Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

MiceChat Knott's Scary Farm Event

Tickets for MiceChat's annual Knott's Scary Farm meetup are now on sale. Event info can be found here - scaryfarm2017.eventzilla.net
2 of 3 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply.
3 of 3 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

Does any one remember??

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does any one remember??

When they had Angel/Disneyland day? We used to pay one price go to a game at the big A then head over to disneyland after. It was cool cause you would see a lot of players in line. We saw Rod Carew with his kids in line for Big Thunder. I wish they still did that. We went every year.

Re: Does any one remember??

We went once or twice. It was a great two-for offer. That was back when the Angels were still the California Angels, not the Anaheim Angels or the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.

Rod Carew was a great batter, that was also about the same time that the Dodgers had Cey and Garvey and of course the Angles' current manager playing for them.
    VISIT my sketchblog: M54

Comment

We used to purchase these special tickets many times when they did them. I've got a few unused ones in my collection, but I'm on the road until October and can't scan one to post here probably until that time.

For a few years Disneyland also co-hosted the "Disneyland Pigskin Classic" football games.

Comment

oh yes i do!!! :angel: i did about 2 of them! they were usually (always?) on a sunday, with the game first.

i don't remember seeing players there, but i thought it was great as a teen.

i have mixed feelings when it comes to bringing them back. on one hand they were cool because i love both.

on the other hand, i was much younger, prices for both were cheaper (DLR's $$ have gone up much more than the Halos however) and DLR was smaller.

i went to both one day for a playoff game against the Red Sox in October 2004 and again for a playoff game with the White Sox in 2005. In 2004, it was a chance to go without my kids so i headed to DCA and rode the thrill rides multiple times. by the time i got over to DLR, i was exhausted and all i could do was ride the Mark Twain. i also saw the Billies and sat in Frontierland a while (but now i know what to do when i go to DLR when i'm old. ) the playoff games were fun those night but th Angels lost both times. :verymad:

these days, i'm lucky to squeeze in a trip to the Big A on a muli-day DLR trip - my DD's are NOTquite big fans. yet.

the one thing that mystified me was when Disney owned the Angels, why they didn't do more or bring them back. the 'cross-marketing syngery' they sold wall street on was largely a load of crap - i never saw any. but at least they won the World Series when Disney was in charge!!! and unlike most of you, Paul Pressler has a special place in my heart for it. ok, that may be going to far, but i do cut him a lot of slack!!
        a friend of Walt.

Comment

yep! *sigh* I Also Remember when The games use to be chep! Those were the days huh? GO ANGELS!!!

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
          MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

Comment

So they did this in the 80's?

Comment

I immediatly thought about Danny Glover when i read this thread

SUPPORT THE CMs

sigpic
              For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Comment

Originally posted by barfownz View Post
                So they did this in the 80's?
                more in the 70's from what i remember. must have stopped in the early 80s.
                a friend of Walt.

Comment

The event started in late 1960's and we went to all of them. The game/DL was always on a Sunday. They would close the park to only those with tickets from the game.

Lots of fun.
                  judimouse

Mousefest 2008 here we come

http://www.tinkstravel.com

http://www.dlresortinfo.com

Comment

you mean they tortured people by having to go to an Angels game??? I'm sorry but Los Angeles already has a real team.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X