Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

How I almost died in DCA yesterday...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I almost died in DCA yesterday...

Don't you just love people that are overdramatic? Well, it doesn't seem too overdramatic to me. I was rushing to get to the California Screamin' fastpass machines, and passed by .... or should I say under, the Maliboomer. I saw the column closest to me "launch", and head straight up.

At that point, the woman in front of me started screaming, and said "oh my God, oh my God!", while looking up. Less than two feet in front of me, a heavy Coach purse slammed into the concrete. Apparently it was launched straight up from someone's lap or hands, and flew back down to Earth, and chose the unfortunate (for me) spot right in front of where I was briskly walking.

A man came up to me and said, "Are you okay?" I was fine. He then said "what was that, a book?!?"

Re: How I almost died in DCA yesterday...

well it's a goood thing that your ok...we don't want accidents in DCA, but peopole should really learn to secure there belongings. My friend almost learned that the hard way.
    Last edited by thrax; 08-28-2006, 12:23 AM. Reason: wrong park
    sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

Comment

that is a bit scary....I would not want

Cause of Death: Head Trauma caused by Coach Purse at theme Park

on my Death Certificate......thank god you were un harmed

Comment

Originally posted by Frogberto View Post
        A man came up to me and said, "Are you okay?" I was fine. He then said "what was that, a book?!?"
        Dude, that was so totally my copy of "War and Peace". I like to read while travelling at lightspeed.

Just Kidding!

Well the good news is, once your heart rate calmed down a bit, you could go buy a glass of beer or wine in DCA.
        Last edited by Kick'n it in C.A.; 08-28-2006, 12:21 AM. Reason: I forgot the wine.

Comment

or get some free tortillas
          sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

Comment

Wow...people who are dumb enough to take their large handbags on a ride that rockets you directly upward should not be allowed to own a Coach bag. I know that Coach is a pricey line, and you'd feel better taking it with you, but c'mon...
            MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

That is why I take big a big loop around it. I don't trust people on that ride.

And stupid person, hello

:ghug: Thank goddness your okay.

Comment

I'd be tempted to throw her purse in the water! Ugh, man I'm sorry you had to have that happen to you all because of some dumb ***** who needs to take a fancy purse with her on an attraction.

Just remember karma... she'll get what's coming to her very soon. I wouldn't want to even think of what would have happened to you had that thing hit you right in the head.
                -Wes

Comment

Hopefully it wasn't one of those coach purses with the vents for the mini chihuahuas!

Comment

Originally posted by Lore View Post
                    Hopefully it wasn't one of those coach purses with the vents for the mini chihuahuas!
                    LOL!!!

Yes, admit it, you all laughed to when you first read that... :lmao: :evil:
                    -Wes

Comment

1.Glad to hear that you survived the near assault of the handbag (COACH handbag, to be specific!)

2. Equally in awe (bad word choice, it nearly seems like an admiring quality) of the stupidity of people to carry a purse in their laps for a ride that PROPELS you at a great speed up in the air. (More in question - what was the CM doing letting her?)

3. The comment by LORE about the vents for the mini chihuahuas will have me laughing for quite some time!
                      I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you�d meet a kid,
                      then 10 seconds later you�d be playing like you were best friends?"

:love:

Comment

Don't they have baskets provided for you to put belongings in while you ride. The CM would surely look after it. Or am I thinking of another drop/tower/freefall ride? If not, she could have asked the CM to hold on to it. The lasts under a minute...

Glad you're okay though.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
                        -Jurassic Park

Comment

I'm surprised that the CM didn't notice the "puppy bag" heh heh. Seriously though I'm so glad you are ok. Something like that would have made me faint. I don't take shocks like that well.
                          Nemo's not in slumberland anymore!

Comment

People are stupid, yes. But they're paying to be stupid at the themepark.

What I find absurd is that the MaliBOOMer CM who failed to properly check the guests and make sure no carry-ons were on the attraction is being paid to be stupid.

If the guest is going to hand over cash and check their brain at the door, that's fine.

But that CM shouldn't get getting paid to check their brain at the door. That's why they're there, to maintain order and make sure brainless guests are kept under relative control.

Whatever.

At least you're okay, Frog! Good thing it didn't hurt you, Disney doesn't want MiceChat's resident lawyer after them!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

You should have taken the purse and sold it on eBay....chihuahua and all.

You'd figure peoiple would take better care of their stuff. My wife sleeps with her Coach and Dooney purses. (YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN)

At least you're all right.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X