This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behind the Magic: 50 Years of Disneyland

If any of you get the chance, "Behind the Magic: 50 Years of Disneyland" is a must see exhibit. We just saw it in Oakland, California last weekend and it was wonderful. Lots of concept drwaings, vintage photos and original artwork. Sure put the whole Disneyland dream and concept into a wonderful audio and visual presentation. The film clips and soundtrack are amazing. Don't miss this if you can help it.

www.magicalhotel.com
    sigpicwww.magicalhotel.com

Re: Behind the Magic: 50 Years of Disneyland

I agree. They have some pretty cool stuff. Like some old pirates arcade machines, HM changing portrait...and even some trash cans. Little details are put into the exhibit. For instance they have a section that gives you a general feel for each of the lands and it is laid out like it is in the park. You walk through a corridor that describes main street, then into a bigger area where adventureland is on the right, tomorrowland is on the left etc.

Comment

The huge cat from Alice in Wonderland scarred me! It looks soo much smaller when ur on the ride! ~*!shuddder!*~

SUPPORT THE CMs

sigpic
      For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Comment

Originally posted by oldhotelguy
        If any of you get the chance, "Behind the Magic: 50 Years of Disneyland" is a must see exhibit. We just saw it in Oakland, California last weekend and it was wonderful. Lots of concept drwaings, vintage photos and original artwork. Sure put the whole Disneyland dream and concept into a wonderful audio and visual presentation. The film clips and soundtrack are amazing. Don't miss this if you can help it.
        www.magicalhotel.com
        Is this a traveling display? Is there a schedule somewhere? Website? Info? Thanks!

Comment

Yeah, I just visited yesterday. It's quite the exhibit. If you want to see it in Oakland before it leaves, you'd better hurry! Last day is August 20!

It's an amazing exhibit - I wish there was photography permitted- there was so much stuff I wanted pictures of... but alas, no photography allowed.

I did a couple shots of the gallery entrance though - nothing special, but I tried

..And some merch. The book was $19.99, the Postcard Set (24 Postcards) was $14.99. The flyers were free. :ap:
          Last edited by MasterGracey; 08-18-2006, 10:48 AM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey
            Yeah, I just visited yesterday. It's quite the exhibit. If you want to see it in Oakland before it leaves, you'd better hurry! Last day is August 20!

It's an amazing exhibit - I wish there was photography permitted- there was so much stuff I wanted pictures of... but alas, no photography allowed.

I did a couple shots of the gallery entrance though - nothing special, but I tried

..And some merch. The book was $19.99, the Postcard Set (24 Postcards) was $14.99. The flyers were free. :ap:

I did not see the postcard set???? I bought the book but they must have been out of the postcard set. Now I am bummed.....
            sigpicwww.magicalhotel.com

Comment

Originally posted by aaronpaulcustoms
              The huge cat from Alice in Wonderland scarred me! It looks soo much smaller when ur on the ride! ~*!shuddder!*~
              Oh so that was why you ran away with your arms in the air screaming for you mommy! :lol:
              SUPPORT THE CM's!

Comment

We had planed to see it last Sunday but had to cancel our plans. We spent Saturday in SF but at 10:30pm our daughter woke up with the flu. We ended up checking out of the hotel at 3:15 am to get home to Reno, praying the whole time she would make it without a huge mess to clean up in our new car... and she did. She was a real trooper. My wife and I ended up coming down with it by the middle of the week. My wife told me yesterday that if I even mentioned San Francisco, or Oakland, or the "bay area" in the next year she is filing for divorce. I'm not sure she was joking. :lol:
                You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

Comment

I'll be going back this weekend to it, but only to pick up the postcards and the 2 posters they have for the event. If anyone wants something from it, let me know.
                  Growing older is manditory
                  Growing up is however, optional

Comment

We're going to try to catch it this weekend, probably tomorrow (Saturday); I've heard nothing but great things from the people who've gone.

Comment

MG, You didnt get the posters with the stretching paintings?? I have the book, It's really cool. They also had the Poster with Walt under the castle.
                      1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Originally posted by TicTocDragon
                        MG, You didnt get the posters with the stretching paintings?? I have the book, It's really cool. They also had the Poster with Walt under the castle.
                        Oh please, please don't tell me about that! Ahh. I looked everywhere for posters or art or anything like that, didn't see anything.

Please don't tell me they had posters with the Mansion posters.

...Excuse me while I drive four hours back up to Oakland... haha just kidding.
                        But really - that sucks!

Comment

I really didn't see the walt under the castle picture...that's so my favorite walt picture too. MG, while you're driving back can you pick me up....I'm on the way and everything. Anyways, it was crazy seeing Lincoln that up close and nake (having no skin on and all).
                          sigpic

Welcome to my blog!
                          A Photographed Life
                          12/28: Copperopolis, California

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey
                            Oh please, please don't tell me about that! Ahh. I looked everywhere for posters or art or anything like that, didn't see anything.

Please don't tell me they had posters with the Mansion posters.

...Excuse me while I drive four hours back up to Oakland... haha just kidding.
                            But really - that sucks!
                            Sorry MG, I thought you saw those. They had them in bucket by the books when I was there last. Here's a picture of the one I have.
                            1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Originally posted by TicTocDragon
                              Sorry MG, I thought you saw those. They had them in bucket by the books when I was there last. Here's a picture of the one I have.
                              Nice! Yeah, I think they were out - I walked around that tiny shopspace for about 15 minutes making sure I didn't miss anything. I don't think I could have missed the bucket of posters... I may have, but I doubt it. That sucks though, thats a nice poster.

How much did it run you?

I guess I'll just have to shell out the cash for the stretch portrait prints next time I have the money while I'm at the Disney Gallery. :ap:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X