This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do about Pooh

Well, we all need something to do while waiting for the 5th so here's a little poll about the Bear with Very Little Brain. Most folks on these boards seem to agree that something needs to be done about this subpar attraction so here is a short list of possible options. Of course, if you've got a better idea, by all means, let's hear it.
    I like it the way it is. Do nothing.
    12.16%
    Refurb it to reflect the quality of the TDL version.
    40.54%
    Get rid of it and bring back the Country Bears!
    20.27%
    Get rid of it and build a Bambi (or other) attraction in its place.
    9.46%
    Move it to Fantasyland and build something new in Critter Country.
    17.57%

The poll is expired.

Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

I miss the country bears, but they're not coming back.

Comment

Rock on, randomnimity_gs. Rock on.
      "Somebody need me too much; somebody know me too well. Somebody pull me up short, and put me through hell, and give me support for being alive. Make me alive. Make me alive! Make me confused; mock me with praise. Let me be used. Vary my days. But alone is alone, not alive. Somebody crowd me with love, somebody force me to care. Somebody let me come through, I'll always be there as frightened as you, to help us survive being alive."
      --"Being Alive"
      Company Stephen
      Sondheim

Comment

I miss the country bears too!! It was a great way to cool off during the day.
        I reaalllllyyy don't like the Pooh attraction, Disney can do so much better.

Comment

Bring back the Country Bears, I would love to see this return,the Pooh rideshould be moved Not REMOVED, but relocated to Fantasyland.

The Pooh ride is still a nice ride for kids, it is very colorful, active but seems out of place. The problem with putting it in Fantasyland is it doesn't go with the "European theme" of the buildings.

I always enjoyed the Country Bears, it was very active and I've seen it both for Christmas and the normal season. It belongs with the Splash and is very well themed before Pooh came along.
          1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

I wouldn't want Pooh to close without a replacement. Not sure what that replacement should be though.

Meanwhile, I think you could put a 100 Acre Woods meet and greet, and maybe even an improved version of the ride, where the Skyway station is, as a transition between Frontierland's nature theme, and Fantasyland.
            See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
            78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Comment

I was about to click the refurb it one, then I saw bring back CBJ, and it was like, screw your pooh! I miss the CBJ, they were a classing! BRING THEM BACK, there just sitting in storage anyways collecting dust!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
              ~

Comment

Originally posted by TicTocDragon
                The problem with putting it in Fantasyland is it doesn't go with the "European theme" of the buildings.
                Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not a Poohnatic, but isn't Christopher Robin English? Doesn't get more European than that.

Besides, the "European" theme was only added in the 80s, and only to part of Fantasyland. I mean, are Europeans the only ones allowed to have fantasies???

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by ModHatter
                  Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not a Poohnatic, but isn't Christopher Robin English? Doesn't get more European than that.

Besides, the "European" theme was only added in the 80s, and only to part of Fantasyland. I mean, are Europeans the only ones allowed to have fantasies???
                  Yes, Pooh is British originally, although given how much Disney has altered it its pretty much lost any trace of its origins. I agree that I think Pooh would be fine in FL,but I also think its okay in CC, to me it does fit with SM and the Hungry Bear. I never saw the Country Bears, so I don't really have an opinion on it, although as has been discussed in other threads it would fit in over by GRR at DCA.
                  I really like Pooh as a charecter, so I think it does deserve a ride, just not the lame one thats currently in DL. I'd be perfectly happy if they just re-did it like TDL version.

Comment

Banish that British Bumpkin! Bring Back Our Friendly ol' American Country Bears,
                    And bring life back to their American Cousins Max, Melvin, and Buff!

Statlor and Waldorf got their inspiration from Max, Melvin, and Buff!
                    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

They could have always refurbed the country bears like they did the Tiki room, and made a bigger bolder sign. Look how much more peopld come to the Tiki room now that the big sign is there.

I voted to move Pooh over to Fantasyland, it's a fun ride for kids, so many kids love it! They should put the Country Bears near grizzly river run and a new ride where pooh is.

Comment

i thought pooh was cute the first time i saw it, but that was just because i was seeing something i wasnt used to. The second time i went, i didnt really enjoy it at all. Since i already knew what to expect with the ride, i had more time to examine details and the quality of the actual ride. CBJ excited me every time and it never got old. It really was a classic, and it was fun for everyone. I think pooh is cute enough to have somewhere in the park since winnie the pooh is so popular and such a well known part of disneys history. But i agree. I want CBJ back.

-Lauryn

Comment

I really like the idea of putting the country bears in DCA... i think that they would fit better there than they do in Critter country... i actually like the pooh ride... i think that it is a very good kid ride... although moving it to where the skyway is isnt a bad move either...

my vote... move pooh to FL with the update... put CBJ in DCA... and put a new ride where pooh is now...

hee... i think that just about pleazes everyone...
                          -Miss Wendy Lynn

The second star to the right
                          Shines in the night for you
                          To tell you that the dreams you plan
                          Really can come true

Comment

One question though... does DCA really need yet another show?

I sort of thought it needs thinning, so even if it replaced, say, Golden Dreams, it's too many sit-there-and-watch-passively attractions.

Maybe some time years from now, but DCA needs to focus on other typoes of attractions for a long while.

-- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by ModHatter
                              One question though... does DCA really need yet another show?

I sort of thought it needs thinning, so even if it replaced, say, Golden Dreams, it's too many sit-there-and-watch-passively attractions.

Maybe some time years from now, but DCA needs to focus on other typoes of attractions for a long while.
                              good point

-Lauryn

Comment

I like Pooh in Critter Country. I think it could be much better, but it was fun when i went on it.
                                I also heavily agree with DCA having too many sit and watch things. I was just there, and that's all we did.
                                Country Bear Ride? Like the show, but with some ride elements thrown in? Ala Splash, but not a flume.

Comment

I love Pooh! But moving it to Fantasyland would be much more appropriate!
                                  Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                                  it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

I hate the country bears. I hope they never return (in any way) to the resort. I think pooh is just okay but that is a step up from the country bears imo.

Comment

I think Pooh is ok where it is at. It does need an overhaul. Bring in the honey jars and do it the TDL way. As for the CBJ, reconstruct the restaurant so the bears would have a stage to entertain the diners with. Leave enough stage room to allow live acts to give it a go when the bears go down for maintenance. Give the dining floor a woodsy feeling with a few trees here and there and throw up a night sky effect for good measure. Throw in a few beehives that rattle from time to time. Use lanterns for lighting. Construct a balcony with clever shading so guests could enjoy the river view if they wished. Throw in a woodsy feel on the left side of the RR tracks behind the restaurant by adding a lot of trees so the railroad passengers could catch the theme. Put in the upbeat version of the keel boat music loop for restaurant music between shows to get that back out there. Pipe the music along the railroad tracks by the restaurant. Put Rufus' Cave back in, either in the RR Splash tunnel, or to the right of the burnt cabin. Leave some instrumental props such as a wash pan bass etc. And bring back a few homemade Country bear arcade games .

Comment

If they had made it like the Tokyo Pooh, I think they'd have a serious crowd control problem in Critter Country... which would be a good thing. I've only seen video of that ride, but it's one of the most impressive Dark Rides I've experienced. A little more time and money spent of that (maybe alot, I've heard the Tokyo one was rather expensive) would have been a great ride for the 50th.

I'd be all for bringing the bears back, but I don't think it's the best option, and moving Pooh to Fantasyland would probably mean saying goodbye to something else... and at WDW it was Mr. Toad! That would be unforgivable.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X