Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Tom Sawyers Island

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Sawyers Island

When you visit Disneyland do you go to Tom Sawyer Island? Everytime or occasionally? I hadn't been to the island since they closed the Fort, and then when I went this summer I realized how lovely it is to have something so different right in the midst of all the clamor. I remembered there was a graveyard, but walked right past it and had to ask the CM at the dock where it was! I wondered if it is popular only with one-time guests or with locals as well.
    Last edited by RetroMousie; 08-30-2006, 10:51 AM.

Re: Tom Sawyers Island

I have only been on the island once that I can remember and have added it to my "to do" list for the next trip. It seems like there is a lot of hidden fun on the island and something we just overlook as we rush from the HM to POC.

Comment

Tom Sawyers Island is a great place to relax and get away from the crowds. I don't go there each time I'm at the park, but it's nice to sit under a tree and relax from time to time. The graveyard is just north of the fort.
      Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

I was watching a video from 1995, the mountains of disneyland, and it had cascade peak there at that time, as the hidden mountain... Is it still there? If not whats in it's place???

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
        ~

Comment

Tom Sawyers Island is our favorite "getaway from the crowds" spot (other than DCA...LOL).

We really enjoy just hanging out people watching from across the ROA. It's a great view of the crowds and the (now) never-ending line for the POTC.

The kids can spend hours exploring the island.

We do wish that they would re-open the Fort. Our kids liked to "shoot" at the Columbia as it circled the island.

Comment

I usually visit the island when I go to DL. It's relaxing and I like to say hello to Roger.

Comment

yeah i need to go again
              OLM!!!
              There is no better park than TDS

sigpic

Comment

I go every time I take my 8 year old. He loves it. I spend a good hour and a half there. If I let him we'd be there all day. I have fun when I'm with him but can't seem to alone or with adults. I think its trully a young boys special place.

Comment

why did they closed down the fort
                  Remember
                  DREAMS
                  Come True!

sigpic

Comment

Grab a turkey leg, a coke, and a churro and head over there for lunch. It's nice and quiet (in some spots) and you can relax for a little while without havinig to deal with any crowds.

Comment

I Love Tsi!!!!!!

Comment

I had just went on it this year. Now i can say i have been on everything at DL. Very neat, Great place for photos.

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
                        MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

Comment

Me and my friends stop by the island in the afternoon and just sit around for an hour in the shade. It's a great place to relax for a bit, beat the heat, crowds, and re-energize!
                          I Gravitate towards anything that Sparkles :clap:

Comment

I love Tom Sawyer's Island! Although not many people seem to know about it, thus the lack of crowds.

I really think that the island could use a vegetation makeover -- guests and Fantasmic have taken it's toll on what used to be some grassy areas that are just dirt.

Knotts used to have something similar called "Jungle Island", that was a separate admission of only $1.50 and had tunnels and rope bridges to play on.

When uou are a boy of 7-13 that stuff is pure fun!

Comment

Did the Disney lawyers close the Teeter Totter rocks for "Safety Reasons"? Or are the rocks still there?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X