This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Sawyers Island

When you visit Disneyland do you go to Tom Sawyer Island? Everytime or occasionally? I hadn't been to the island since they closed the Fort, and then when I went this summer I realized how lovely it is to have something so different right in the midst of all the clamor. I remembered there was a graveyard, but walked right past it and had to ask the CM at the dock where it was! I wondered if it is popular only with one-time guests or with locals as well.
    Last edited by RetroMousie; 08-30-2006, 09:51 AM.

Re: Tom Sawyers Island

I have only been on the island once that I can remember and have added it to my "to do" list for the next trip. It seems like there is a lot of hidden fun on the island and something we just overlook as we rush from the HM to POC.

Comment

Tom Sawyers Island is a great place to relax and get away from the crowds. I don't go there each time I'm at the park, but it's nice to sit under a tree and relax from time to time. The graveyard is just north of the fort.
      Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

I was watching a video from 1995, the mountains of disneyland, and it had cascade peak there at that time, as the hidden mountain... Is it still there? If not whats in it's place???

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
        ~

Comment

Tom Sawyers Island is our favorite "getaway from the crowds" spot (other than DCA...LOL).

We really enjoy just hanging out people watching from across the ROA. It's a great view of the crowds and the (now) never-ending line for the POTC.

The kids can spend hours exploring the island.

We do wish that they would re-open the Fort. Our kids liked to "shoot" at the Columbia as it circled the island.

Comment

I usually visit the island when I go to DL. It's relaxing and I like to say hello to Roger.

Comment

yeah i need to go again
              OLM!!!
              There is no better park than TDS

sigpic

Comment

I go every time I take my 8 year old. He loves it. I spend a good hour and a half there. If I let him we'd be there all day. I have fun when I'm with him but can't seem to alone or with adults. I think its trully a young boys special place.

Comment

why did they closed down the fort
                  Remember
                  DREAMS
                  Come True!

sigpic

Comment

Grab a turkey leg, a coke, and a churro and head over there for lunch. It's nice and quiet (in some spots) and you can relax for a little while without havinig to deal with any crowds.

Comment

I Love Tsi!!!!!!

Comment

I had just went on it this year. Now i can say i have been on everything at DL. Very neat, Great place for photos.

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
                        MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

Comment

Me and my friends stop by the island in the afternoon and just sit around for an hour in the shade. It's a great place to relax for a bit, beat the heat, crowds, and re-energize!
                          I Gravitate towards anything that Sparkles :clap:

Comment

I love Tom Sawyer's Island! Although not many people seem to know about it, thus the lack of crowds.

I really think that the island could use a vegetation makeover -- guests and Fantasmic have taken it's toll on what used to be some grassy areas that are just dirt.

Knotts used to have something similar called "Jungle Island", that was a separate admission of only $1.50 and had tunnels and rope bridges to play on.

When uou are a boy of 7-13 that stuff is pure fun!

Comment

Did the Disney lawyers close the Teeter Totter rocks for "Safety Reasons"? Or are the rocks still there?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X