This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead space

You all know of the area where you can meet Ariel, with a statue of King Triton and the water spouts? Well do you guys think that's a good use of space? I personally think its beautiful but the placing of it in the park is awkward. I mean, connecting main street and Tomorrow Land/ The Matterhorn? How does Ariel fit into that whole theme? I really like the fountains, stone walkways and gorgeous night lights. But it just feels out of place. I heard someone in line for Astro Blasters saying it was a waste of space all together. I don't really agree... what would be a better use of that space?

-Lauryn

I think that it is occopying the space pretty well. They used to have House of the Future there in the 1960's. I would say, despite it being slightly out of place (I agree with that), it's probably best to just let it be.

Comment

I think its supposed to be sort of like the Matterhorn, straddling 2 (in this case, 3) lands: Main Street, Tomorrowland, and Fantasyland.
      "Somebody need me too much; somebody know me too well. Somebody pull me up short, and put me through hell, and give me support for being alive. Make me alive. Make me alive! Make me confused; mock me with praise. Let me be used. Vary my days. But alone is alone, not alive. Somebody crowd me with love, somebody force me to care. Somebody let me come through, I'll always be there as frightened as you, to help us survive being alive."
      --"Being Alive"
      Company Stephen
      Sondheim

Comment

I think its kind of a waste of space
        Last edited by Ghostbuster626; 04-27-2005, 06:13 PM.

Comment

It's such a beautiful place, and I love it, not a waste of space.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
          ~

Comment

Well it would be difficult to put anything much there, since it is not strictly located within a single land. House of the Future, when it was in that spot, was considered Tomorrowland, but it wasnt excessively large. Today's rides (their buildings!) are very large, and would jut into every land the garden borders. So--even if the garden is a waste of space, we're really not missing anything, because its unlieky something would go in there, since it's not part of one land.

Comment

It's a great place to get away from the croweds and rest. Not to mention a great place to people watch.
              Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

It is a very beautiful area. I would say that is the only area that they didn't fail on when they built the new tomorrowland.

Comment

An occasional "dead" space is nice in an otherwise very crowded park. A nice place to breathe a moment. It's also fun to watch the kids play with the "spitting" fountain.
                  "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                  -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Well, I don't like it...

1. There are better places and more imagenative ways to tribute to Little Mermaid...
                    2. It adds to the Tomorrowland bottleneck.
                    3. It is a Plaza Non-sequiter
                    Check out my other blog:

Comment

I completely agree that its a great place. As long as the water level's up and the fountains are working, it's awesome! Another "dead" area thats nice is the right side of the castle where Snow Whites wishing well is. I love that little knook of the part. I hope they never take that out!

OH i almost forgot!! What about the area where you used to get on the Skyway to Tomorrowland? I know there's a family of cats there, but will anyone ever turn that into something?

-Lauryn

Comment

I don't think the area is terrible, but I agree, it's something that would probably be better just north of the Storybookland queue, on the Green Mile back to Toon Town.

I think, if they took out Triton and Ariel's shell, it would be a nice neutral theme that would blend with all adjacent lands. OR, if the park wanted to get more ambitious, it could make it more like the Imagination pavilion's fountain area, and then some. Crystals and clear river rocks, a waterfall going uphill, geometric shapes for pools and planters, silver accents to go with the Tomorrowland "Gate." If Al is right about plans to re-relocate that Astro thing, this theme could spread across the Tomorrowland entryway, and maybe we could really cross a bridge into the land like we do for every other -land.
                        See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
                        78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Comment

I think they should change the skyway house into a store, it's better than nothing. I think an even bigger waste of space is Big Thunder Ranch. The only reason why people go there now is for special events and to use the restrooms. That is a huge space and can be turned into something good. If it were up to me, I would put the Country Bear Jamboree there, and make it more like the Grizzly Hall in WDW. Its a very good spot for that, and i mean, it is Frontierland. Oh yeah, and welcome to micechat, luvsongthatnvrends............wow, thats a long name.
                          "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE
                          __________________________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by cellarhound
                            Well, I don't like it...

1. There are better places and more imagenative ways to tribute to Little Mermaid...
                            2. It adds to the Tomorrowland bottleneck.
                            3. It is a Plaza Non-sequiter
                            There probably are better ways to incorporate the LM somewhere, so I agree with that, but adds to the TL bottleneck? How do you figure? Unless you're referring to a route around the back of the Buzz building between TL and the Matterhorn, it doesn't add to the bottleneck at all. Removing it wouldn't open up any space at all, because you'd still have to go between Buzz and Star Tours... Making the bottle wider but not changing the width of the neck does nothing, except make the backup at the neck worse...

I like this area, even though I never go through it. It adds some foliage to what would be a pretty sparse area, and it's not enough space to do anything really decent in...

Would we prefer they put a life-size AT-AT there instead?
                            Honor those who fall under the sword.
                            But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Comment

Last edited by Michelle; 09-25-2005, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X