Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: What would be the best choice for a new Fantasyland darkride?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: What would be the best choice for a new Fantasyland darkride?

If space should become available, what classic Disney film(s) should be used as the basis for a new Fantasyland attraction?
    Sleaping Beauty
    13.67%
    Cinderella
    5.76%
    Fantasia
    12.23%
    101 Dalmations
    7.19%
    Beauty and the Beast
    23.74%
    The Little Mermaid
    28.06%
    Mickey & Friends
    2.16%
    Other: Explain your choice
    7.19%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by BigThunder; 04-26-2005, 12:19 PM.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

I would love to see a ride that combines the darkride technology of Spiderman in the Universal Studios, Florida with the amazing aerial photography and ride mechanism of Soaring-

to create an amazing Mary Poppins dark ride experiance where you breeze along on an an umbrella or a kite...This would eat up a lot of land though- possibly an entire underground ride building below or around the Casey Jr and Storyboat Cruise.

Comment

A Little Mermaid attraction with an Under the Sea theme would be great!

Comment

I can't think of a good scenario for the dark ride at all, but I chose Beauty and the Beast just because I love it so much.

But I think JoeCool is right: The Little Mermaid would be really colorful and fun.

Comment

I voted Little Mermaid, but I can see how 101 Dalmatians could have a lot of potential.

ONLY if it was the cartoon though.

Comment

Tie between:

Little Mermaid
            Sleeping Beauty
            Other: Sleepy Hollow Dark ride that was originally proposed for WDW. Scare the hell out of everyone but it would be awsome. If people thought Alien Encounter was scary this is down right horrifying.

Comment

Little Mermaid! <3
              Member of the Disney Class of 2005
              Disneyland CM for 4 years.
              May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Sleeping Beauty would be cool... especially since they closed the walk-through attraction in the castle (and took out the dioramas, apparently... isn't there a little placard that says the scene in the Emporium window is from the original walk-through in the castle?).
                "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

Visit The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets and Mickeypedia!

Comment

Cinderella would be cool. Keep with the classic Disney theme in the area and make for one hell of a merch bonanza! (Cause you know how much they like those!)
                  www.deliciousmayhem.net
                  www.kidseatingpaste.com

Comment

I would say Beauty and the Beast, just because it is so easily identifible with today's kids and also, minus a show at MGM, it's never been tried. The Little Mermaid would be cool too, but there is an entire land devoted to that film at TDS. I think they should try something new...Beauty and the Beast: Enchantment of the Rose, or something similar.
                    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

Comment

My 4 yo LOVES Beauty and the Beast. I have the movie memorized and still find it enjoyable every time. I think they could be very creative with it.
                      "You can't judge a book by its cover."
                      "No, but you can tell how much it is going to cost."

Comment

Little Mermaid would be good, but I think the scenery from Beauty and the Beast would translate better into a dark ride (simulating floating objects with wires?) ...... and the music from BATB is a little better, IMHO .......
                        "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
                        - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

check this thread out:
                          http://micechat.com/showthread.php?t=1470

it had some of my ideas for anywhere from 2 to 4 new darkrides in FL, AND the space for them. What do you all think?
                          Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Comment

it's tough to be a bird.
                            "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

Sleeping Beauty all the way! Imagine the fun someone could have making the lgihtning effects for the three good faeries magic or the backdrop of the forbidden mountains XD!

Comment

I'd love to seen an Aladin Magic Carpet ride. It could be like Peter pan... The cars would be suspended, flying through clouds, flying past the Eifel Tower, Over The ocean, It would be like a "whole new world!" The cars would have much more fluid to them than Peter pan, it would be much more gracefull. The "magic carpets" could hold 2-3 people per carpet and your feet could even dangle over the edge (think Soarin). Just this wouldn't be any ol' dark ride, it would be an E-Ticket Dark ride, with awsome new engineered Vehichles that would have an up and dow motion to them occastionally (like a merry-go-round) and the cars could tilt to the left or right as you go around turns. The Scene where you are flying through the clowds and around the world would all be syncronized to the music "A whole New World".

Comment

bambi ride
                                  (insert funny comment here)

Comment

Sleeping Beauty would be my personal fave, only because it has a lot of the elements that make a good Disneyland Dark Ride, i.e. good vs. evil. It is almost shameful that Sleeping Beauty isn't honored with a dark ride, considering the castle is named after the movie.
                                    However, the Little Mermaid is probably more relevant to younger people nowadays. Although I never felt that Ursula was nearly as scary as Maleficent. She is by far the scariest female Disney villain.
                                    Charlie :wave:
                                    MiceChat User #1037

Comment

^Ooh, it could have the dragon too! Disneyland needs a dragon.
                                      Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Comment

Sleeping Beauty is my choice since they closed the walkthrough and since I'm a Villains fan, I would love to see another version in a Darkride. Sleeping Beauty was a big deal with Walt Disney & his artists, why not bring it back?
                                        1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X