This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had to give two CMs some props!

My GF and I went to DL on Friday and I HAD to go to City Hall to compliment two cast members that made the Disney experience!

1st) Nancy @ the Blue Bayou. She is so nice that is almost seems phoney. Heck maybe it is, but it's not about that. She is the best waitress I've ever anywhere. Never have to wait on refills, checks on you frequently, if you ask for anything it's there in a poof. She's just great. We've had her in the past, and were gettings quite annoyed with the VERY poor service by our waiter (went about 5 mins before we ever saw him, my drink took another 5 mins, my GF's took 15 minutes and he seemed very grumpy). However, when I saw the great waitress walking by I decided to ask her name for future visits, shen then informed me that she was our waitress and that Grumpy was taking her tables as she took her dinner break. So releived, she saved our first trip back to the BB. Now one can say that the guy had his own selection in addition to taking over someone else's tables, but if I'm paying $10 for tiny crab cakes $20 for a sandwich... I at least expect a smile. Long live Nancy!

2) Star Tours is a great chance for a CM to nerd up and have some fun. It'd been a while since I saw a great nerd working ST, then there was Damien. This kid rawked! Professional AND friendly... a rare find nowadays. He also really got into character with the preflight speech. In a time where some CMs don't even bother with one, he was right in there with a gaggle of SW references! He was a nice breathe of life into an aging classic.
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

Re: Had to give two CMs some props!

Always nice to hear about good experiences with DL Cast Members!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

What is the CM's name at the Blue Bayou. I'll be there on Monday, i have to ask her to be our waitress and mesion you and MiceChat.

Comment

Nancy was Happy, Ringo was Grumpy.
        “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

Comment

Nice to hear about Star Tours!
          Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!! :yea:

Comment

OMG Nancy is AMAZING. She is the best server of ALL TIME.
            Member of the Disney Class of 2005
            Disneyland CM for 4 years.
            May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Whenever my family and I go to BB, we ALWAYS request Nancy!!:thumbup: She is wonderful. (And then we always go to City Hall and tell them how much she is appreciated). Glad you had a great time at both places.
              Originally posted by migo
              I poop with joy!
              Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Comment

All CMs are great! They have a tough job to do and I thank them for it!
                sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaStitch View Post
                  Whenever my family and I go to BB, we ALWAYS request Nancy!!:thumbup: She is wonderful. (And then we always go to City Hall and tell them how much she is appreciated). Glad you had a great time at both places.

I feel empowered for some reason to make sure this Nancy is properly recognised!

She sounds like she personifies the initial manifesto set up by Walt and his casting team that examplifies the perfect Cast Member. People like this should be rewarded, so that they are recognised correctly and so it encourages other CMs to act in a similar way.

I love how so many people have responded with their own experiences of Nancy to the OP. But the sad thing is - every Cast Member should be like this. So yes, at the same time we should be making sure those rare (and getting rarer) gems are recognised and named, but we shouldn't encourage their uniqueness. I don't mean to sound like a pompous thinks-he-knows-all-about-a-man-who-died-forty-years-ago nerd, but Walt demanded each CM met the standards performed by this Nancy.

But that rant is for another time.
                  Well done Nancy.
                  And the Star Wars nerdy CM. They always put a smile on my face too!
                  BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
                  October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
                  October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
                  April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                  October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
                  October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
                  October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
                  October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
                  December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
                  July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                  July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
                  July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
                  February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
                  February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
                  TRIP REPORTS

Comment

I always feel very fortunate if Nancy serves us at BB...
                    Permanecer sentado por favor...

Comment

Does Nancy work the opening lunch shift?
                      We are taking our daughter for lunch in October, and sounds like we should request Nancy to make the day extra special.
                      Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Comment

I'm guessing she does the lunch shift, we ate @ 2:30 and she had already taken her lunch...

Comment

Nancy is cool but the best blue bayou waiter ever was Alex (he left a year and a half to 2 years ago)
                          5 days a week

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas View Post
                            All CMs are great! They have a tough job to do and I thank them for it!
                            They are not all great. Some of them work there because it is a job not because it is a Magical Place. There is a CM on Mouse Planet (no names mentioned) that is constantly putting customers down on the forum. He needs a new job! Most CM's are great and need to be told so every once in a while!
                            Foolish Mortal
                            sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X