X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three weeks ago!

Comment

I got mine back in 2000 as a birthday present from my mother. I felt like Charlie with the "Golden Ticket", as it had always been my dream as a child to live in SoCal and go to Disneyland whenever I want. I moved here in '99, and had the other part of that dream fulfilled the following year. I wouldn't trade my AP for the world.
      [email protected]

Comment

April 2003. I took my boys for a Easter trip to DL, we got there the day SM closed and I budgeted my butt off to be able to upgrade on our last day I saved their AP's and put them in their baby books :o

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I got my first AP in April of last year! It was the first time I'd ever been to DCA in my life! I adored it to say the least, it's Disney for cryin' out loud!!! Now I'm hooked for life, along with two other Disney freaks who I regularly go with! You know who are.......J loves P, & C too!!!
          All Hail Space Mountain!!! :bow:

Comment

August 31, 2003- we upgraded after a three day trip, so it was super cheap- We went deluxe because we lived in Arizona at the time. We were only able to use them 3 or 4 times before we moved to South Dakota and had to let them lapse I was a CM before that and never needed one
            Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
            Help support the site you love:
            -Visit the MiceChat store
            Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
            MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Oh boy. I begged and pleaded for that until I finally received one, plus a visit to Disneyland, on my 12th birthday. It was pink and laminated with a real photograph of me on it! It now sits happily in my scrapbook!

Comment

I don't remember the exact date but it was 1997 right after our Son turned 1. Had one ever since.

Looking forward to getting WDW AP's at some point.

Comment

My parents bought me my first in 1996. And quick question: Did Disneyland use to sell lifetime passes a while back?
                  "Just remember the month of May followed by a nerd."

Comment

Another Golden Anniversary...

I bought my first AP in 1987, during Snow White's Golden Anniversary! The entire Park was decked out to celebrate the *fairest of them all.* Disney had a special SW parade and a live stage show too.

But unlike today's stage show version, this one was quite unique. It was called, *Singin' Dancin' Hi Ho* and boy did it have a totally different appeal. Most of the songs were jazzed up and made to be dance numbers, so it had a new twist on the musical numbers. It was definitely more of a dancing and singing show. The only *normal* part of that show was Snow White herself.

And remember, we're talkin' 1987 here...so just think of *muscle pants* and sweat shirts (all different colors) with apples patches all over them. Plus colorful leg warmers for all the performers to wear and *taps* on the bottom of each hi-top Rebok tennis shoe they wore. Stop laughing, it's true! :lol:

Despite the look of the show, it was still really good. But then again, I love Disney shows that have lots of singing & dancing to it!! But I've had my AP ever since then, except from '96 thru '99, when I worked at Disneyland. And no matter what the cost would be, I'd still save and get one every year!
                    DISNEYLAND IS YOUR LAND

Comment

First pass in 1994 and I think it was $79 (I could be mistaken) with no blackout dates. There were four in my family but my youngest was only two at the time so I only had to buy three so it only cost me $240 for my whole family. The parking lot was where California Adventures is now and I would always gage how crowded it was by how packed the parking lot was. We had so much fun with it. Then the next year we decided to get annual passes for Knotts which was okay but just not the same. I found myself longing to be back in Disneyland so when those expired, we went back to Disneyland and have been renewing them since.

Now I have a family of five and it is getting more and more expensive to keep these passes up. We've downgraded to the SoCal passes which still cost me $843 this last go around.

Comment

i got mine december 22nd 2002 . . . the premium one . . . and ive had one ever since!!

Comment

I think my first AP was in 1992. (I know it was before the start of the Lion King Parade in 1994.) It was great to park in the "Preferred Parking" section, just a bit behind the Club 33 parking. Those were the good old days, when you could still get a steak dinner at the Carnation Ice Cream Parlor & Restaurant for about $10, and watch the Main Street Electrical Parade pass by as you finished your meal.

Comment

I got my first annual pass in 1998

Orlando doing good
                            http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9a0_1212091354&p=1

www.Myspace.com/butterflytat20
                            Princess of Randomness

Comment

I got the SoCal Select on April 9, then went back the following weekend and upgraded to regular SoCal. I returned this saturday and upgraded to premium (I love tax returns), and then last night, my fiance and I thought, heck, let's go spend a few hours in the park. I've had the utter priviledge to go 4 times in the last month! We feel like spoiled children, only we are extremely gratiful for these passes.

Comment

We bought our first APs three years ago. We had planned a visit to the park around Christmas and I decided they would be a nice present for us both. It's become an annual tradition now. Love 'em!
                                "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                                -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Originally posted by SanSooJustin
                                  When did you get your first annual pass? I remember I bought mine when I was in Jr High school, sometime around 1982. I remember it cost $50, and had no black out dates. Parking was not an option (since it only cost .50 or $1. I couldn't drive so it didn't matter). My grandparents went to church at Melodyland across the street and I would walk over to Disneyland for a couple hours while they praised the Lord (I was a devil child. No Jesus for me). Wow, I am getting old.....

Justin
                                  I got my first annual pass when I moved down to S. Calif in Mar '92. I've had one ever since..I have to..I get the shakes (withdrawls) if I haven't been to the park in awhile !!
                                  Mark

Contribute to my Johari or start your own!!
                                  http://kevan.org/johari?view=MarkS01

Comment

I got my AP in March of this year. I took my wife to get hers Sunday (she wasn ot very "keen" on the idea) and took her for a fun day.. I nearly had to DRAG her to the park to get her an AP... I have now created a MONSTER! She wants to go next week because "We will be in town". One look at the Pooh store and she was HOOKED!

Comment

I started my AP addiction in the early 80's. I still have some of them. They were pink, but it was ok because the park was open till 2am on Sundays and had great live bands in Videopolis.

Comment

I'm buying mine in May! I can't wait. I don't know whether to get a deluxe or not...
                                        Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

Dec. 3rd 1987.......My Son's fifth birthday. He thought that he was going to school that day but I had it planned to play hooky. You can imagine his face as we pulled into the Dland parking lot.......

Had 'em 'til he turned 13 and got too cool to hang with Dad....

...Started a tradition....for the next eight years, we'd always play hooky at the park on his birthday.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X