Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PHOTO UPDATED 8/27: Even MORE Pirates art and merch, LadyBug Boogie, Vault 28, +MORE

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHOTO UPDATED 8/27: Even MORE Pirates art and merch, LadyBug Boogie, Vault 28, +MORE

And another quick update... Enjoy!

DISNEY'S VAULT 28
    There was this yellow construction man near the escalators in the Parking Structure... I suppose the escalators were down or closed or something earlier and they had this up, directing people to the elevators, and it just wasn't taken away once the escalators were back running... I dunno...

Construction progresses (slowly) at Disney's Vault 28 in Downtown Disney.

A peek behind the construction wall... Looks like the themeing will consist of Hot Topic-style faux "aged" brick decor.

Looks like Disney is (desperately) trying to sell as many Golden Ear Hats as they can before the 50th is over. Here's an offer to get one for $5 (saves you about $6.50), but only if you spend $50 or more in World of Disney.

FRANCIS' LADYBUG BOOGIE
    It's still down, and those construction walls are serious...

A peek behind the wall shows it town apart...

WILL IT EVER END?
    EVEN MORE PIRATES ART & MERCH

"Dead Men Tell No Tales" by Bob Ellias. Giclee. $525.

"Be No Turnin' Back" by Bob Ellias. Giclee. $500.

... by Noah. $575.

"Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland" by Shag. Petite print. Unframed: $35 (comes with "cloud" shaped double matte). Framed (pictured): $125. -- If you buy this piece, DON'T buy it framed. Get it unframed, since it comes with the matte. Then go to your local Aaron Brothers or Michaels and get a nice $20 frame and save somewhere around $70!
    ...Interesting that the title of this piece is aimed at POTC fans, when it also features the Haunted Mansion. Should probably be called "New Orleans Square at Disneyland"

"Pirates of the Caribbean" Shag women's shirt. $24.

Monopoly Pirates of the Caribbean Collector's Edition $40.

..And not a POTC piece, but the 2005 Disney Insider Yearbook, hardcover edition, has made it's way to Disneyland. Wasn't this book supposed to be available online-only.. Not available in stores? Interesting... I guess they couldn't get rid of their stock. The book isn't worth the $50 price tag though, in my opinion. I'd suggest going online and looking for the cheaper (I believe $25) softcover edition. The bonus DVD the hardcover edition comes with is nothing more than a bloated commercial for the book that it comes with. It makes no sense and holds very little value to the overall package...

...And that's all for this update!
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 08-28-2006, 03:45 PM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Re: PHOTO UPDATED 8/27: Even MORE Pirates art and merch, LadyBug Boogie, Vault 28, +MORE

Great update! Thanks for it, all the pirates stuff looks great.

Comment

Re: PHOTO UPDATED 8/27: Even MORE Pirates art and merch, LadyBug Boogie, Vault 28, +MORE

When I visited the park, my friend and I agreed that the price for POTC Monopoly was to high. The game should be more like $15 to $20.

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
        When I visited the park, my friend and I agreed that the price for POTC Monopoly was to high. The game should be more like $15 to $20.
        I agree. Since normal Monopoly routinely sells for $10 at Target and Wal-Mart, the pricing for special Disney-fied versions of board games is really outrageous. There are many I'd like to get, but at $40 for Pirates Monopoly, Haunted Mansion Clue, the Magic Kingdom Game, Pirates of the Caribbean RISK, ....all wayyyy overpriced.

Comment

great pics!! I'd love some golden ears, but I'll bet they'll be gone by the time I get there. I LOVED all the items for sale. Thanks for posting them

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
          Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
          Originally Posted by MWalton
          :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

darnit!! Looks like Vault 28 wont be open when I go September 29th. GRRRR!!!!
            "Minnie is the Audrey Hepburn of Disney. She's been wearing black flats and polka dots since the 1930's."
            Kidada Jones

Comment

As always great report and pictures! Thanks for sharing

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by tassie View Post
                great pics!! I'd love some golden ears, but I'll bet they'll be gone by the time I get there. I LOVED all the items for sale. Thanks for posting them
                If you want to get your Golden Ears before it's too late, call Disneyland DelivEARs at 1-800-362-4533. You can purchase it right over the phone with a credit card, and you might even be able to get them embroidered. Disney will ship them right out to you and you can wear them on your next trip, or proudly display them on your shelf at home.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
                  If you want to get your Golden Ears before it's too late, call Disneyland DelivEARs at 1-800-362-4533. You can purchase it right over the phone with a credit card, and you might even be able to get them embroidered. Disney will ship them right out to you and you can wear them on your next trip, or proudly display them on your shelf at home.
                  but I'm in Australia

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
                  :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

Re: PHOTO UPDATED 8/27: Even MORE Pirates art and merch, LadyBug Boogie, Vault 28, +

Too bad about Vault 28, would have loved to have seen it sooner. Oh well. Thanks for the update, it's nice to see the progress, if any.
                    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Originally posted by tassie View Post
                      but I'm in Australia
                      Ahh yes. I suppose that may be a problem. I'd still suggest calling the number or e-mailing Disneyland via their "comments" form on www.Disneyland.com and seeing about possibly getting some ears shipped to you.

Otherwise, eBay may be your only option.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
                        Ahh yes. I suppose that may be a problem. I'd still suggest calling the number or e-mailing Disneyland via their "comments" form on www.Disneyland.com and seeing about possibly getting some ears shipped to you.

Otherwise, eBay may be your only option.
                        THANKS!!

Charles M. Schulz

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X