This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunted Mansion Ghosts

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but does anyone know how they create the hollogram ghosts in the ballroom? I've allways wondered that since i was little, thanks.
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

Re: Haunted Mansion Ghosts

It's the same general idea of seeing your reflection slightly in a window. What you're seeing are reflections of AA above and below you (hence the glass in front of you). Check out www.doombuggies.com
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

Comment

A little fun fact to know about the reflection is that the people who actually made the dancing AA's didn't know that it was going to be an actual reflection...hence why the women are leading in the dance

Comment

Peppers Ghost Effect- By shining light the aa's are reflected through a mirror.
        Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
        "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
        -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
        -August 2nd 2010

Comment

Doombuggies.com explains it pretty well, but here's my take on it. Basically, you're looking through a plate of glass on the scene, and the ghosts are all mirror-image reflections of animatronics. If you've noticed before that all the ghosts you see are either above or below your level of view of the room, and not straight ahead, it's because in order for the reflection effect to work, the animatronics must be directly above and below you (and the doombuggies!) and then the reflections dance and fire pistols and play organs and blow out candles in the room.
          http://doombuggies.com/secrets_ballroom.htm

Comment

Some more stuff:

http://www.grimghosts.com/secrets/MajorFX.html

I got to see the "ghosts" under the doom buggies once from the ground floor of the ballroom - my all-time favorite Disneyland experience...

Comment

Thanks for the explanations and links guys!
              FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

Comment

A little off-topic...

I've actually missed this scene the last few times we've gone to Disneyland because I've been busy looking to see the bullet hole in the glass. Can someone tell me EXACTLY where the bullet hole/spider web is located to I can get this task done?
                "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Check out this illustration.
                  Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Reeder View Post
                    Some more stuff:

http://www.grimghosts.com/secrets/MajorFX.html

I got to see the "ghosts" under the doom buggies once from the ground floor of the ballroom - my all-time favorite Disneyland experience...
                    How did you get to go down there? You lucky dog!!!!!!
                    Foolish Mortal
                    sigpic

Comment

Speaking of Pepper's ghost, I did a pepper's ghost effect of the organist scene form the ballroo with the skulls coming out of the organ. The organist has the Hat Box ghost face though. It's hard to tell but I have the same wallpaper as the real ride in the effect.

I want to do the whole ballroom scene next when I make my Haunted Mansion "Crawl-Through".

Comment

The effect Disney uses is one of the oldest in the book. .

Comment

I too got to walk around in the Ballroom when I was a CM. (My manager could pull a lot of strings and we got a walk-through of the ride.) We did our walk-through during the holidays when the HMH was inside. That ballroom smelled like gingerbread because of the doghouse. We weren't allowed to take pics, unfortunatly. The spiderweb is on the 3rd or 4th pane of glass...which ever one is in front of the large portrait in the dining hall. There is a bullet hole in the portrait as well.
                          Rebel Justin
                          Back & Reporting for Duty!

My CM Tenure: 1/11/03 - 5/30/06; 3/5/11-?
                          Tomorrowland Stores

Comment

Originally posted by Nautilus View Post
                            Speaking of Pepper's ghost, I did a pepper's ghost effect of the organist scene form the ballroo with the skulls coming out of the organ. The organist has the Hat Box ghost face though. It's hard to tell but I have the same wallpaper as the real ride in the effect.

I want to do the whole ballroom scene next when I make my Haunted Mansion "Crawl-Through".
                            Very cool. Just a little currious about your project. Are you building this in your house? What do you mean by crawl-through, Is it miniature?
                            FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

Comment

Originally posted by indyIluvu View Post
                              Very cool. Just a little currious about your project. Are you building this in your house? What do you mean by crawl-through, Is it miniature?
                              It's going to be very similar to My pirates of the Caribbean that I did under my train layout.
                              http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...177#post829177
                              Pass by a couple scenes on your hands and knees . Work on it won't start until February. (I want to keep Pirates up longer ).
                              --------------

Anyway back on topic, I never could understand the " Holograms" . Pepper's ghost is so much easier and effective.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X