This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goofster goes to Oakland Museum DL exhibit

Ok, I finally went to the Oakland Museum Disneyland Exhibit. I drove there the week before and found out it was closed(poor planning). Anyways this is the last week and if you haven't seen it, GO! They dont allow pictures otherwise this thread would be littered with them. They have these mobile audio handsets that you push a button at certain parts of the exhibit and a narrator or imaginer in some cases comes on and tells you about the exhibit. They had alot of interactive parts and some very cool artwork. The Exhibit starts out with the big D from the 1990s version of the entrance sign and then you walk around the corner to watch Walt playing with his trains. I believe Ward Kimball talks in one of the videos. You then go towards everything from Park designs to Guest relations to Attraction Designs. I only wish pictures were allowed because there was so much to see. Anyways it was the closest thing to being at Disneyland. I can only hope they move this to a Southern California museum for you folks to enjoy now. If you live in Northern California make time this week to see it. If you live in Southern California well..... I guess you could just go to the park .This is much better than what replaced Mr Lincoln.

Im bored, lets go to Disneyland.

Re: Goofster goes to Oakland Museum DL exhibit

I really blew it, because although I'm only 45 minutes from Oakland,
    I never got around to going, and now we leave for Disneyland in three days.
    I'm hoping they use the stuff in the new Walt Disney Museum being put together at the presidio by Diane Disney Miller.
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Comment

It would have to be pretty big. The whole exhibit was split into 3 areas. Whats going on at the Presidio?

Im bored, lets go to Disneyland.

Comment

I live in So Cal and I went to my grandmas in North Cali.

I saw it 3 times.

Comment

We saw it, too! It was really neat. We actually kind of got lost when after the first
          part, you have to go across the building to get to the second part.

We actually went a couple of weeks before we went to DL so it was especially
          neat. (See the places while you still remember some of the things that were
          mentioned).

From the rumors I heard, it is supposedly the prototype for the DL section
          of the Walt Disney "museum" that the Disney Family is building at the SF
          Presidio.

Does anyone know the target completion date for that?

More on Walt Disney's Family Museum at go.com
          Last edited by nish221; 08-15-2006, 01:02 PM.

Comment

I'd love to see all the stuff from the Oakland museum go into a Disney museum and expanded.

It was a really neat experience, I loved all the commentary from imagineers, especially from Marty Sklar.

Me and my dad were trying to figure out how we could sneak out the HM portraits for ourselves

Comment

I was going for the GIANT proposal drawing myself...but there were cameras set up and i didnt know for sure if the frames were wired...AND there were Museum ppl all around. Hey, does anyone know what was with that? Everyone in the museum wearing the blue blazers LOOKED EXACTLY ALIKE! what is with that?

SUPPORT THE CMs

sigpic
              For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X