This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinner at Club 33

My husband and I went to dinner at Club 33 this weekend. We were running very late because one of our dogs had an emergency trip to the vet the afternoon of our reservation. He is going to be fine but we got on the road right at the wrong time traffic-wise and it was frantic. We arrived at Disneyland with just enough time to go to Guest Relations to confirm our reservations and collect our Park Hoppers. We then ran to the ticket purchasing line and gave our Park Hoppers to two young ladies who were about to purchase tickets. We then dashed to the Main Street Station and caught the 5:30 to New Orleans Square. Exiting the NOS Station we now had enought time to simply walk to Club 33. We were admitted to the lobby and chatted with the receptionist. She was new since our last visit and was just too sweet. We ascended in the tiny, ornate elevator and arrived at the dining room. We were seated at a fantastic little table for two in the larger of the two dining rooms. We were next to the french windows with a great view of the passing ships on the Rivers of America. My husband started his meal with a bloody mary (the bloody marys at the Napa Rose as made by bartender Judith are his favorite but he likes these too). I started with my special concoction of lemonade with grenadine syrup,I call this a Tinkerbell. Then we ordered. The vintners menu for my husband and the gazpacho soup and the salmon for me. I have lots of dietary restrictions so they always make my salmon very plain and the side dishes dairy free, and as always it was perfect. The vintners menu is a five course meal with wines selected to match each course. The chef sent out little crab puffs to start. That was a nice treat. My husband started with a salad with a sweet dressing and pecans and peaches. The wine that accompanied this salad was from the Silverado Winery (owned by Diane Disney), was we were told by a waiter. (Although something he later said called his accuracy into question.) Next was a smoke fish course and then a boneless New York cut steak. Then cheese course and then dessert. The dessert was a strawberry champagne cheese cake. The meal was so nice and and the service was lovely. We had a very good time. Here is what the waiter said--When they served the cast and VIPs of the PotC movie they were two hours late in starting because--a here is the fuzzy part--Johnny Depp spent 30 minutes privately and personally with each of the 30 Make A Wish Foundation children that were there. Hmmm, that would have been fifteen hours!! Oh well, the waiter meant well!! We descended the stairs and out into the street where we walked to the Train Station and road around to Main Street. And home to cuddle the dogs!

Re: Dinner at Club 33

Glad your dog is okay - and that you had such a nice dinner! I've never been there, but the ambiance always sounds so nice.
    sigpic
    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Great story Retro! By the way, welcome! Thanks for your Club 33 review! Maybe the waiter meant the Depp spent 30 minutes total with the children? That would make more sense...and still be a very nice gesture on his part, right?

Glad also to hear your dogs are well also!

--Barry
      Last edited by Radiobarry; 09-02-2006, 01:47 PM.
      God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Someday I'll get there!!! SOMEDAAAAYYYY!!!!!!

Comment

Great review and thank you! Silverado Vineyards is owned by Diane Disney, and they have a large stained glass Lily at the vineyard, in honor of her mother Lillian, as well as a handpainted Italian cart that was given as a gift to Walt Disney. They also have great wines!

It's a beautiful winery to visit if you're ever in the Napa valley area. A special treat for Disney fans.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroMousie View Post
            We arrived at Disneyland with just enough time to go to Guest Relations to confirm our reservations and collect our Park Hoppers. We then ran to the ticket purchasing line and gave our Park Hoppers to two young ladies who were about to purchase tickets.
            Just in case you didn't know, that is a serious infraction of Club rules.

Comp Disneyland tickets issued as part of a Club 33 reservation are to be used in conjunction with and by the Club 33 Guests only, for admitting only themselves into the Parks. The Club and Disneyland consider them their property, and giving them away outside the scope of their intended use, as depriving them of revenue and a violation of their terms of issuance (something the folks issued them may not be aware of, but certainly the Members should be).

There have been many cases where Club 33 Guests have gotten nabbed by plainclothes Security for pawning off their comp tickets to folks in line waiting to purchase tickets, because they had Annual Passes or some other admission media to get in with. The Member that the reservation is associated with is the one who really gets into trouble when this happens, as by the Club rules...they are responsible for the actions of their Guests in this area.

I know it's not the first time nor the last that this sort of thing happens. But just stating the rules and conditions of this special privilege (which can be revoked) of Membership that the Club and Disneyland take very seriously...in case you weren't aware.

Also and related...the Club prefers that Members and Guests that have some form of existing admission media (such as Annual Passes or Cast I.D. or Silver Passes)...advise them at time of reservation, and use those admission media on the day of their visit and not pick-up any Club 33 comps at all (except for those actually needed). This is because the Club actually pays Disneyland for those "comp" tickets.

There is a similar policy for Cast Members and Silver Pass holders. Holders of those types of admission media that just pluck someone out of line and sign them in because they can...well...there's no quicker way to get fired and/or have that admission media revoked. For those folks...Disney considers that tantamount to stealing. I think they sorta look at the re-gifting of Club 33 tickets as much the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogberto View Post
              Great review and thank you! Silverado Vineyards is owned by Diane Disney, and they have a large stained glass Lily at the vineyard, in honor of her mother Lillian, as well as a handpainted Italian cart that was given as a gift to Walt Disney. They also have great wines!

It's a beautiful winery to visit if you're ever in the Napa valley area. A special treat for Disney fans.
              OMG, i never knew Diane Disney own Silverado, I work in a theatre in the Napa Valley and we give them free tickets all the time. I feel so dumb, I've possibly even talked to her on the phone before
              Is this haunted signature
              actually
              stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
              Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
              also known as...
              Dominatrix of Randomness

Comment

Well, now, I just feel foolish. And I thank Opus1Guy for setting me straight. We had always just refused the comped Park Hoppers (once Annual Passes came into effect) but other people on this site advocated giving the Park Hoppers away and I thought we had been selfish all these years. I guess we'll just go back to refusing them at Guest Relations.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the story of your trip. I will take any peek into Club 33 I can get!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X