This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renewing & Upgrading AP passes

We have Deluxe AP passes expiring 7/25/05. We are thinking of upgrading to Premium when we renew. When they send the new Premium, do you start using it right away or still use your old Deluxe until it expires? I thought that I had read that the old pass becomes invalid when they issue the new one. The reason that I am asking is that there is a block out day that we will be there close to our renewal and am not sure how the renewal timing would affect all this. I am hoping that if we renew early, we could use the Premium on the block out date.

Thanks.
    EM EYE SEE KAY EE WHY EM OH YOU ES EE

Disneylands policy is extreamly stupid on this issue. I had my pass for about 6 months thinking i could upgrade mine and my sons pass to Premium. They told me that if i did I would still retain my existing pass experation date. So even if you upgrade your pass two weekes before it expiers i asked them it still expiers in 2 weeks and they said yes. So any upgrade you make even if your pass expiers in a few days you keep your existing experation date. So your best bet is to wait till your other pass is done then upgrade. Or just out right buy the Premium and your experation date will be the day you bout it. But as for upgrades you keep your existing experation date. :monkey:
    "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

:monkey: :monkey: :monkey:

Comment

renew your pass 30 days before your current pass expires. You can upgrade before then, but the new pass still retains the old expiration date. You're only upgrading, not renewing. You're only paying for the added benefits that come with a deluxe AP, not a new year of admission.

If you renew within the last 30 days, the time remaining on your current pass will be credited towards your new pass. So your new pass will expire on the same day and month as your old one, but for next year. You can also upgrade at this time. I've never had a problem.
      Last edited by Trader Sam; 04-27-2005, 04:02 PM.
      Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

Comment

During the 1st week of may I'm planning on purchasing 3 Premium passes(to avoid crowds). But I wont be visiting until july 15 for the birhtday celebration. Will I get a voucher and then bring it into Disneyland to recieve my AP?

Thanks,
        SoarinCitrus

Comment

Originally posted by SoarinCitrus
          During the 1st week of may I'm planning on purchasing 3 Premium passes(to avoid crowds). But I wont be visiting until july 15 for the birhtday celebration. Will I get a voucher and then bring it into Disneyland to recieve my AP?

Thanks,
          SoarinCitrus
          Yes, vouchers have an approximate 90 day shelf life, so you can buy them in May, then use them in July, and have a July 2006 expiration date.

You will use your voucher just like a ticket at the main gate in July, then proceed to the new AP Processing center (rumored to be the former Radio Disney booth area in Tomorrowland), just ask any CM where to go to get the AP processed.

At the processing center, they will take your voucher, gather your info (address, BD, etc.), and take your photo. Then they will give you your plastic AP card on the spot.
          Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by Trader Sam
            renew your pass 30 days before your current pass expires. You can upgrade before then, but the new pass still retains the old expiration date. You're only upgrading, not renewing. You're only paying for the added benefits that come with a deluxe AP, not a new year of admission.

If you renew within the last 30 days, the time remaining on your current pass will be credited towards your new pass. So your new pass will expire on the same day and month as your old one, but for next year. You can also upgrade at this time. I've never had a problem.

I have a deluxe right now. I was thinking of upgrading when I renew to the premium. Can I do that? Or do I have to upgrade once I get to the park for the first time? Does anyone know? Last time I called the ticketing number I was on hold for 30 minutes and I couldn't wait that long. My pass expires technically on July 4th and I need my pass by the 14th, ten days later. When should I expect to get information or when should I try to renew by mail if I still can? Thanks for your help!

Comment

BPF, from what Trader Sam said I would mail the renewal form in at the end of May/beginning fo June. It looks like you can select a Premium pass on the form. I cannot imagine them give you any issue when trying to upgrade next years pass at all.

If anyone can say otherwise, please let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPigletFan
                I have a deluxe right now. I was thinking of upgrading when I renew to the premium. Can I do that? Or do I have to upgrade once I get to the park for the first time? Does anyone know? Last time I called the ticketing number I was on hold for 30 minutes and I couldn't wait that long. My pass expires technically on July 4th and I need my pass by the 14th, ten days later. When should I expect to get information or when should I try to renew by mail if I still can? Thanks for your help!
                You should get an renewal form in the mail about 30 days prior to your AP expiring. You can buy a new Premium instead of a Deluxe, and they will give you your renewal discount (currently $20). The form is basic, and easy to follow. Once you get your new AP in the mail, you will have a few extra days of a Premium AP. The one thing to worry about is the few days between when you mail the renewal in, and getting your new AP. Once the form is processed, the old AP is void. You might be stopped at the turnstiles, I suggest carrying a copy of your renewal form, but usually explaining the situation to the CM works (the date on the AP is clear).

Comment

I have never heard of an "old" pass becomeing void once they process your paperwork for a new one, though it does make sense. What the renewal forms DO say is that you should start using your new pass once it arrives in the mail. Their concern is that otherwise there will be two valid passes floating around for the same person, one of which could be used by someone else during the overlap time.

I'd take Darkbeer's advice and just carry your renewal form with you just in case. They are generally pretty speedy at getting your new pass to you in the mail so as not to make matters more difficult for themselves at the gate with angry and frustrated guests who've just paid for something they can't use.

You shouldn't have a problem.

Comment

My friend just recently had to renew her AP, and they almost wouldn't let her inthe park, because she was using her old one while her new one was still somewhere in the mail. After five minutes of securty and no one knowing what to do, they let her in, but said, "You wait till you get your new pass, young lady"... and we said WTF and enjoyed our day. Of course, her new AP arrived in the mail the next day.
                    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
                    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
                    May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

My pass expires in early March, and it actually happened to me... but I was prepared. The Disneyland CM needed an explanation, but let me thru. (The copy of the renewal form helped).

The DCA CM asked me if I just sent in my renewal form. She figured it out on her own, by looking at the expiration date, since it was about a week before it expired.

In case you get a CM that is giving you a hard time, you can always go to Guest Services, who will print you a special one day pass.
                      Last edited by Darkbeer; 04-28-2005, 06:03 AM. Reason: added last paragraph

Comment

Thank You darkbeer for the important information

Comment

Just thought I would post what actually happened. Around the beginning of June (about 8 weeks before our Deluxe passes would expire - 7/25/05) we received our renewal forms in the mail. I sent both back and upgraded to Premium and about a week later received both passes with a new expiration date of 7/25/06 so it did work in our favor since we will be at DLR 7/3 - 7/7 with 2 blackout days during that time!
                          EM EYE SEE KAY EE WHY EM OH YOU ES EE

Comment

Originally posted by aluisi
                            Disneylands policy is extreamly stupid on this issue. I had my pass for about 6 months thinking i could upgrade mine and my sons pass to Premium. They told me that if i did I would still retain my existing pass experation date. So even if you upgrade your pass two weekes before it expiers i asked them it still expiers in 2 weeks and they said yes. So any upgrade you make even if your pass expiers in a few days you keep your existing experation date. So your best bet is to wait till your other pass is done then upgrade. Or just out right buy the Premium and your experation date will be the day you bout it. But as for upgrades you keep your existing experation date. :monkey:
                            I just upgraded from Deluxe pass to Premium on Tues it was $101.00 mine expires Sept 9th s o for a few months its not fair but what can you do.I want to go on the 17th and not wait in line for a $30.00 ticket for that day.
                            :crazylegs

Comment

FYI, my pass expires Aug. 1 and I recieved the renewal form today! Yay! It also says that if you renew by mail you'll get a coupon for 20% off merch at select locations. Yay!
                              Good morning, son
                              In twenty years from now
                              Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                              And I can tell you 'bout today
                              And how I picked you up and everything changed
                              It was pain
                              Sunny days and rain
                              I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland
                                FYI, my pass expires Aug. 1 and I recieved the renewal form today! Yay! It also says that if you renew by mail you'll get a coupon for 20% off merch at select locations. Yay!
                                Sweet
                                :crazylegs

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X