Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

HydroGuy's Hotel Rule

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HydroGuy's Hotel Rule

Rule

Get a nearby hotel within easy walking distance

Who This Rule Affects

Multi-Day visitors, and Day visitors who must drive a long way and need a hotel

Explanation

After spending oodles of money to visit DLR, why waste time getting back and forth to the parks? And why make it harder to take an afternoon hotel break?

DLR has three resort hotels and numerous good neighbor hotels within easy walking distance to the park gates (5-15 minute walk). If you are getting a hotel, why not stay at one of these?

If you stay at a nearby hotel, you never have to wait for a bus or take time to get back and forth to your car. You just take a short walk. This will help you spend more time at the parks and keep you fresher. It will also help ensure you will get there for park opening which is essential if you want to experience more rides.

On my last trip to DLR I sat with a family on a Grizzly River Run raft who were visiting DLR for three days from Arizona. They chose a Marriott hotel about 1.5 miles from DLR. They decided to use the ART system (www.rideart.org ) for transportation. They told me on the previous two mornings they had had to wait over an hour for a bus to DLR. What a shame to waste this much time they could have spent inside the parks with their children – all because of a poor hotel choice.

Helpful Hotel Links

"How Far Is It?" (shows actual distances in feet from hotels to DLR entrance plaza) www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=mm060329as

"Walking Distance Accommodations" (shows hotels within walking distance) www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/maps/dl_area/dl_walking_distance_map

"Bret's Disneyland Lodging Map" (shows hotel locations around DLR) www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/DisneylandLinkMap

Disneyland Resort Information: www.dlresortinfo.com

Why Did I Post This Rule?

I find myself posting answers to the same question in different threads, and decided to make a list of “rules” to which I or others can quickly link in the future. In addition, the ideas behind the rule are often posted by others so I do not claim originality for the rule.

Other HydroGuy Rules

HydroGuy's Fireworks Rule: www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34751

HydroGuy's High Season/Off Season Tradeoff Rule: www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34752

HydroGuy's How To Avoid Long Lines Rules: www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34754

HydroGuy's Make Sure You Get On Your Favorite Ride Rule: www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34755

HydroGuy's Hotel Rule: www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34756

Last edited by HydroGuy; 08-18-2006, 04:04 PM.

Re: HydroGuy's Hotel Rule

We stayed at the Hilton Anaheim. It might be a little farther than some of the other Good Neighbor Hotels. However you can easily walk to the Timon Lot and take a Tram from there. You can always take a Tram back to the Timon Lot, and then easily walk back to the Hotel. I don't mind a little walking, and you can also purchase an ART pass and take a bus back and forth.

Navigating DLR is a lot easier than WDW. However, WDW has better hotels over all.
    BarbaraAnn

Comment

great rule! i totally agree with this one! we always stay at the disneyland hotel because it is so close to dl, dca, and downtown disney. it also allows us to go back at any point and take a rest.
      A true Disney gal…princess at heart, forever dreamer, constant believer :love: :ghug:

In serious need of a Disneyland trip
      :captain: :ap: dMom

Check out my blog, Diary of a Disney Dork: http://diaryofadisneydork.blogspot.com/

Comment

We stayed at the Grand Californian in October 2005 and it was SO easy to get from the room to the parks. Definitley worth the money.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X