• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Darkbeer
    Darkbeer
    • Jan 2005

The Radio Disney Booth has been removed, and other photos from 8/16/06

The Radio Disney booth has been removed, and the new Autopia store is being built...

Plus a look at the Sub Lagoon before the Monorail closes....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1783021
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com
  • BFJen
    For You!
    • Feb 2006

Re: The Radio Disney Booth has been removed, and other photos from 8/16/06

So, do you think the tarps were for shade or are they trying to hide something?

Thanks so much for the pictures.
    sigpic
    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

• gOLDEN bLUE
      • Apr 2006

wow, I remember standing in front of the Radio Disney booth a looong time ago and those 2 crazy DJ's waving to me. Then I met them in line for lunch.

then there's the monorail.

bigger, and better changed have come to the Disneyland resort. thanks for those pics. I just can't believe that the booth and the monorails are both changing...

Comment

• 2DieFR
        MiceChatter
        • Jun 2005

Let me be the first to say "good riddance" to the Radio Disney booth. It's not that I didn't like Just Plain Mike and Zippy, but it really never belonged there. Still, it is too bad it will be converted into a shop. I mean, jeez, bring back the subs, and you just can't part with your precious Autopia shop, can you? Ah well, at least it will be open. It should be interesting how a shop will fit in there anyways.

Kudos for the update and great shots DB, as usual.

Comment

• MasterGracey
          Dateline Disneylander
          • Jan 2005

Thanks for the update. I saw those construction walls up on Monday but I had forgotten my camera. Thanks for the info - I had wondered what was going on behind there.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

• lazyboy97O
            враг народа
            • Mar 2005

Does anybody know if the contract with Chevron requires a shop? I just imagine Autopia being such a hot item and the location seems sort of odd.

Comment

• Darkbeer
              Darkbeer
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by lazyboy97O
              Does anybody know if the contract with Chevron requires a shop? I just imagine Autopia being such a hot item and the location seems sort of odd.
              The exit ramp for Autopia is scheduled to be moved so it ends around where the path to the Railroad starts, to get away from the Sub Lagoon stuff (basically the last half of the exit ramp being turned into a U-Turn..)

That puts the exit close to the new shop.....
              Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

• peoplemover1
                I Love Disneyland!!
                • Feb 2006

Awesome pictures as usual!! Thanks for the update.
                I feel like I haven't been in forever because I haven't even seen the walls hiding the construction going on.
                I'm addicted and I don't care!!! :yea:

Comment

• JiminyCricketFan
                  We all need a Jiminy.
                  • Apr 2005

Thanks for the update! Great pictures as usual!

Comment

• Alchimedes
                    MiceChatter
                    • Jan 2005

This makes more sense, the ODV popcorn cart in Tomorrowland was missing on Sunday. Thanks for the pictures Darkbeer.
                    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

• GrimmGreen
                      been away for a while
                      • May 2006

SUPER COOL PICTURES!

also , what the heck are they doing to that area?

My Maleficent tattoo

Comment

• 2DieFR
                        MiceChatter
                        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Darkbeer
                        The exit ramp for Autopia is scheduled to be moved so it ends around where the path to the Railroad starts, to get away from the Sub Lagoon stuff (basically the last half of the exit ramp being turned into a U-Turn..)

That puts the exit close to the new shop.....
                        Oh goodie. Have you got any idea when that might happen? And d'you suppose it will make for some Autopia closures in the near future?

Comment

• barfownz
                          Legend
                          • Nov 2005

I remember that Radio Disney booth! It was always used in 98'.

Comment

• DisneyFunGuy
                            • Jan 2005

Gosh, before Radio Disney came along that location used to be the Lunching Pad. It served the infamous *Space Mist*, which was just a fancy way of saying fruit punch. It also served pop corn, ice cream bars, Twinkies, and sandwiches.

My sister worked there for 2 years as a Lead and I used to go there a lot for snacks in-between seeing stage shows at the Space Stage (now HISTA). Yep, those were the good 'ol days! =)
                            DISNEYLAND IS YOUR LAND

Comment

• Jspider
                              • Jan 2005

I thought that the Autopia shop was going into the hatmosphere and the hatmosphere was going into the radio disney booth?

I am a bit interested to see what all these remakes end up making the land look like

Tomorrowland still looks increadibly disconnected though I hope this helps unify the land more

the area were Space sits is just hideous
                              "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

• dlfreak
                                Disneyland Freak
                                • Jan 2005

I don't get it... I thought the booth was taken out a few years ago. I mean I saw the pictures with the actual space being torn up but wasn't the stuff inside removed a few years ago? I know it hasn't broadcasted there for years.

Radio Disney booth makes sense to me for a new Hatmosphere.
                                Joey AKA "dlfreak"
                                www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
                                If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
                                Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Comment

• filmfreak11
                                  ...TWO BITS!
                                  • Sep 2005

I also read an article that Radio Disney=Hatmosphere and Hatmosphere=Autopia shop. THIS makes more sense to me than RD=AS. Besides, Hatmosphere sits inbetween Autopia & its FP. You'd have a sort of mini-Autopia land there . I have always wanted the Autopia exit ramp to make that U-turn. It didn't seem right to me as it is now.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
                                  -Jurassic Park

Comment

• DonDuck
                                    Don't mess with the duck!
                                    • Jun 2006

Welcome to Disneyland's new land... ConstructionLand! Kids love it! ) I'm just happy that they are finally doing something about Tomorrowland.

Thanks again for another delightful round of pics, Dark Beer!!!

Comment

• Athlonacon
                                      FastPass n00b
                                      • Feb 2005

Wow, the sub lagoon is quickly turning into the sub grotto. I sure hope they know what they are doing. It seems something that big would be out of place in such a small area, but we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

• pancakesaregood
                                        MiceChatter
                                        • May 2005

When did RadioDisney stop broadcasting from TL, I only saw it open once in August 2000. And can't remember anytime else. Wasn't there some tables down in the area around it.

Not that it bothers me, but is the area around Autopia and Autopia queues, which will be revised, are they going to be repainted during this brief change.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X