This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Recipes

In speaking to some of my friends the other day about the end of Disney Magazine, we all said one of the things we would miss most were the recipes from Disney parks. I know I for one have requested a few recipes from City Hall before and I figured that some of you out there have as well! So why not start a Disney recipe thread?! Do any of you have any favorites to share? Or really any at all? There have been so many threads about which Disney foods are your favorite, but none as far as I've seen (I apologise if I am wrong) that give instructions for them!

I have to say that the best thing I have eaten in the park was the Pork Loin at Blue Bayou .... soooo yummy! and the calimari was delicious too!
    Originally posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

So do they still offer this service? Ive been looking for the recipe to the fries at the Jazz Kitchen forever! In fact, Im looking for any good french fry recipes. I need somethign to go with my burgers!
      Free Ipods!
      Free X-Box 360!

Comment

Things I like

I like that chicken fusilli (sp?) at RRPP. I make something sorta like it. I mix pesto and alfredo sauce with pasta and shredded chicken. Taste pretty close.

I also remember a drink called a "Jungle Julep" at the old "Sunkist I presume". It was a mix of OJ and some type of tropical fruit juice. It was so good. I mix fresh fruit juices trying to find that long ago flavor. Speaking of Sunkist, as a kid in the early 80's, one of my favorite things to do to start my day out at Disneyland was to stop at the Sunkist Citrus House and get a glazed donut and fresh OJ. It was very good and it was fun watching them squeeze the juice (easily entertained 11 year old).

Justin

Comment

Originally posted by SanSooJustin
          I like that chicken fusilli (sp?) at RRPP. I make something sorta like it. I mix pesto and alfredo sauce with pasta and shredded chicken. Taste pretty close.

I also remember a drink called a "Jungle Julep" at the old "Sunkist I presume". It was a mix of OJ and some type of tropical fruit juice. It was so good. I mix fresh fruit juices trying to find that long ago flavor. Speaking of Sunkist, as a kid in the early 80's, one of my favorite things to do to start my day out at Disneyland was to stop at the Sunkist Citrus House and get a glazed donut and fresh OJ. It was very good and it was fun watching them squeeze the juice (easily entertained 11 year old).

Justin

Comment

I'd like the recipe for the banana stuffed toast you can get at Storyteller's at GCH and at the Polynesian Resort in WDW...they are to die for!

Comment

I have 2 cookbooks from Disneyworld I believe. If you guys want stuff let me know and I would be happy to post the recipe. There are drinks, appetizers, main course and desserts. Bring em on I am really bored right now lol.
              sigpic
              Elsa's and Anna's
              Disneyland Dec 2014

Comment

Well, my favorite food at DL is the chilly..... yum
                I don't have a recipe for it though.. if anyone does please tell me.

Comment

Walt Disney's own chili and beans
                  2 lbs dry pink pinto beans
                  2 onions, sliced
                  1/2 cup vegetable oil
                  2 cloves garlic, diced
                  1 cup chopped celery
                  2 lbs coarsly ground lean beef
                  1 tsp chili powder
                  1 tsp paprika
                  1 tsp dried thyme leaves
                  1 can (28 oz) solid-pack tomatoes
                  Salt to taste
                  Wash and sort beans and soak overnight in cold water. Next morning, drain, add water to cover 2inches over beans. Add sliced onions and simmer, covered, until tender, about 2 hours.
                  Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepot and lightly brown garlic, celery and beef, stirring. Add chili powder, paprika, and thyme. Break up tomatoes with a spoon and mix with meat mixture. Cover and simmer for 1 hour. When beans are tender combine with meat, stirring gently. Taste and add salt as needed. Simmer 30 mins longer.

I dunno if thats the one you like but hey, it says it was Walts own personal recipe, so I think all that work would be worth trying! Happy chili. Gimme some more lol!
                  Last edited by disneyfreeek; 04-30-2005, 08:57 PM. Reason: Ooops
                  sigpic
                  Elsa's and Anna's
                  Disneyland Dec 2014

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfreeek
                    Walt Disney's own chili and beans
                    2 lbs dry pink pinto beans
                    2 onions, sliced
                    1/2 cup vegetable oil
                    2 cloves garlic, diced
                    1 cup chopped celery
                    2 lbs coarsly ground lean beef
                    1 tsp chili powder
                    1 tsp paprika
                    1 tsp dried thyme leaves
                    1 can (28 oz) solid-pack tomatoes
                    Salt to taste
                    Wash and sort beans and soak overnight in cold water. Next morning, drain, water to cover 2inches over beans. Add sliced onions and simmer, covered, until tender, about 2 hours.
                    Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepot and lightly brown garlic, celery and beef, stirring. chili powder, paprika, and thyme. Break up tomatoes with a spoon and mix with meat mixture. Cover and simmer for 1 hour. When beans are tender combine with meat, stirring gently. Taste and add salt as needed. Simmer 30 mins longer.

I dunno if thats the one you like but hey, it says it was Walts own personal recipe, so I think all that work would be worth trying! Happy chili. Gimme some more lol!
                    YAY! Thank you sooo much df!!
                    I am going to print it and make it soon....

Comment

This one sounds yumm
                      Breast of chicken citron from club 33
                      4 large chicken breasts, boneless, about 8 oz pieces
                      1/4 C flour
                      1/8 tsp salt
                      1/8 tsp pepper
                      1/2 C butter
                      1 TBSP sherry
                      1 TBSP white wine
                      3 TBSP orange juice
                      1 tsp grated orange rind
                      2 tsp lemon juice
                      1 C half and half
                      12 lemon slices, very thin
                      grated parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400. Combine fkour, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Dust chicken with seasoned flour and place in a buttered casserole dish in a single layer. Dot chicken with butter and place in oven for 25 mins. Reduce temp to 325

Combine sherry, white wine, orange juice, orange rind and lemon juice and pour over chicken and cook for an additional 25 mins, covered. Remove casserole from oven and pour half and half around the chicken. Let the dish cool slightly with the half and half.

On a broiler-proof oven pan, arrange thinly sliced lemon slices and sprinkle with parm cheese. Broil until lightly browned.

Remove chicken from casserole and arrange on a platter. Stir sauce with a fork and pour over chicken. Garnish with the lemons.
                      sigpic
                      Elsa's and Anna's
                      Disneyland Dec 2014

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyMania!
                        YAY! Thank you sooo much df!!
                        I am going to print it and make it soon....
                        Hey don't forget tho, those typos that i made while typing without looking, the should be adds HAHA!!
                        sigpic
                        Elsa's and Anna's
                        Disneyland Dec 2014

Comment

Hey don't forget tho, those typos that i made while typing without looking, the should be adds HAHA!!
                          lol. I thought that was weird at first but then I figured they should be add. haha.... :lol:

Comment

Do your cookbooks have the recipe for Mint Juleps? Those are my fav!

Comment

Mint Julep syrup

1 C sugar
                              3 C soda water
                              2 tsp lime juice concentrate
                              1 can (6oz) frozen lemonade concentrate, defrosted
                              6 TBSP green creme de menthe or creme de menthe topping

Combine sugar and soda water in a saucepan and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add lime and lemonade concentrate. Bring to a full boil. Remove from heat and add creme de menthe or CDM topping. Chill.

To serve, combine 3 parts syrup with 5 parts chilled water and ice.
                              sigpic
                              Elsa's and Anna's
                              Disneyland Dec 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Wotan
                                I'd like the recipe for the banana stuffed toast you can get at Storyteller's at GCH and at the Polynesian Resort in WDW...they are to die for!
                                Do you mean Tonga Toast? ...

Tonga Toast

1 cup sugar
                                2 tablespoons cinnamon
                                1 loaf of sourdough bread (8 inches long)
                                2 bananas, peeled
                                1 quart canola oil, for frying

Mix the sugar and cinnamon with a fork until thoroughly blended, and set aside. Slice the bread into four two-inch thick slices. Cut each banana in half crosswise. Place a bread slice flat on the counter and tear out just enough from the middle (do not tear all the way through) to stuff half a banana into; repeat with each bread slice.
                                In a large pot or a deep fryer, heat the oil to 350 degrees; use a candy thermometer to make certain the oil does not get any hotter, or it will burn. Gently place one bread slice into the oil for 1 minute or until light brown. Turn and fry for another minute on the other side. Remove bread from the pot and toss it in the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Repeat for each piece. Serves 4.

Comment

This one sounds yumm
                                  Breast of chicken citron from club 33
                                  4 large chicken breasts, boneless, about 8 oz pieces
                                  1/4 C flour
                                  1/8 tsp salt
                                  1/8 tsp pepper
                                  1/2 C butter
                                  1 TBSP sherry
                                  1 TBSP white wine
                                  3 TBSP orange juice
                                  1 tsp grated orange rind
                                  2 tsp lemon juice
                                  1 C half and half
                                  12 lemon slices, very thin
                                  grated parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400. Combine fkour, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Dust chicken with seasoned flour and place in a buttered casserole dish in a single layer. Dot chicken with butter and place in oven for 25 mins. Reduce temp to 325

Combine sherry, white wine, orange juice, orange rind and lemon juice and pour over chicken and cook for an additional 25 mins, covered. Remove casserole from oven and pour half and half around the chicken. Let the dish cool slightly with the half and half.

On a broiler-proof oven pan, arrange thinly sliced lemon slices and sprinkle with parm cheese. Broil until lightly browned.

Remove chicken from casserole and arrange on a platter. Stir sauce with a fork and pour over chicken. Garnish with the lemons.
                                  Just so everyone knows, it's DELISH!

Comment

anybody have the recipie for the Blue Bayou's Monte Cristo?

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Monte Cristo

Omg this is a long one. Recipe comes from Town Square Cafe at WDW.

Monte cristo sandwhich is served with a fruit compote, and currant jelly sauce. Fist prepare these two, then make the batter. While it is chilling, out together the sandwhiches. When the sandwhices are fried, the complete service is ready.

CURRANT SAUCE
                                      2/3 C currant jelly
                                      1 TBSP water
                                      1 TSBP half and half

Combine jelly, water and half and half in blender and mix until smooth. Makes about 3/4 CUP.
                                      ----------------------------------------------
                                      FRUIT COMPOTE
                                      Combine your favorite fresh and canned fruits and chill well. Plan 1/2 cup per person.
                                      -----------------------------------------------
                                      BATTER
                                      2/3 C water
                                      1 small egg
                                      1/2 tsp salt
                                      1/8 tsp white pepper
                                      1/8 tsp yellow food coloring
                                      2/3 C all-purpose flour
                                      1-3/4 tsp baking powder

Place water, egg, salt, pepper and food color in a bowl and using an electric mixer, mix well on low speed. Add flour and baking powder and mix until batter is smooth. Chill. Makes enough for 4 sandwhiches.
                                      -----------------------------------------------------
                                      SANDWHICHES

8 slices white bread
                                      4 slices (1 oz each) turkey roll
                                      4 slices (1 oz each) swiss cheese
                                      4 slices (1 oz each) Pullman ham, though I bet anyhammeldo!

Make 4 sanwhiches, putting cheese between ham and turkey. Cut into 4ths and put a toothpick into each quarter.
                                      --------------------------------------------------
                                      FINAL PREP

Soybean or veggie oil for frying
                                      Confectioners sugar
                                      Fruit compote
                                      currant jelly sauce

Heat about 6 inches of oil to 340 degrees. Deep fry sandwhiches until golden brown, turning as needed. Remove from oil, take out toothpicks, sprinkle sanwhiches with confectioners sugar. Serve with fruit compote and jelly sauce.

Wow, now the carpul tunnel has really kicked in, Enjoy ya'll.
                                      sigpic
                                      Elsa's and Anna's
                                      Disneyland Dec 2014

Comment

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X