Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got my Commemorative 6-Disc Music Set!!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got my Commemorative 6-Disc Music Set!!

It's awesome! The music for space mountain (new!) is on it too...it soungs GREAT!! You can easily find the track listing online...but I can say that the box (and three textured boxes that come within) are of the utmost quality. What an awesome CD set!!
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

Verry cool.... Now to save the money myself...... (I could pick it up in a few days over near WDW thought... since i will be "sick" on 5/5/05)

Comment

Im listening to the direct cut of Remember... right now. It's at the MSEP part. Sounds great!
      -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
      -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
      --DCA: World Of Color

Comment

mine arrived today as well, and it is a beautiful treasure i will always cherish.

yeah, the MSEP is incredible to hear in this mix!!

gives ya chills

i am so grateful for Disney to release this special set and more than happy to pay the money! LOL, seems WDC and I just keep trading checks. :lol:
        sigpic

Comment

I just picked up a copy of it on Main Street today, along with the 2-disc album. Two thumbs up from me!!
          "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Comment

Lucky sods!
            Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

Comment

OMG!!! IT ARRIVED!! I AM SOOO HAPPY!!! I put in the first CD and started crying. This is the best give I've ever received!!

EDIT: The new SM track is AMAZING!! So awesome. And the Remember soundtrack is SO GOOD!! It has the same SCORE as Wishes, BUT, it's a new orchestration and it sounds MUCH better!!
              BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
              I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

Comment

Mine just shipped yesterday, I'm so excited about listening to this!!! This is Awesome. It is just incredible what this set has. I HAVE #2157
                Last edited by Alchimedes; 05-10-2005, 08:28 PM.
                1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

I face the difficult choice of paying this month's rental on the Iron Lung my Mom's attached to, or maybe use that cash to get those CDs. I wonder how long she can hold her breath? Thoughts?
                  "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

I ordered mine last week at disneydirect... still backordered...
                    When I logged into the site last night, the edition with the gold vinyl is no longer available. They're now only taking orders for the one with black vinyl.
                    I thought that the limited edition was the one with the vinyl... it looks like there's limited and "really limited".
                    We'll see what shows up in the mail...
                    Download the latest MousePod - Volume 2 Episode 3

or subscribe via iTunes here

Comment

Received mine in the mail today. The box, book, CD's and record are wonderful. I could not be happier with this purchase. For the price it was well worth it and one of the few items we consider to be a true bargain.

New music for Space Mountain was good and should be a great addition to the attraction.

I was not at all impressed with the music for the new fireworks program. "Remember Dreams Come True" did nothing for me, just short versions of the attractions at Disneyland. Of course, the fireworks would improve the experience but it was not a program you would listen to over and over like "Believe" was. What do others think?

Comment

i think you will really enjoy it WITH fireworks. it would be cool to have a "live" recording with ambiant crowd and explosions in synch with the downbeats.
                        Last edited by MinionLumbo; 04-30-2005, 08:01 PM. Reason: boss told me to put a more positive spin on the story
                        sigpic

Comment

feel free if you so desire to put a link up where we can hear S.M.
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/awinner

The difference between "involvement" and "commitment" is like a eggs and ham breakfast: The chicken was "involved" - the pig was "commited"!

Comment

Originally posted by Disneynut
                            Received mine in the mail today. The box, book, CD's and record are wonderful. I could not be happier with this purchase. For the price it was well worth it and one of the few items we consider to be a true bargain.

New music for Space Mountain was good and should be a great addition to the attraction.

I was not at all impressed with the music for the new fireworks program. "Remember Dreams Come True" did nothing for me, just short versions of the attractions at Disneyland. Of course, the fireworks would improve the experience but it was not a program you would listen to over and over like "Believe" was. What do others think?
                            Agreed, on all points! I really loved the new SM music. Very catchy, and it's fast becoming my favorite track on that disc.

I, too, was not overly impressed with Remember. I don't like that that blatantly copied and pasted Wishes in at the beginning and end - I would much rather have seen a bit more original theme. Maybe one using the theme from "Remember When" (which I love!) would have been more appropriate. Also, I felt like the soundtrack was too soundbyte-based without enough underscore support in some parts. I'll wait to see how that works out in person on Thursday...
                            "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Comment

If I knew how, I would upload the new Space track. But I don't :lol: It's very techno and whismical is how I would describe it. Very very nice.

If you listen (those who have it) to Remember very closely, you can see that the beginning is a brand new orchestration and not just a direct lift from Wishes like the finale is. I really like the ending, and the little Wishes inspired segment in the middle. The Haunted Mansion and Star Tours sequences are AMAZING!!
                              BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
                              I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

Comment

Can someone upload the new SM track for downloading, or at least send it tome via AIM? I have an AIM button right to the left there.

<-----AIM me.
                                Member of the Disney Class of 2005
                                Disneyland CM for 4 years.
                                May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Just called DisneyDirect and went to the park this afternoon, both are sold out and on backorder until mid June!!!!! UGH!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stStarIC2nite
                                    If I knew how, I would upload the new Space track. But I don't :lol: It's very techno and whismical is how I would describe it. Very very nice.
                                    My first thought is that it was very "Incredibles"-ish - much like the soundtrack to that film.

If you listen (those who have it) to Remember very closely, you can see that the beginning is a brand new orchestration and not just a direct lift from Wishes like the finale is. I really like the ending, and the little Wishes inspired segment in the middle. The Haunted Mansion and Star Tours sequences are AMAZING!!
                                    You're right, it's slightly different. But they're extremely similar, enough so that I feel like they're virtually the same. At least when they used "Remember the Magic" for holiday Believe, they changed the lyrics and made it very different sounding - and even that was for a show used only a few months out of the year.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing about wishes. But only Disney Nuts will know that the soundtrack is 'taken' from another park. And that's only the begining and the ending. I still love the soundtrack, but it would have been beter if they wrote a new song for the begining and ending.

Comment

Did the ones that all ready got theirs order it on the 26th of April? I did too and it says it's backordered!

Upload the Remember and Space soundtrack for me!!!!:devil:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X