X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SilentBob66
    replied
    Originally posted by merlinjones
    The B-52's have multi-generational crossover appeal - and their playful image and sound is already associated with retro-futurism and intergalactic travel and optimism. They really ARE the aural embodiment of Disney's Tomorrowland.
    Dammit, merlin, I think just about every idea that pops out of your head is a brilliant one. The B-52s are INDEED a perfect choice! I can totally imagine riding Space Mountain with a variation of "Rock Lobster" as the soundtrack!

"Rawwwwk.....rawwwwk........ROCKIT MOUNTAIN!

DOWWWWN! DOWWWN!!!"

Leave a comment:

• SilentBob66
    replied
    Originally posted by Michelle
    And Van Halen??! What is this, 1985?? If people want to complain about Nemo having nothing to do with the future, I want to hear people complain about friggin' Van Halen...
    Ouch. You actually have a point there.

But then again, it's ROCKIT Mountain, not Van Halen Mountain.

I highly doubt the Space Mountain music would be an existing Van Halen song, anyway. More likely it will just be a new instrumental track, possibly with a little bit of vocalization (i.e., screaming) by Sammy Hagar (juuuuust guessing).

Could be worse. Could've been HIPHOP Mountain for the nighttime choice, and you'd be careening around Space Mountain with Li'l Jon's "YEAAAAH! OH-KAAYYYEEEEEEE!!!!" ringing in your ears. :lol:

Leave a comment:

• PirateMunkee
    replied
    Originally posted by Pizzapants
    Dream Theater would make an awesome soundtrack! I've watched their DVD and they are amazing! But, if it is Led Zeppelin, that is equally awesome. I would have no complaint there. But my #1 choice would be AC/DC! I'm not even into that kind of music, but man, AC/DC on a roller coaster would be...wow!
    I was thinking of that HARD techno stuff from the Blade Soundtrack. Also "Kickstart my Heart" from Motley Crue would be awesome for SM as well. As for the "Tom Sawyer" from Rush idea, not bad but the Overture for 2112 would be much better.

Leave a comment:

• Pizzapants
    replied
    Originally posted by LeeLi
    A small indie rock band called Dream Theater has some music that would be perfect on SM. They have a couple songs with a rockin' baseline and a cool melody. Also, metallica and like villans fan said, Foo Fighters would be awesome. But I'd be completly satisfied with Van Halen, it's a good choice.
    Dream Theater would make an awesome soundtrack! I've watched their DVD and they are amazing! But, if it is Led Zeppelin, that is equally awesome. I would have no complaint there. But my #1 choice would be AC/DC! I'm not even into that kind of music, but man, AC/DC on a roller coaster would be...wow!

Leave a comment:

• Evil Minion
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SubFan
    replied
    How about a Tom Sawyer's Island tie in with "Tom Sawyer" by Rush.

Flying through Space Mountain to that song would be awesome!!

Leave a comment:

• PinkiePieFan
    replied
    Ace Frehley

Leave a comment:

• merlinjones
    replied
    The B-52's have multi-generational crossover appeal - and their playful image and sound is already associated with retro-futurism and intergalactic travel and optimism. They really ARE the aural embodiment of Disney's Tomorrowland.

Leave a comment:

• Tinkerbelle
    replied
    Originally posted by cellarhound
    I wanna keep the space theme...

Space Oddity doesn't work... Too slow... But a ride built around that song would be cool...

"Ground Control to Major Tom..."
    I was thinking that too, but came to the same conclusion too slow, and concidering how it ends..........well probably not the emotion Disney is going for.

Theres another song, also to slow but... (I can't remember much of it...but I always get one line stuck in my head)
    "....Earth below me, twisting, turning,....."

Help someone please help me place this song it's been driving me nuts for DAYS!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• PumpkinKing!
    replied
    Second to them would be Danny Elfman... put hey we can always use our iPOD!

Leave a comment:

• PumpkinKing!
    replied
    Originally posted by Neon Cactus
    I'm sure they can change it if there's too many complaints. But '70s, '80s or '90s, Van Halen is a good choice for rock. Another good choice would be the local band, No Doubt.
    WOW this is kinda upsettine Van Halen? Of course it should be NO DOUBT! They are from Anaheim, love Disneyland also have performed there! and are a great band! I can believe they chose VAN HALEN! Just proves that TDA not so connected to Orange County or even Disney's roots. Ok I ma done sorry if I am extremly opinionated on this.

Leave a comment:

• sleepyjeff
    replied
    Ray Stevens' Hugo the Human Cannonball

Leave a comment:

• cellarhound
    replied
    I wanna keep the space theme...

Space Oddity doesn't work... Too slow... But a ride built around that song would be cool...

"Ground Control to Major Tom..."

Leave a comment:

• sunnygirl
    replied
    I would choose "Punk Rock Billy" from Slightly Stoopid. It has a fast, fun, energetic sound that I feel would perfectly suit the ride.

Leave a comment:

• BugsBunny
    replied
    "Rockestra Theme" by McCartney.

Leave a comment:

• Hooty Sapperticker
    replied
    I'm an total indie rock snob and I didn't think VH was a bad choice. Of course, my first thought was, "Van Halen or Van Hagar?"

One time I went on Space Mountain with The Pixies "Alec Eiffel" on my earphones. It was mind-bending.

Leave a comment:

• PirateMunkee
    replied
    Originally posted by Villains Fan
    Oooh, I have to agree with Danny Elfman, but something original....it's not like he hasn't done any original soundtracks . That, and he's great at creating mood music.
    I was just thinking that as I was running around today. I was blasting my Boingo mix cd and thought Danny boy could do an awesome job with Space Mountain.

Leave a comment:

• figment1986
    replied
    Originally posted by Tinkerbelle
    personaly I think Van Halen is OK,

but I think (now no bashing me for this) I think AC/DC would be better,

Highway to Hell!!!!! :devil:

However it depends on who they contracted out to use their music....
    (and this is nihgtime soundtrack.. the day time is unknown as well.)

Leave a comment:

• Villains Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by ThemeParkMan
    I think Danny Elfman could right a really rockin toon for the ride. Danny Elfman is an Amazing musician!
    Oooh, I have to agree with Danny Elfman, but something original....it's not like he hasn't done any original soundtracks . That, and he's great at creating mood music.

Leave a comment:

• ThemeParkMan
    replied
    Yes I do believe these ideas would be neat or cool except for any of those hair bands. I dont think they should you some Pop rock band to drive Rockit mountain or if they do they should pay for an original song. I dont want to here a song like "Jump" playing while im buzzing around stars. I like the idea about having a song by Dream Theatre because they are a good prog rock band but there is a lot of other great prog rock bands. I think Danny Elfman could right a really rockin toon for the ride. Danny Elfman is an Amazing musician!

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X