Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Matterhorn Bobsleds Closed

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matterhorn Bobsleds Closed

The Matterhorn is going to be closed all of September, does anyone know how long it will be closed? Is Disney making any major changes to the ride, or is this just for refurbishment?

Sitting on Pooh's pot

Re: Matterhorn Bobsleds Closed

Wow. You scared me for a second with your subject heading -- I was going to say "no they're not, I rode them yesterday!"

Riderefurbs.com has the following: Matterhorn Bobsleds August 28 November 22 n/a
    Mouseplanet has a little more detail, as follows, from a report this week:

In a piece of good news for late-summer travelers, the closing of Matterhorn Bobsleds for a couple months appears to have been delayed to September 5. This keeps it available through Labor Day but may also mean it will be closed over the Thanksgiving weekend in November. It seems the target is still to have it open by then, but if not then it should be open in time for the Christmas rush.

There's no information that this will be anything but a maintenance refurbishment so far.

Comment

Gosh, are they just about DONE with these excessively LONG
      refurbs for Matterhorn???????? Seems like they have been
      going on for 10 to 15 years.
      Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
      An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
      Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
      Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
        Gosh, are they just about DONE with these excessively LONG
        refurbs for Matterhorn???????? Seems like they have been
        going on for 10 to 15 years.
        Well the ride IS almost 50 years old...

The refurb is also rumored to add new bobsleds that have a new restraint system and eliminate lap seating.

Comment

If you ride the Tomorrowland side, there is infact a "new" bobsled on the side track waiting to be tested. There is a tag on front that says Do Not Use. I hope they improve the snow falling effect on the chain lift up and enhance this effect with cold air.

Comment

Originally posted by kronos View Post
            If you ride the Tomorrowland side, there is infact a "new" bobsled on the side track waiting to be tested. There is a tag on front that says Do Not Use. I hope they improve the snow falling effect on the chain lift up and enhance this effect with cold air.
            I saw that yesterday - are you sure this is a new bobsled? It looked used and I saw that one seatbelt was worn out with yellow tape on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogberto View Post
              I saw that yesterday - are you sure this is a new bobsled? It looked used and I saw that one seatbelt was worn out with yellow tape on it.
              Actually I don't know, that was why i put "new" in quotes. I didn't really get a good look at it. They have had a few on that side track before, but his was has been there for a couple of weeks now, so I figured it may be new and needs testing. But i honestly don't know.

Comment

Wow! I thought Colbert was a good guy, until I saw
                that list! DL hits the list 3 times! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

(Well, I can forgive him for placing that Small World song on the list)
                Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Hi! Can anyone post a pic with this new "bobsled" please? I would like to see it. Thx.

--- BDDAD

Comment

Originally posted by Big Drunk Dave @ DL View Post
                    Hi! Can anyone post a pic with this new "bobsled" please? I would like to see it. Thx.

--- BDDAD
                    It looks like the old ones, it only has a yellow tag on front that says "Do Not Use". It may not even be new just newly refurbished or going to be refurbished. It has been sitting there on the side track for atleast a week, and every time I go by I don't think to give it a good look.

Comment

That "DO NOT USE" bobsled has been sitting there since at LEAST May 06, when I first saw it. I believe it is waiting for retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post

Wow! I thought Colbert was a good guy, until I saw
                        that list! DL hits the list 3 times! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

(Well, I can forgive him for placing that Small World song on the list)
                        That's nothing - you should see the list from last night's show!

Comment

Disneyland Have no way to take bobsleds and fix wheels, so Disneyland need to take Bobsleds off track and may paint on it and check then all also the same time check the track.
                          AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
                          Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
                          Older photo
                          New Photo

Member of
                          MiceChat WDW Trip
                          Next trip
                          2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Originally posted by Frogberto View Post
                            That's nothing - you should see the list from last night's show!

Can we turn it into a Mastercard Ad?

That was hilarious!) :lol:
                            Quote by Al:
                            To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                            -Al Lutz

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X