This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coincidence or Omen?

When the castle was recently painted the spire which had been left unfinished, as a symbol that "Disneyland will never be finished"(Walt), was painted gold like all the other spires. That just happens to be the one spire that was damaged during the giant curtain debacle. Hmmm

Originally posted by 10-8atDisneyland
    ...the spire which had been left unfinished, as a symbol that "Disneyland will never be finished"...
    That's a myth, if I remember correctly. Anyone? :confused:
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind! :cwink:

Comment

Apparently, the story of the "never painted spire" was a complete urban legend brought about after it was left unpainted the last time the castle had a paint job. So I would say, ironic coincidence.

Comment

i totally say its an omen

when the castle god repainted i was shocked to see the one spire all gold when it originally was black and unpainted.

Comment

When we took the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour last year, our guide told us that it was left unpainted to represent that the Park would never be complete...

Why would the guide (of a genuine Disney tour) tell us an urban legend. Now if he started telling us about Walt's frozen head...

Comment

Well, it's painted now. And it obviously was once painted, because the castle used to be all grey, then they gave it the pink colors.

Comment

I think it was just an urban myth -- so thumbs down to the GR Tour Guide who used that in his tour.

Comment

Originally posted by DznyVan
                When we took the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour last year, our guide told us that it was left unpainted to represent that the Park would never be complete...
                After the spire was painted, someone posted on another board that they had taken the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour and the guide had told them that the "unpainted" story was a myth.

Comment

Urban legend. Disney has some fact checking on this, it is not true. The spire was left a different color so that it would 'stand out'. Not because they did not get around to finishing the paint job or that it was left unfinished to make a point. It was just painted a different color.
                  The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

Comment

So what purpose would it serve to not finish the spire so it would "stand out "?.....for what? It would make more sense for it to stand for something.

Comment

Originally posted by 10-8atDisneyland
                      So what purpose would it serve to not finish the spire so it would "stand out "?.....for what? It would make more sense for it to stand for something.

MrMainStreet is correct. WDI had a certain "look" in mind and they wanted that spire to stand out. It was not left unfinished, it was actually painted that way on purpose. Later, before the recent rehab, WDI admitted in The Line that the "stand out" spire never really worked in the way they had intended. So when the castle went into rehab, the stand-out look went away forever.
                      ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

Comment

and what EXACTLY is "the look"? Does it make sense? If it doesn't make sense it probably isn't true. Think about it.

Comment

....and in what way was the unfinished spire supposed to "work"?

Comment

**** Removed my post because I should just keep my big mouth shut ****
                            Last edited by fearsnda; 05-01-2005, 06:53 PM. Reason: More ranting.
                            ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

Comment

OK...not exactly sure what the saucers have to do with anything...but whatever. Just trying to establish what the ultimate purpose of not finishing a spire might be. Maybe someone could let us know.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X