comment:

• Lady Peg
    replied
    That is amazing! I hope you have it framed and on display!

Leave a comment:

• Dreams Come True
    replied
    My big mickey mouse lolly which my good friend t-time got for me when he recently visited disneyland which i later on gave to my science teacher..

Leave a comment:

• IndianaChel
    replied
    Originally posted by Cousin Orville
    Oldest and best curio? Try one of Walt's toenail clippings. As a child i was roaming the old Main Street Firehouse, I had scaled front seat of the horse drawn Fire Wagon, looked up and the window to Walt's Apartment was open. and there was a bare set of toes peering over the sill. They had pulled the wagon out into the daylight and I was directly below Walt's window. I heard a loud "click" and looked up to have this sharp brownish shard fall into my left eye. I screamed and the toes retreated from the sill, leaving the white lace drapes blowing in the summer breeze. A face peered over the ledge as I extracted the fiber from my eye. It was blurry, but the man was noneother than Walt. All he said was "Why the hell do those damn kids have to scream?" and slid the window shut..I framed the toenail and it hangs over my mantle. May 14, 1963. What a magic day.
    No Lie? You're lying. Is he lying? Are you lying? :lol:

Leave a comment:

• IndianaChel
    replied
    I have a few childhood relics that are from DL (mind you, they won't be that old to you guys, but they're old to me.) I have this huge jumbo Minnie Mouse (who has a burn in one ear), a minnie mouse fanny pack, a minnie mouse tote bag (is anyone else seeing a pattern here :lol: ), and a dusty Fozzie bear that I actually got from WDW, not DL.

Leave a comment:

• Nazz Nomad
    replied
    I have a postcard from 1958? of the Snow White ride. In the background you can see my dad at the controls, in like his second month of employment there.

Leave a comment:

• Cousin Orville
    replied
    Memen TOE

Oldest and best curio? Try one of Walt's toenail clippings. As a child i was roaming the old Main Street Firehouse, I had scaled front seat of the horse drawn Fire Wagon, looked up and the window to Walt's Apartment was open. and there was a bare set of toes peering over the sill. They had pulled the wagon out into the daylight and I was directly below Walt's window. I heard a loud "click" and looked up to have this sharp brownish shard fall into my left eye. I screamed and the toes retreated from the sill, leaving the white lace drapes blowing in the summer breeze. A face peered over the ledge as I extracted the fiber from my eye. It was blurry, but the man was noneother than Walt. All he said was "Why the hell do those damn kids have to scream?" and slid the window shut..I framed the toenail and it hangs over my mantle. May 14, 1963. What a magic day.

Leave a comment:

• VWSpawn
    replied
    I have a stuffed "Big Al" bear that I got when I was a kid. That was when critter country was called bear country. Man i'm getting old

Leave a comment:

• Druggas
    replied
    DL map before HM was finished.

Leave a comment:

• snookers
    replied
    Originally posted by doombuggiedude
    I have a haunted mansion secret chinese puzzle box. its in the shape of a brick with the haunted mansion illustration on the top. you push a little sliver of wood on the side, and then that wall slides down, and the top slides to the right to reveal a compartment, then the left side slides up about halfway to reveal a drawer. its hard to explain, but its old, and from disneyland. haha.
    I have one of those boxes as well. I got it in 1970. I keep the instructions on how to open the box insided the drawer, so I won't lose it! It is a great souvenir and I have not heard about many people who still have them.

Leave a comment:

• BoneDaddy
    replied
    Original cels from Lady and the Tramp and Pinocchio. Purchased at the park.

Leave a comment:

• TOTnut
    replied
    I have a coffee cup, a glass cup, a guide book and a Pin all from America on Parade 1976. I just love the graphics.

I also have my original poster from Disneyland's 30th Birthday celebration (the one that was given away when you entered the 30 hour party). It is framed and haning in my bedroom so I wake up seeing Mickey and Minnie every morning.

Leave a comment:

• FromWithin
    replied
    My Lil sister still has her first pooh bear (Hes so old his tag says that he was made in the USA!) I have a 25 year old pirate mug shaped like a pirates head. Ive also collected Mickey watches and clocks over the years even though none of them came from Disneyland they are still collectable disney stuff...

Leave a comment:

• Captain EO
    replied
    I still have a plush Bambi from my first trip to disneyland when I was 4 or 5 (1987/88) so thats my most prized Disneyland posession and my oldest. He's a pretty tall plush that stands up to about 20" tall. Super nice quality, they don't make them like that anymore. From what my parents have told me, he was damn expensive back then, I think $30 or $40 dollars!

Leave a comment:

• melmel
    replied
    Augh... I didn't save ANYTHING... although I'm almost positive that I had a Daisy cap. And lots of Disney memorabilia. I guess my family thinks of DL as common, so we just don't save our souvenirs.

Leave a comment:

• Crazy Legs
    replied
    A carousel from first trip.

Leave a comment:

• Marie
    replied
    I still have my Pooh doll that was purchased in 1975 on my first foray to DL when I was all of 3 months old. His red shirt even has "Pooh" embroidered on it.

I also have my little hat from that same trip (Pooh wears it now; it's about the right size for his head). My name is embroidered on that.

I also still have my hat from my second trip to Disneyland, in 1978, when my brother was a baby. It's one of those shaped kind of like a bell (that's the only way I can think of to describe it), with alternating red, white and blue triangular sections, and a Mickey face and "Disneyland" (and my name, again) on the front.

I also have a Mickey backscratcher and a Minnie backscratcher, both of which are hanging in my Mickey-themed bathroom, from the mid-'80s.

Somewhere, my mom has ticket books (unfortunately, I think she only has A, B and C tickets left) from the '70s and early early '80s. She also has the little "Passport" tickets (remember those?) from the early-mid '80s. She used to have a "Jungle Book" comic that she bought on her first visit in the very early '70s (my family emigrated here from Cuba in 1967; I think their first visit was in 1970 or '71), but I think we lost that. I used to love it. My mom also has a "Small World" music box, where you pull the string and it plays the infamous tune. I happen to love IASW. I really don't know why. I'm a sick, sick person, I know. :P

We also have a variety of figurines and toys and things from various eras of Disneyland from the '70s to the present. I think we still have napkins from the late '80s-early '90s (yes, napkins!) lurking around here somewhere.
    Last edited by Marie; 06-02-2005, 10:49 PM. Reason: just thought of more stuff

Leave a comment:

• eyes_of_mara
    replied
    I had a set of toys modeled after Disneyland rides...you could put the mini characters in each of the ride, then flip the switch- whalah! You had your own mini DL! Of course, they didn't age too well, and my mom eventually threw them away...

So now, my favorite keepsake (Not so much a souvenier) is my Family's set of AP's from 1990, and a massive collection of non-winning "35th Anniversary Dream Machine" tickets from that same year. I went nuts when I saw the two that are on display in the Opera House. "I have those!"

Leave a comment:

• MousEarz
    replied
    I have an old Mickey Mouse bank, don't know the year, where the coins go into his arms & legs (each denomination in a different limb). Still have a bunch of old ride tickets too (yup, even some much-coveted "E" tickets and a complete Jiminy Cricket Ticket Book among them).

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X