Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTC Locket still available in the park?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POTC Locket still available in the park?

I have a quick question, I was wondering if any of you know if the locket from the movie (Tia Dalma's locket) was still being sold in the park. I saw it 2/3 weeks ago at the park, but was wondering if I can still find it (I believe it was the Disney Gallery and maybe Piece of Eight). I might head there tomorrow and wanted to "run" in and buy it. Thanks!

Re: POTC Locket still available in the park?

I was just there the other day, and they still had plenty in Pieces of Eight. I doubt they're going to let those lockets go out of stock for long.

P. S. They're not really lockets. They're just solid pendants. I don't think they're even actual lockets in the movie.

Comment

Thanks! Yeah, it's not a locket from what I remember. I just forgot to get it last time and then I saw it on Ebay and people were trying to say it was sold out and "no one knew when they'd be restocked". That just sounded weird to me because I'm sure they are hot sellers. I'll go check it out tomorrow since I love the look of it (I was mildly impressed with POTC 2), thanks!

Comment

You're welcome. It sounds like some people on Ebay are just trying to use dishonest business practices to make a profit.

I got myself the pendant last week, and I love it! Just make sure your skin isn't easily irritated by common metals like mine is. I wore my pendant the other day, and the skin the pendant touched broke out in a horrible rash because of it. I knew I was probably going to get an allergic reaction to it anyway, but it's just so nice to wear regardless!

Comment

Thanks for the tidbit, I was actually wondering that myself and I think that was the reason I waited (and eventually forgot) to get it. I'll probably just have to wear something that it sits on top of. And I thought those people on Ebay were being bs'ers. I'm so excited to get mine now! I just didn't want to go in the park and walk there only to find they've been sold out for awhile.

Comment

OOO! I haven't seen/heard of this! How much is it?
            Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

Comment

I personally wouldn't buy the locket because it looks nothing like the one in the movie IMHO.

But since we're on the topic of pirates merch in the park, has anyone seen the Aztec gold pin or is it still sold out? I'm not an avid pin trader or anything, but I've just had my sights on it for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Trader Sam
                OOO! I haven't seen/heard of this! How much is it?
                They're $20.00 each. X_X

Originally posted by OhOhSheila
                I personally wouldn't buy the locket because it looks nothing like the one in the movie IMHO.

But since we're on the topic of pirates merch in the park, has anyone seen the Aztec gold pin or is it still sold out? I'm not an avid pin trader or anything, but I've just had my sights on it for a while.
                I've seen the one from the movie within a foot of my face, and pretty much the only difference between the replicas and the original prop is the size. The movie prop is surprisingly huge, (about as big as my fist), and the replicas at Disneyland are understandably smaller. Neither the original or the replicas are especially beautiful pieces of jewelry, but it's the story behind them that counts.

As for the Aztec gold pin -- never seen it or heard mention of it before now.

Comment

The Aztec gold coin pin is really hasmore of a burn bronze look to it.If you want a good looking Aztec gold coin/necklace, Master Replicashas the coin and necklace, with a shiny gold finish.
                  Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                  An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                  Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                  Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I actually ran into the park today and got my necklace at The Disney Gallery (and it was just as much a pain as I figured...that fun fun Adventureland backup!). However, I'm happy I got it and there were a ton in stock. Those people on Ebay are full of crap. Apparently they sell it anywhere from it's original price of $20 to $60. Anyway, I also thought it looked remarkably like the prop in the movie, except smaller like The Dark Lady said. And I've always been a fan of random looking jewelry. Although I wasn't the hugest fan of the second POTC (loved the first one), I do like the story behind Davy Jones. And more importantly, for some reason I just like the look of it, whether it had to do with the movie or not.

I haven't seen the coin pin, did they ever have it at Disneyland? I thought I read that people got it at WDW. It is a cool looking pin. I got the coin keychain (the back is a bit lame though).

Comment

pictures, pictures, I wanna see!
                      What time is the 3 o'clock parade?

http://www.myspace.com/pduliere

Comment

Originally posted by Squidgit
                        I actually ran into the park today and got my necklace at The Disney Gallery (and it was just as much a pain as I figured...that fun fun Adventureland backup!). However, I'm happy I got it and there were a ton in stock. Those people on Ebay are full of crap. Apparently they sell it anywhere from it's original price of $20 to $60. Anyway, I also thought it looked remarkably like the prop in the movie, except smaller like The Dark Lady said. And I've always been a fan of random looking jewelry. Although I wasn't the hugest fan of the second POTC (loved the first one), I do like the story behind Davy Jones. And more importantly, for some reason I just like the look of it, whether it had to do with the movie or not.

I haven't seen the coin pin, did they ever have it at Disneyland? I thought I read that people got it at WDW. It is a cool looking pin. I got the coin keychain (the back is a bit lame though).
                        Yes, they did sell the Coin Pin at DL. I bought mine there two weeks after the PotC ride re-opening. It is quite heavy, and does have a dull bronze/burnt look to it. I pinned it to my lanyard, but it is way too heavy to do so. Anyway, it was only $6.50 I believe. But,that was the last time I was at the park, so I have no idea if they have sold out or not. I bought mine in the store right outside of Buzz Light Year.

Comment

A quick note for anyone who still wants this necklace, I went to the park yesterday and there were only a handful left at the other Pirates store (the one that is usually the "Christmas store") and I didn't see any at Pieces of Eight and there should still be some at the Gallery.

The Jack Sparrow rings are pretty much gone now. Only a few sizes are left (I saw 5s, 7s, and 9s).
                          Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!! :yea:

Comment

I don't have a picture to put up, but if you search Ebay for "Pirates of the Caribbean necklace" it'll come up (along with the necklace with the coin, etc). And as of yesterday when I ran in to get mine, The Disney Gallery had at least 8 more on the hook.

As for the pin, that's great that they had it. I was wondering when we'd get some of those at Disneyland, but I never saw them (I didn't look real hard though). I always see the keychains, so I don't know if they are sold out.

Comment

Originally posted by MaleficentFan
                              The Jack Sparrow rings are pretty much gone now. Only a few sizes are left (I saw 5s, 7s, and 9s).
                              What!? Rings!? Which rings? Man, I've really got to get back to the park!
                              Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X