• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    eyes_of_mara
    OM NOM NOM

• eyes_of_mara
    replied
    My first was when I was three, during the 35th anniversary. My whole family had them, and it we went almost every day in the summer to see if we could win the new car they always gave away. Of course, we failed, but we still have the tickets they gave you for the contest! And they have all sorts of characters on them, from Mickey to the Gummi Bears.

Leave a comment:

• fastpassmountain

• fastpassmountain
    replied
    My first annual pass was in 1990 for DL's 35th Anniversary Celebration. I've had passes off and on since then, and currently hold the SoCal one. This year I truly feel the resort has outdone themselves in bringing out the nostolgia. They did a wonderful job in 1990, and the 40th was nice, but this seems like it's going to be an amazing 18 months. I can't wait to see the fireworks.

BTW, I'm brand new here on micechat, but I post on LP and other boards from time to time. hi!

Leave a comment:

• Zorro825
    Rides against injustice

• Zorro825
    replied
    I got my first AP (Premium) Christmas 2002. I bought them as a gift for my fiancee. Have had one ever since, but may not renew next year if the price keeps going up!

Leave a comment:

• wolfy
    Still wants to be a cat!

• wolfy
    replied
    April 29, 2003. Thought it would be a good idea to spend time with my daughter during the summer. Went about 10 times that year. Now we go every couple of days. Couldn't live without it!

Leave a comment:

• PinkiePieFan
    Element of Laughter

• PinkiePieFan
    replied
    February 1984. After it expired, I didn't renew until June 1985 (they made you turn in your old pass when you renewed back then), and when that one expired, I didn't get another pass (the short-lived 3 season pass) in January of 1987, and when that one expired, I didn't have an annual pass until March 1995, which I renewed every year until 2000, when I moved to Stockton, and purchased one in September 2002, and when that expired, I renewed in March 2004, and have had one ever since.

Leave a comment:

• no1here
    Gift Giver Extraordinare

• no1here
    replied
    1984 at age 8 and every year since then. I have grown up at the place, literally.

Leave a comment:

• bigE

• bigE
    replied
    My wife and I went to WDW for our Honeymoon in 2000.

For our first anniversary, we went to Disneyland (and to see DCA). We saw the price difference from a 3 day hopper to Annual Passes, and it was an easy decision, especially since we are so close. We upgraded to Premium Passes the next year, since we used them so much.

Leave a comment:

• mamabot
    Rally Vixen

• mamabot
    replied
    My first pass was a Premium in 2002. It was a gift from my husband. This is the third year we have had passes. I cannot imagine life without them.

Leave a comment:

• Geezer

• Geezer
    replied
    Dec. 3rd 1987.......My Son's fifth birthday. He thought that he was going to school that day but I had it planned to play hooky. You can imagine his face as we pulled into the Dland parking lot.......

Had 'em 'til he turned 13 and got too cool to hang with Dad....

...Started a tradition....for the next eight years, we'd always play hooky at the park on his birthday.

Leave a comment:

• robotpirates
    Rainicorn.

• robotpirates
    replied
    I'm buying mine in May! I can't wait. I don't know whether to get a deluxe or not...

Leave a comment:

• Lore
    Animatronic

• Lore
    replied
    I started my AP addiction in the early 80's. I still have some of them. They were pink, but it was ok because the park was open till 2am on Sundays and had great live bands in Videopolis.

Leave a comment:

• gibbage
    replied
    I got my AP in March of this year. I took my wife to get hers Sunday (she wasn ot very "keen" on the idea) and took her for a fun day.. I nearly had to DRAG her to the park to get her an AP... I have now created a MONSTER! She wants to go next week because "We will be in town". One look at the Pooh store and she was HOOKED!

Leave a comment:

• DsnyFvr
    My laughing place

• DsnyFvr
    replied
    Originally posted by SanSooJustin
    When did you get your first annual pass? I remember I bought mine when I was in Jr High school, sometime around 1982. I remember it cost $50, and had no black out dates. Parking was not an option (since it only cost .50 or $1. I couldn't drive so it didn't matter). My grandparents went to church at Melodyland across the street and I would walk over to Disneyland for a couple hours while they praised the Lord (I was a devil child. No Jesus for me). Wow, I am getting old.....

Justin
    I got my first annual pass when I moved down to S. Calif in Mar '92. I've had one ever since..I have to..I get the shakes (withdrawls) if I haven't been to the park in awhile !!

Leave a comment:

• Tom Chaney
    Godwin Glacier, Alaska

• Tom Chaney
    replied
    We bought our first APs three years ago. We had planned a visit to the park around Christmas and I decided they would be a nice present for us both. It's become an annual tradition now. Love 'em!

Leave a comment:

• zach1
    Where's my other cent?

• zach1
    replied
    I got the SoCal Select on April 9, then went back the following weekend and upgraded to regular SoCal. I returned this saturday and upgraded to premium (I love tax returns), and then last night, my fiance and I thought, heck, let's go spend a few hours in the park. I've had the utter priviledge to go 4 times in the last month! We feel like spoiled children, only we are extremely gratiful for these passes.

Leave a comment:

• ksejr1
    pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

• ksejr1
    replied
    I got my first annual pass in 1998

Leave a comment:

• Moving Sidewalk
    Lost in Wonderland

• Moving Sidewalk
    replied
    I think my first AP was in 1992. (I know it was before the start of the Lion King Parade in 1994.) It was great to park in the "Preferred Parking" section, just a bit behind the Club 33 parking. Those were the good old days, when you could still get a steak dinner at the Carnation Ice Cream Parlor & Restaurant for about $10, and watch the Main Street Electrical Parade pass by as you finished your meal.

Leave a comment:

• ~*~Aniko~*~
    MiceChatter

• ~*~Aniko~*~
    replied
    i got mine december 22nd 2002 . . . the premium one . . . and ive had one ever since!!

Leave a comment:

• Todd

• Todd
    replied
    First pass in 1994 and I think it was $79 (I could be mistaken) with no blackout dates. There were four in my family but my youngest was only two at the time so I only had to buy three so it only cost me $240 for my whole family. The parking lot was where California Adventures is now and I would always gage how crowded it was by how packed the parking lot was. We had so much fun with it. Then the next year we decided to get annual passes for Knotts which was okay but just not the same. I found myself longing to be back in Disneyland so when those expired, we went back to Disneyland and have been renewing them since.

Now I have a family of five and it is getting more and more expensive to keep these passes up. We've downgraded to the SoCal passes which still cost me $843 this last go around.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyFunGuy
    replied
    Another Golden Anniversary...

I bought my first AP in 1987, during Snow White's Golden Anniversary! The entire Park was decked out to celebrate the *fairest of them all.* Disney had a special SW parade and a live stage show too.

But unlike today's stage show version, this one was quite unique. It was called, *Singin' Dancin' Hi Ho* and boy did it have a totally different appeal. Most of the songs were jazzed up and made to be dance numbers, so it had a new twist on the musical numbers. It was definitely more of a dancing and singing show. The only *normal* part of that show was Snow White herself.

And remember, we're talkin' 1987 here...so just think of *muscle pants* and sweat shirts (all different colors) with apples patches all over them. Plus colorful leg warmers for all the performers to wear and *taps* on the bottom of each hi-top Rebok tennis shoe they wore. Stop laughing, it's true! :lol:

Despite the look of the show, it was still really good. But then again, I love Disney shows that have lots of singing & dancing to it!! But I've had my AP ever since then, except from '96 thru '99, when I worked at Disneyland. And no matter what the cost would be, I'd still save and get one every year!

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X