Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Space Mountain preview?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Space Mountain preview?

    Al mentioned that Space Mountain may be open on May 4th for a sneak peek... How cool! What are the chances of this happening??

  • #2
    Close to none.

    Comment


    • #3
      if it were that close to completion they'd work triple-time to have it done by the 5th

      Comment


      • #4
        ya but if that happened, what would disneyland get on its birthday? Happy birthday Disneyland, be sure to enjoy your gifts from may 5th because all your getting today is some cupcakes and some birthday hats.
        (insert funny comment here)

        Comment


        • #5
          Curious. I've read on other theads how folks have had encounters with CM Matt, and he told them that he had just ridden on it. If it's not close to completion, why are they putting the PRESIDENT OF THE RESORT on the ride?

          Comment


          • #6
            I wouldn't be surprised if they used all those A-list celebrities as a great way to publicize the opening of the ride. This is just a guess, mind you, but just think of all the great publicity photos........
            Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!



            Do you MiceChat?
            Help support the site you love:
            -Visit the MiceChat store
            Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

            DMCA for life, yo.
            MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by zach1
              Curious. I've read on other theads how folks have had encounters with CM Matt, and he told them that he had just ridden on it. If it's not close to completion, why are they putting the PRESIDENT OF THE RESORT on the ride?

              Having the ride vehicle working and safe is quite a bit different than having the ride vehicles work and safe along with having all the effects up for the attraction. Finishing the details of any project properly is usually one of the most difficult and most intensive parts.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Gwyren
                Having the ride vehicle working and safe is quite a bit different than having the ride vehicles work and safe along with having all the effects up for the attraction. Finishing the details of any project properly is usually one of the most difficult and most intensive parts.
                I agree, because my friend and I were the ones that met Matt O. when he told us about Space Mountain. He said that he had ridden the ride already, but he didnt say that all of the effects were working. If the ride is operational already, I would assume that the left over time would be used for effects, music, and theming.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Well mabey those of us (like me) that are going a week after the 5th (9th-13th for me) can hope for a soft opening? would be cool if they did with space mountian what they did with BLAB


                  <<---Hoping beyond hope, blindly I might add!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Open it! Open it! Open it! They can always add more things in a mini-rehab. If they want to get the bulk of the 50th crowds, they need to open it, as soon as it's safe.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by dramaqueen
                      I wouldn't be surprised if they used all those A-list celebrities as a great way to publicize the opening of the ride. This is just a guess, mind you, but just think of all the great publicity photos........
                      There have been hushed discussions about this very possibility among the ranks at TDA dq...but only time will tell if they make good on it
                      -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
                      -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

                      -"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
                      --DCA: World Of Color

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Don't they need DOSH inspection and approval before the general public can be allowed to ride?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Since the track itself has been completed for some time now according to the gossip, they may already have it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I would imagine that synching the music to the ride is a time-consuming project. Perhaps this and some of the special effects are holding them up. But, I do think it is wise for them to wait until everything is working before they open to the public. We are a vicious community. If things are just perfect, we will turn on them like the pack of wolves that we are.

                            -Dusty
                            MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

                            Find us on Facebook: .

                            How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                            Save

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Dustysage
                              I would imagine that synching the music to the ride is a time-consuming project. Perhaps this and some of the special effects are holding them up. But, I do think it is wise for them to wait until everything is working before they open to the public. We are a vicious community. If things are just perfect, we will turn on them like the pack of wolves that we are.

                              -Dusty
                              Exactly...and they can't afford for this to be even "okay" or "good". It has to be amazing as it is pretty much the centerpiece for the 50th celebration. Wait 'til it's done to open it. We should be happy w/ July 15th instead of November...
                              -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
                              I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by pyrateslife4me84
                                Exactly...and they can't afford for this to be even "okay" or "good". It has to be amazing as it is pretty much the centerpiece for the 50th celebration. Wait 'til it's done to open it. We should be happy w/ July 15th instead of November...
                                Quite right. Remember our infuriation when it closed for no reason? Or when they set the vague opening date of November 2005 for its rerelease? Also, remember our atavistic joy and ecstacy when the release date was moved closer and closer, and eventually cemented on June 15, 2005? I think I will enjoy the ride on its real day. Plus, I need something to look forward to on the anniversary. :monkey:
                                Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by DLRDCA_Jerry
                                  Well mabey those of us (like me) that are going a week after the 5th (9th-13th for me) can hope for a soft opening? would be cool if they did with space mountian what they did with BLAB


                                  <<---Hoping beyond hope, blindly I might add!
                                  Man, do I hope you are right...
                                  I am taking my family for 4 days starting Sunday.....boy would this make my millenium

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by Skippy
                                    Don't they need DOSH inspection and approval before the general public can be allowed to ride?
                                    You know, I've been thinking about this. Do they really need to inspect? They do not do inspections on maintenance projects do they? Sure, the que and effects are fresh, but it is my understanding that the track is the exact same lay-out. So wouldn't this simply be a glorified maintenance project to the inspectors? After all, this is not a new ride.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by Mr Snappy
                                      You know, I've been thinking about this. Do they really need to inspect? They do not do inspections on maintenance projects do they? Sure, the que and effects are fresh, but it is my understanding that the track is the exact same lay-out. So wouldn't this simply be a glorified maintenance project to the inspectors? After all, this is not a new ride.
                                      Given what they have had to deal with on Big Thunder Mountain, YES, they need to inspect. And reinspect. For months. And then inspect it every morning before they let guests on. This actually is, for all intents and purposes, a brand new ride. While the track layout is identical, the track itself and supports are all brand new, so this is technically a brand new roller coaster. It would be like saying they didn't need to inspect RnRC in Paris b/c they had already built one in Florida and it worked.
                                      -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
                                      I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        I would agree with Dusty & friends on this one. I would rather ride a perfect ride that has all the out of whack like music synch and effects fixed, then just to ride it for its own sake. Be patient people. May 5th is coming faster than I expected, and July 15th should be even faster.
                                        Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!


                                        -- robotarmada.net --

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X