This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Matterhorn commercial?

I read somewhere (can't locate where), but someone mentioned that back when they re-opened the Matterhorn and added the yeti, there was some spooky commercial for it.

Does anyone know of a website where I can watch it? Or any media from that time?

Thanks!

Wow, not likely you'll find a video of the old commercial anywhere online. That was 1978 and I remember it pretty well. They never called him the Yeti, either, always the Abominable Snowman.

This is about the best I've found so far of stuff from that year. http://users.sisna.com/matkinson/Pages/1978.html

The Matterhorn changes were the biggest thing to happen to Disneyland that year. The previous year was when Space Mountain opened and the following year brought us Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

Comment

Thanks! ^_^

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
      Working...
      X