This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Press Release

Which I left at work. Anyway this was release on Tuesday but it was just given to me today. It explains the five crowns that are topping the turrest for the 50th. A lot of people thought they were going to symbolize "the Disney Princesses" or "each of the other Disneyland Parks around the world, even those not open yet". But no. Each of the crowns will have something added to them that symbolizes a decade of change at Disneyland.

Tiara 1 - will represent the opening of Disneyland with mouse ears peeking over the horizon looking into the future of the Park.
    Each of the other triara's will represent The New Tomorrowland of 1967, The Beloved Main Street Electical Parade and The Indiana Jones Adventure. Each will have something on the crown to represent that era. The final crown will have Tinkerbell and fireworks to celebrate the 50th anniversary.

I like this idea and the fact that this represents changes at our Disneyland and not something from animated movies or other Disney Theme Park. I wish I had brought the Press Release home with me, then I could actually tell you what each of the crowns will have. I remember the Tomorrowland will have Monorails, but I can't remember the rest. And I don't go back until Monday. Maybe someone else around here got the press release and has the information. The Press Release also talk about the special paint that was used to redo the Castle and how it will look during the day and at night.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

where are these crowns I must have missed that somewhere??
    -Miss Wendy Lynn

The second star to the right
    Shines in the night for you
    To tell you that the dreams you plan
    Really can come true

Comment

Here's the new release from Disneyland... it talks about what they're adding to the castle and its symbolic value...

Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland to receive royal makeover for "Happiest Homecoming on Earth"
      "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

Visit The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets and Mickeypedia!

Comment

Thanks for posting the press release. I though my friend had sent it here as well as work, but I was wrong. The crowns will be revealed on May 4th to the press and to us on May 5th. They aren't there yet, but they are shown in all the art work of the 50th Castle pictures.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Exciting stuff!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
          ~

Comment

The new Disneyland Resort News site is up and running! Along with the releases (there are lots!), there are some press kits for download.

www.dlrnews.com
            Visions Fantastic!

Comment

I think the crowns are backstage getting preped for instalation on May 3rd/May 4th....

Getting finnished.. that way all they ahev to do is lower them overnight.. test.. adjust... seal.. and let the magic work...

Comment

Comment

Good stuff. thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Lang
                    The new Disneyland Resort News site is up and running! Along with the releases (there are lots!), there are some press kits for download.

www.dlrnews.com
                    Does one need to be part of a Media Organisation to access most of this site?

Comment

Originally posted by drnilescrane
                      Does one need to be part of a Media Organisation to access most of this site?
                      Anyone can register, but to get access to the video and hi resolution photos, you need to be associated with a media organization of some kind. (prominent website, newspaper, radio, print media, etc). However, anyone registered can read the press releases and download some of the press kits (which have hi resolution photos in them).
                      Visions Fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Lang
                        Anyone can register, but to get access to the video and hi resolution photos, you need to be associated with a media organization of some kind. (prominent website, newspaper, radio, print media, etc). However, anyone registered can read the press releases and download some of the press kits (which have hi resolution photos in them).
                        Well I did get the Steve Martin one, which came in a kit, but I wanted some of the Hotels and the Monorail... And some of the Video too!

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherPixie
                          Tiara Three: The beautiful Blue Fairy represents the debut of the beloved Main Street Electrical Parade.
                          BWAAAAAWAAAAWAAAAAH!

Sorry, but that's making me bawl like crazy all of a sudden.

I want my parade back!!!!
                          disneyp[email protected]

Comment

you will indeed hear a beautiful MSEP tribute in the Remember...Dreams Come True "E-Ticket in the Sky" show.

trust me, it sounds amazing!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherPixie
                              Tiara Four: The Indiana Jones Adventure is represented by the evil Eye of Mara, guarded by mesmerizing snakes.

You gazed into the eye of Mara... now you shall be thrown into the sub lagoon.
                              :devil:
                              tick tock tick tock madness comes tonight
                              what's reality compared to me
                              I rest on the bed and I'm sure I slowly get mad
                              I'm in a state of mind which makes me blind
                              for the fact that I'm a man
                              I'm here to stay forever but not today

--
                              Timekiller - Project Pitchfork

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyphile
                                I want my parade back!!!!
                                Your parade!?!?!?! HA!!!! What do you mean your parade? It's MY parade!!!!!!!!

BTW, thanks for the info Pixie and Lost Boy. It' gets more exciting as each day passes.
                                "George Bush... is only for now."
                                Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind! :cwink:

Comment

Isn't it interesting that, during this time of change in Tomorrowland, they would devote a tiara to the 1967 version. Could this be an indication of things to come?

Someone wondered on another thread if the drawbridge was still functional and if it would be used again in this 50th celebration. This might be a hint.
                                  "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                                  -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

From what Al :bow: told me one day at the Park, the answer in no. Paul Pressler didn't want to spend money on upkeep for the mechinisms and such so he had T. Irby (who was more than happy to do this) and his crew remove all the mechinisms that raise and lower the drawbridge. Matt & Jay asked the crew, after getting rid of T. Irby and his yucky crew, to go look at the bridge and see what could be done to raise and lower the bridge for the 50th, but I guess it was too expensive to put back as they decided not too. Unless things have changed, the bridge will not move.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Boy
                                      From what Al :bow: told me one day at the Park, the answer in no. Paul Pressler didn't want to spend money on upkeep for the mechinisms and such so he had T. Irby (who was more than happy to do this) and his crew remove all the mechinisms that raise and lower the drawbridge. Matt & Jay asked the crew, after getting rid of T. Irby and his yucky crew, to go look at the bridge and see what could be done to raise and lower the bridge for the 50th, but I guess it was too expensive to put back as they decided not too. Unless things have changed, the bridge will not move.
                                      Well... that is a crying shame. It would seem to me that if you don't want to use or maintain something anymore, you just ignore it and let it rust instead of spending more time and money removing it. Sometimes you wanna just spit!
                                      "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                                      -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Boy
                                        Well, there's always the 75th Anniversary...
                                        "George Bush... is only for now."
                                        Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind! :cwink:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X