This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PeopleMovers or Rocket Rods???

Al Lutz is saying that DL is considering bringing back the PeopleMovers which I think is a beastly idea. In my opinion, they should pay the extra cost to revamp the track and make it Rocket Rod friendly. The PeopleMovers were a slow, tour-type attraction. Not much fun. But if Rocket Rods had the right track, oh, the potential for some more growth in Tomorrowland. Anyone agree? Disagree?
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    Emily is here!

Do you LJ?
    If the answer is yes, join the disneylandcult community.

I liked both attractions. I suspect it would be easier for DL to bring back the Peoplemover since its track still hovers above DL.

Comment

Peoplemover.
      www.deliciousmayhem.net
      www.kidseatingpaste.com

Comment

Peoplemover

Comment

I think it's fair to say that Rocket Rods would cost more then a little bit extra to return

"and consider this dismaying observation" it would require a large que (with no windows and no doors) which would produce another ride witha nightmare wait (which offers this chilling challenge, to find a way OUT) hopefully they'd find a way to reduce the amount of breakdowns though (of course there's always MY way :lol: )
          "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Peoplemover!!
            They can update, reimagineer, etc.

Comment

Peoplemover. No question.
              "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

Comment

Originally posted by wem1985
                Peoplemover!!
                They can update, reimagineer, etc.
                "They can rebuild it! They have the technology..."
                Tricia Jones:When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
                Brodie: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Comment

PeopleMover - - I like the idea of the PeopleMover returning in the form of travel Pods from The Incredibles.

Comment

If I want to go on something fast, I have Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and the Matterhorn... I don't need a ride that has no themeing, no story, no imaginitive transporting queue, no scenery... Bring back the peoplemover and let me enjoy a nice peaceful ride above the hustle and bustle, so my feet can relax...

BRING BACK THE PEOPLEMOVER (but re-imagined of course! )

Comment

I never got a chance to ride the Rocket Rods, so I vote for them. The Fast Pass system could kill the long lines from the past.

Comment

You can see video from it on several websites including DisneyForever.com, after you see it, you'll see why it was just flat out ugly, fast occasionally, and not very "cool" at all.

Comment

How about a Peoplemover speed ride during the day that changes to a Rocket Rod speed ride at night?

Comment

Peoplemover.....how could you even CONSIDER the other ride?

Nothing better on a crowded day then to get on a moving bench that lasts 16 minutes, It was a very nice way to take a break and still enjoy a ride.

I would clean it up, get better cars, and improve the enclosed parts with a complete re-do of the TRON part (as much as I love Tron, it is dated) I would leave the SM preview as well as Star Tour parts.

Another idea is to take a stretch that is in the back portion and create a new tunnel with amazing effects, maybe like the atom effects of the old inner space ride?

Comment

people mover... no question about it.

Comment

Bring back the PeopleMover! I think the illusion of speed can be accomplished during the building ride-throughs. When they had the Tron tunnel you almost had that effect during the light cycle race. However, the footage went from a head-on perspective to other angles and shattered the illusion (if that makes any sense). An AA here or there would add to the fun, too.
                                ------------------
                                DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
                                http://www.comedy4cast.com

Comment

PeopleMover! What a great way to get away from the crowds and see Tomorrowland from a different vantage point. The constant motion would be a welcome addition to TL again! I ride the PeopleMover everytime I'm in Florida at WDW. I not only think they should bring it back, but expand it! Make it be what the idea behind it is designed for. Move people! I'd have it go places with stations and drop people off in other places. To make it viable you'd have to conceal it some way from the other lands in order to not ruin the theming, then again, perhaps it could go between DCA, Downtown Disney or some such. It is a wonderful concept that should be exploited. If the 60's version was as fast and as smooth as it was, a new 2005 design of the PM would and could be awesome!
                                  Permanecer sentado por favor...

Comment

Put PeopleMover back in Tomorrowland, maybe make it do slow spins like Buzz, maybe link its station to the Monorail station for an approximation of how it would be used in urban planning.

Perhaps use the RocketRods idea, redone as classic cruising cars, in DCA, minus the awful noise I hear so much about. But please, for the love of Walt, don't make it an obvious tie-in to Pixar's Cars. Just make it a high-speed drag race full of chrome and painted flames... I'm pretty sure Universal has the rights to American Graffiti and Mel's Diner, but use the same concept. Have the CMs dressed as car-hops, and as you pull out onto the "street," you hear a voice that seems to come from the car next to you ask, "Hey ace, wanna race?" And as the light turns green, you're off!
                                    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
                                    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Comment

People Movers

I think the People movers should come back. Space/Rockit mountain will be opening this summer dose disney relly need to add anothe fast ride to Tomrrowland May be they can redo the traks to be like the ones at WDW the polarity trasks instead of pull cars :monkey:
                                      Last edited by TMproductions; 04-28-2005, 12:33 PM. Reason: HTML Error

Comment

Rocket Rods were fun, but I have a BIG place in my heart for the Peoplemover...its a CLASSIC.
                                        "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X