This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 50th celebration now ends September 30th

In the two new Disneyland Press Releases from today (posted in the News Section), there was some solid info...

So the 50th will come to an end "Officially" before the "Year of a Million Dreams", but the Fireworks and the Parade will last at least thru October...

And the official confirmation about when the Christmas Parade will start...

Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: The 50th celebration now ends September 30th

I like how all of the special attractions they note continuing for the next month are all sticking around long after even though they make it sound as though theyre 50th-exclusive offerings. I mean, obviously Pirates and Space would be sticking around, but Remember and the Parade of Dreams probably should be moving on once the 50th concludes, but nothing ever moves on when it should at , right?

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

With the Parade of Dreams, it was never meant to be a 50th exclusive offering. It premiered for the 50th, and was planned (as they do now) to be the new parade for Disneyland for up to 5 years. It was also very, very expensive, and to get their worth on the investment, they have to run the show for at least a certain number of years.
      As for the fireworks, it's a bit different, as the show it feels very Disneyland anniversary heavy, what with the E-tickets in the sky portion. But overall, with a few adjustments, it can run as the standard disneyland fireworks show.

Comment

I can see with the parade, where it was "designed", if you will, to be not exclusive to the 50th. All of the 50th references are in the Julie Andrews recorded introduction, and possibly even in the use of the gold handheld banners, but you don't see golden "50" mouse ears or anything else unique to the 50th anniversary as a crucial element of this parade.

Comment

hhmmm... It's about time... :yea: The 50th anniversary lasted like 14 months.

Comment

So much of it being an 18 month celebration.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
            The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
            Indy Ride Count: 2211
            World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
              So the 50th will come to an end "Officially" before the "Year of a Million Dreams", but the Fireworks and the Parade will last at least thru October......
              Ah good. I return to California Sept 30th and want to see the fireworks and parade one last time. But in all, I'm glad its over, time to turn a new leaf!

Comment

i want the fireworks to go on forever!! these are the best yet!
                OLM!!!
                There is no better park than TDS

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by audibleatom View Post
                  i want the fireworks to go on forever!! these are the best yet!
                  Ditto man...ditto. Keep em' going! :thumbup:
                  http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
                  www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
                  http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

I'll be there about 9 more times before the 50th ends.

Comment

the only thing that should 'stay' of the 50th is the Fireworks show. It is FABULOUS. THey just need to remove the part where Julie Andrews says "50 years ago...."....maybe each year they could get her to say "51 years ago....." "52 years ago...." you know? Everything else is fabulous! The first time I saw it in May 2005, I got teary eyed - especially when I heard the Main Street Electical Parade Music in the early part of the spectacle. It brought back a lot of childhood memories, indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
                        the only thing that should 'stay' of the 50th is the Fireworks show. It is FABULOUS. THey just need to remove the part where Julie Andrews says "50 years ago...."....maybe each year they could get her to say "51 years ago....." "52 years ago...." you know? Everything else is fabulous! The first time I saw it in May 2005, I got teary eyed - especially when I heard the Main Street Electical Parade Music in the early part of the spectacle. It brought back a lot of childhood memories, indeed.
                        or she can just add "over" to it to say "over 50 years ago" and it could last for a Long time that way
                        ~Annie~

Comment

I do have to say I love the fireworks. I'm curious how they are going to top them. I would love for them to stay longer. The rest... I'm ok if it goes... but the fireworks man... WOW.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Yeah, they should keep the fireworks from the 50th for a while. I like them more than Fantasmic! even.

Comment

Originally posted by tcsnwhite View Post
                              With the Parade of Dreams, it was never meant to be a 50th exclusive offering. It premiered for the 50th, and was planned (as they do now) to be the new parade for Disneyland for up to 5 years. It was also very, very expensive, and to get their worth on the investment, they have to run the show for at least a certain number of years.
                              As for the fireworks, it's a bit different, as the show it feels very Disneyland anniversary heavy, what with the E-tickets in the sky portion. But overall, with a few adjustments, it can run as the standard disneyland fireworks show.
                              i just find it interesting that back in the 1970's and 1980's parades would last a couple of years and then be updated or replaced altogether. Now that Disney is a multi-billion dollar company, they suddenly don't have enough money to spend on new parades. (But they do have enough money to increase top executive salaries at 15% a year, plus pay the largest bonuses of any company in the world to their executives.) But Disney now is strapped for cash, we we should all pitch in and buy an extra churro on our next visit.
                              Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X