Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disney Freak, Disney Nut, or Disney Fan?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Freak, Disney Nut, or Disney Fan?

What are you?

I myself consider myself a Disney fan on the virg of Disney Nut. A Disney Fan is just what the name implies. Someone who likes Disney/Disneyland. Disney Nut has a bit of an obsession. Disney Freak has an unhealthy appitite for all that is Disney.

I have been trying to think of ways to define the 3 classes more clearly. I have friends of all 3 classes. If you go to Disneyland 1-2 times a year, and have a few DVD's, your a fan. If you go to the park 3-5 times a year, and watch your DVD's a few times over, plus have a few clothing items and souvineers from Disney, your a nut. If you go to the park every week, have every VHS and DVD Disney made, and half your wardrobe has a Mickey or other charactor on it, your a freak.

I know of a freak that has "Going to, comming from, or at Disneyland" frame over her license plate. Lol. Since she worked there, it was very much true! :lol:

What are you? Fan, Freak or Nut? And how do you define the 3?

P.S. The work "freak" does not emply anything bad. Its just a common term.
    Im a big Disney Fan.
    24.53%
    Im a big Disney Nut!
    38.68%
    Im a HUGE Disney Freak!!! Gimme more pins!
    36.79%

A year ago I was a simple fan. But now... I'd have to say i'm a Nut.

The Cause: The internet.

Comment

I wave my Freek Flag high,baybee

I don't collect pins but I've invested heavily in Disney wearables and home decor. There's a park map next to the front door so when I go to work I remember what I'm working for - the Next trip to Disneyland!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

You left one out gibbage:

Disney Critic

We have a lot of those here. Not a bad thing.
        Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThunder
          You left one out gibbage:

Disney Critic

We have a lot of those here. Not a bad thing.

Well people like Jim Hill are Disney Freaks. What makes them critics is there extreme love and passion for there park they forget its not "there" park. They all have a vision of what they think Disneyland "should" be. The fact is you cant please everyone, and thats just something they Critics must live with.

Besides, im glad they are Critics. If they were not, that means we would have THERE Disneyland and quite frankly thats not something I want after reading some of there idea's.

Gib

Comment

Somewhere between Nut and Freak.
            If I lived in L.A. area, I would Freak out.
            Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
            An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
            Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
            Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by Disneylandrocks55
              A year ago I was a simple fan. But now... I'd have to say i'm a Nut.

The Cause: The internet.
              DITTO!

Comment

Actually I've been a closet Disney fan until the last few years. Now Full Fledged "nut" if you got it I'll buy it now. If I was in LA I would freak out also!!
                1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Im a HUGE Disney Freak!!! Gimme more pins! I must be since i'm posting this at almost 2am.
                  Tricia Jones:When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
                  Brodie: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Comment

Mmmm, disney freak all the way! I might not be able to visit the park as often as I'd like, but heck, doesnt make any more of a freak for disney... If you guys only knew hehehe, these forums keep me alive, and all the video/audio make me one!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                    ~

Comment

I am a NUT!! Hello .... I work there and on my days off, if I am not there .... my room looks SO much like Disneyland (since I have so much Merch) that I feel like I am there!! I am a nut and I am proud!!

Comment

Disney Nut!!! For me, if I go to the parks too many times, it ruins the specialness I have a HUGE collection of Disney VHS's which is slowing turning into DVD's, and there's also my Disneyland hat collection which I have almost every hat from DL....so I might be on the verge of becoming a freak! lol
                        "Just remember the month of May followed by a nerd."

Comment

Last year, before I had a car and an AP I was just a fan. But now, car+AP+internet=big ol nut. I do go multiple times a month(2-3) but often to take pictures for the photo project I'm working on...wait, does doing a semester long photo project about DLR make me a Disney Freak...?

Comment

Originally posted by WickedQueen
                            I am a NUT!! Hello .... I work there and on my days off, if I am not there .... my room looks SO much like Disneyland (since I have so much Merch) that I feel like I am there!! I am a nut and I am proud!!
                            I think you more then qualify as a freak

Comment

Originally posted by LeeLi
                              Last year, before I had a car and an AP I was just a fan. But now, car+AP+internet=big ol nut. I do go multiple times a month(2-3) but often to take pictures for the photo project I'm working on...wait, does doing a semester long photo project about DLR make me a Disney Freak...?
                              I dunno. Thats virg. Give it another month or so and I bet youll be a full fleged freak!

Comment

creepy creep with earie eyes? comeon were's that on the option list

I'm probably close to a freak

I mean seriously I'm like a state away or something :P I can't even be an APer
                                "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

I'm a freak. I'm there almost every weekend and if I'm not there I'm reading and posting on three different Disney boards.

I don't have that much Disney stuff around my home and I don't own every movie Disney ever made, but then I don't have time to watch them anyways.

Comment

I definitely qualify as a freak now, I was just a nut up until the past year or so, damn the internet. I guess when I got a giant Mickey painting on my wall was when it became official.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

Freek! It's all in the name....(as I stare up at my framed Disney stamps on the wall and my 3 picture frames on my comp desk, along with the V-day prez i got my man which is Stitch with a heart saying "You WILL love me", along with my bday pic with Mickey and Minnie from 2002). I may not get there every week, but I gotta lot to be freeky for.
                                      sigpic
                                      Elsa's and Anna's
                                      Disneyland Dec 2014

Comment

Well, I was gonna say "Nut" until I thought about the ever-growing monorail track and playsets that is consuming my basement. So, "Freak" it is.

(I don't collect pins. See. I can handle it. I can handle it!)
                                        ------------------
                                        DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
                                        http://www.comedy4cast.com

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X