This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Variety: Disneyland: A National Treasure turns 50

I highly suggest you all pick up today's copy of Daily Variety. It includes a beautiful 32 page Special Commemorative Issue celebrating Disneyland's 50 Years! I especially love the Leo Burnett & Starcom champagne ad with the hidden Mickey's in the bubbles of the champagne.

We received the Automobile Club's latest issue today and it has a beautiful cover shot of the Pinocchio bronze in the Hub and a nice spread in the center along with printed winners of their contest along with the entries.
    "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

Can you buy copies of daily Variety on the East Coast?
      WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Comment

They should carry copies of it at Barnes and Nobles or Borders...

Comment

Originally posted by jmuboy
          Can you buy copies of daily Variety on the East Coast?
          You should be able to purchase Daily Variety at any well-stocked news stand. Particulary in the New York City area. Note also: Variety and Daily Variety are two different publications. Both are published by the same company.
          "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
          -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

finally, some over due reverance for our beloved dl. if only disney execs would take the clue.
            Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

Hi. I went to the local news stand and the copies of Variety and Daily Variety they had on the shelf didn't have the article. Exactly which issue is it?
              "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
              -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Grrrrrrrrrrrr! I tried getting a copy of it at my local Barns & Noble, across from the Main Place Mall in Santa Ana and at Borders at the BLOCK at Orange and both places don't carry it anylonger. Any ideas on where I can pick up a copy for myself??? And is this Disney issue only available today?

Thanks!
                Love Is An Open Door
                :love:

http://facebook.com/PatrickDisneyGuy

Comment

We received the copy in our office, but it is Daily Variety, dated Friday April 29, 2005. It has a few cover articles titled "Bush chat a costly pill to swallow", "Change of Season, Studios love the idea of summer in April", and "Marvel touts Par's hero worship" On the bottom left side of the issue is a rendering of the newly painted Sleeping Beauty Castle surrounding by lettering that states "Disneyland at 50-Stand alone issue".

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenEars
                    Grrrrrrrrrrrr! I tried getting a copy of it at my local Barns & Noble, across from the Main Place Mall in Santa Ana and at Borders at the BLOCK at Orange and both places don't carry it anylonger. Any ideas on where I can pick up a copy for myself??? And is this Disney issue only available today?

Thanks!
                    There are several newstands in Los Angeles that carry this magazine. You can also try looking for specialty newstands in Orange County. You know the ones that only sell magazines. If I see one out here I'll try to get an extra copy or two. And yes, the magazine says display until APRIL 29, 2005. So it will only be available today.

Comment

It's a special issue, not the April 29 issue. If you have a subscription, it's included with your subscription. I tried to buy extra copies from newstands today, but the three places I went had the regular issue but not the special issue.

monorail1 - You're reading the date wrong. It says "Display until May 29, 2005". Special issues are usually supposed to be available for a couple weeks at least.

Comment

We got them with our subscriptions too.

It is a seperate stand alone magazine, and it came shrinkwrapped with the regular edition of DAILY VARIETY. So I dont know how many newstands will have it available. It's $4.95 price would indicate it's for sale SOMEWHERE maybe at the Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian?

The beautiful thing about the magazine is it's a special commemorative issue that they usually reserve for movie studios turning 50, 75 or whatever. Because it's Walt Disney's original park, it gets the respect it deserves with this sort of Hollywood tribute.

No new information is really presented for a MiceChatter type but its still fun to peruse. Humorously even Daily Variety refers to sister park as "California Adventures" p. 30). It also has an article that says "somee of the ideas being batted around include rides and attractions based on Monsters Inc and the Incredibles, and successful brands like Bab y Einstein and tthe Muppets. Jay Rasulo (head of ww parks) says "when we see the success of something like The Incredibles, I can assure you that we have multiple ideas in various stages of development behind that concept. As far as Monsters Inc, we have a couple of ideas that you may see in the not too distant future, not only at Disneyland but also elswhere around our parks".

Comment

Parade magazine also had A shot of Walt and an Imagineer looking at A model of IASW. Also a 70'S photo of SBC.
                          1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X