Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats being done with mission to mars showroom

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • whats being done with mission to mars showroom

    is there not alot of space behind the pizza port? the whole attraction area must still be there. or is that where they cook up meals? if not the is a large area of waisted space. i would love to put in something new, like a new mission to mars. especially with all the new information we have of the red planet. they could definitly put in state of the art audio and video. or you could always install something like the extra terrorestrial encounter. What do you think?

  • #2
    Originally posted by felixthequick
    is there not alot of space behind the pizza port? the whole attraction area must still be there. or is that where they cook up meals?
    I could be wrong on this but I have been told that it is storage and where the cook the meals.
    Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

    Buy Now at Amazon

    Comment


    • #3
      The Pizza port is 4 times the size of the Mission To Mars queue area. When you're getting your pasta, you're standing in what once was one of the two ships. The rest is kitchen.

      All space was used.

      Comment


      • #4
        The day Pizza Port gets closed down and replaced with a real ride will bring a huge smile to my face.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Ghostbuster626
          The day Pizza Port gets closed down and replaced with a real ride will bring a huge smile to my face.
          Same here, if they do it right. I was at Belmont Park over the weekend, and they had something that looked like an updated Flying Saucers ride. And if that park can get it, why can't Disney take a working concept, add their trademark magic, and give us an amazing New Flying Saucers? Or maybe a revamped ATIS, or some brand new attraction based on nothing but WDI brainpower.

          Good food for a themepark, but there ought to be a way to feed us that doesn't use valuable attraction space.
          See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
          78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

          "There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

          "A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

          -- Walt Disney

          Comment


          • #6
            Most people like Pizza Port, but it's an awful lot of space wasted. Mission to Mars wouldn't be good to bring back, because it's not the most exciting idea anymore (to go to Mars). Maybe some sort of solar system exploration ride instead of just one planet?

            Comment


            • #7
              As long as they offer the Chicken Fussilli elsewhere in The Park, I'm Ok with closing Redd's.
              "George Bush... is only for now."
              Avenue Q

              Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind! :cwink:

              Comment


              • #8
                I Like pizza port, if they serve pasta elsewhere they can close it
                ~I Am Finally Just Me~

                My Youtube Video Blog

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ModHatter
                  Same here, if they do it right. I was at Belmont Park over the weekend, and they had something that looked like an updated Flying Saucers ride. And if that park can get it, why can't Disney take a working concept, add their trademark magic, and give us an amazing New Flying Saucers? Or maybe a revamped ATIS, or some brand new attraction based on nothing but WDI brainpower.

                  Good food for a themepark, but there ought to be a way to feed us that doesn't use valuable attraction space.
                  Actually, WDI has a plan to gut the Carousel theater in florida and replace it with a 21st century version of the flying saucers. Here is concept art:

                  http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/image...landpix10s.jpg

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    What exactly was the mission to Mars Ride? :confused:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Ghostbuster626
                      Actually, WDI has a plan to gut the Carousel theater in florida and replace it with a 21st century version of the flying saucers. Here is concept art:

                      http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/image...landpix10s.jpg
                      Yeah, I remember hearing about that, but really... how much planning does it take, when a working blueprint is already up and running.

                      Regardless, I wish they would take out Magic Eye if the Saucers come back to Disneyland, and put them in an open-air courtyard. Then put in a 23rd Century version of the player piano concept in the middle of that courtyard to serve as music for both the Saucers and the dining area.
                      See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
                      78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

                      "There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

                      "A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

                      -- Walt Disney

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The old Mission to Mars at DL was a 60's era version of Mission:Space, I was more fascinated with awe at that ride on my very first visit in 1966 than any other.
                        Micechat member # 98

                        TARDIS
                        "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Disneylandrocks55
                          What exactly was the mission to Mars Ride? :confused:
                          It was a room with stadium seating encircling a large circular Projection on the floor and ceiling(so you could see where your ship was going and where it came from).

                          http://www.yesterland.com/moonrocket.html

                          ---------------------------

                          If Red Rockets displaced all of Mission to Mars then what happened to the Space Port Rest......if I recall corretly, that place was not small by any means?
                          Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            They should leave Redd Rockets alone and use the space on the second floor of starcade to make a new attraction. Plus you have all that space that can be used in innoventions that is more worthy in my opinon of removal.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Disneyfreak
                              They should leave Redd Rockets alone and use the space on the second floor of starcade to make a new attraction. Plus you have all that space that can be used in innoventions that is more worthy in my opinon of removal.
                              Well, I have to say, innoventions does need to go, but then again... why not go halfsies? Return the theater to operation readiness, and put Innoventions or some other attraction on the second floor like in the old days.

                              Similarly, why not check the specs on the Star Trader and see if the upper level of Starcade couldn't be expanded into the space above the store? Imagine having a wall of glass windows looking out toward the PeopleMovers whizzing by and throngs of guests below... really now, why doesn't Tomorrowland have more windows? It needs windows.
                              See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
                              78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

                              "There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

                              "A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

                              -- Walt Disney

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X