This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club 33 food....

I'm heading down to DL on mother's day weekend with my mom and as a special surprise for her I asked a friend of mine if he could get us reservations at Club 33 (he knows someone who has a membership) which he was able to do. My question is has anyone ever eaten there and if so was the food good? I told my mom that I made reservations for Blue Bayou and when it comes time for us to head over there I'm gonna lead her up to the Club 33 door and have her ring the bell. I've been told by my friends and co-workers to get some snap shots of her expression as I stop her in front of the door. ^_^
    sigpic"Disney Crystal Power! Make-Up!"

I was there about 10 years ago and the food was fabulous! Bring lots of money, though!

Comment

I've been there a couple of times, both for the Sunday Brunch. (This was quite a few years ago.) The food was excellent, lots of "fancy" stuff like caviar, etc. It is expensive, though. But, in my opinion, worth every penny.

Be sure to take a restroom break while you're there! It's a great place to get a free souvenir of your visit! (OK, that doesn't really sound the way I meant it... :lol: )
      "George Bush... is only for now."
      Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind! :cwink:

Comment

I was there for Thanksgiving and had the stuff off their special menu for that day only. It was absolutely amazing, possibly the best meal I've ever had, but that could just be because I was in Club 33 and hadn't really gotten over the shock. If your reservations are for lunch, you'll have a buffet, if it's for dinner, you'll order off of a menu. No matter what you do, it's sure to be amazing. Have a great time!

Comment

do they allow people to take pictures in there?
          sigpic"Disney Crystal Power! Make-Up!"

Comment

They sure do. I spent a whole roll of a disposable camera when I was there last.
            Light a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the night. Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

My webpage, it's Blogtastic!

Now with working Guestbook!

Comment

I've only eaten there once, but I must say, the food was fabulous!
              Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Wow- what a great gift for your Mom- I am sure she will love it. They do have exclusive Club 33 merchandise available, and I am sure they will have something nice for the ladies on Mother's Day, so I would budget for that as well- a shirt or watch or something like that would be a great way to remember the day.

Don't forget about the drinks They have a fantastic bartender!
                Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
                Help support the site you love:
                -Visit the MiceChat store
                Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
                MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Club 33 has undergone some changes lately. I was there 2 months ago and it is no longer a true buffet. The main course you now select from a menu, it once was a buffet style for that. The salad, dessert bar is still buffet style. There used to be a pasta table with Penne and Mickey head shaped pasta's cooked with your choice of sauce but that is no longer the case. The price has gone up as well from the trip before this last one.

It is still a real fun experience and it is even better when the balconies are opened. You can walk around the second story of New Orleans Square and check out the view and take a ton of pictures.

While you are there, ask your server for the history of club 33 and they will gladly tell you the what and how the club was designed. Also check out the gift display to the left of the staircase and you will find some nice club 33 items which one can not purchase anywhere else. I have purchased pins, hats, clothes, golf items and do not forget to enter the bathroom and take a few napkins. Sounds wierd but I have seen many people do this.

One last thing, Mickey and Pluto (sometimes Goofy) come around to each table and will take as many pictures as you would like.

Take your time and enjoy.

Comment

Oh I almost forgot, keep your eyes open, last time I was there Tony Baxter was sitting in the table next to my party. He was with family so I did not want to bother him but I so wanted to talk to him about Imagineering.

Comment

Oh my lord... I was there a few weeks ago. I had the New York Steak there... it was great came with PERFECTLY cooked asparagus and carrots covered with salt and pepper. The potatoes were covered in a horseraddish sauce. It was great. My brother had the rotisserie chicken which he said was good, came with the same fixings, I believe. There was also the seafood dish served for that particular lunch which was a piece of fish (don't remember what kind) and a Maine Lobster tail served over pasta.

They also keep your water glass constantly full from a chilled glass Evian bottle. Drinks never get past 1/8 empty as the server replaces your cup with a full glass of your beverage. Oh speaking of beverages my brother got the frunt punch which I HIGHLY recommend... it's not your standard fountain punch. It's a fresh squeezed blend of three or five fruit (don't remember which ) fruits served with a FREE souvenir Club33 skewer of fruit over the top.

The salad bar had four different salads, various cold meats and where both my brother and myself were constantly returning... the jumbo shrimp and lobster tails served over ice!! The salad bar had an amazing chocolate raspberry cake and chocolate sauce to pour over. Not to mention a few different kinds of cheese cake and other sweets as well.

Here's some of the pics from that trip that I put up on the net a while back...

http://dlfreak84.tripod.com/33

Oh and one more thing... it's a great experience for any Disney fan but as I was told before my maiden voyage... keep in mind that it's a beautiful place but remember that it's a restaurant. Don't expect to be awed and amazed and feel like your life has forever changed after stepping through that unconspicuous door in New Orleans Square. That by no means infers that you won't be impressed or have a good time, just don't go in with the expectations of a life-changing event only to be disappointed after you re-enter the "peanuts-and-beer" Disney world. It'll make the trip much more enjoyable
                      Last edited by dlfreak; 05-01-2005, 09:42 AM.
                      Joey AKA "dlfreak"
                      www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
                      If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
                      Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Comment

I went there about 4 weeks ago, the food is incredible!!!
                        Space Mountain Count: 165

Comment

YOU? I bet you went with a bunch of weird Disney nerds
                          Joey AKA "dlfreak"
                          www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
                          If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
                          Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Comment

Last edited by SilentBob66; 05-02-2005, 10:45 PM.
                            My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X