Stories/Made Up Reasons for Leaving the Park?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Disneyland Daddy
    ...is fading out....
    • Jul 2006

Stories/Made Up Reasons for Leaving the Park?

I guess it was over 31 years ago that this happened...(wow). Anyway here it goes:

It was a hot summer day - probably in July. My Mom and Dad and my Uncle Bud and I were were at Disneyland. We repeatedly rode "Mission To Mars" because it was air conditioned. Now, there I was with Red Mickey Mouse Ear'd Balloon in hand and just so happy to be in Disneyland. I must've been 4 years old.

Well, did I manage to slip in that it was horribly hot? Well, I was just raring to go.....'what ride next'.....but after 3 rides on "Mission to Mars" my parents and my Uncle were wiped out. So in an effort NOT to upset me for having to leave mid-day, my parents told me that "Mission To Mars had blown up and caught fire and that Disneyland was on fire and they had to go home right away."

That just didn't make sense to me. No one else was leaving. Howcome no one else was aware of the horrible rocket's explosion and fire that was 'burning down Disneyland'???

I continued to question it as we walked out of Tomorrowland and down Main Street. I was very upset because I thought all of those people that weren't leaving were going to have some bad news ahead...yet, at the same time, "Disneyland? On fire? How could it be???"

Well we left.........and hindsight, my parents were partially right - it was so hot that it probably felt as thought THEY were on fire.

Anyway, that's a funny reason for having to leave Disneyland. Do any of you have funny 'reason's' or 'made up stories' told to you about having to to leave the park???
  • Disney Wrassler
    Get the Iodine!
    MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Jul 2005

Re: Stories/Made Up Reasons for Leaving the Park?

When we rode the Monorail around the park years ago, they told me all the other rides were closed.

Comment

• jimmay
      • Jul 2006

This reminds me of one of my favorite Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

"One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said. "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down, he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late."
      Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
      Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
      Disneyland Paris: 2010
      Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
      Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
      Efteling:2011
      Lotte World: 2012

Comment

• Mitten
        Where's Push?
        • Aug 2005

Leaving one night last week. Disneyland was opened till 9pm and I was walking down Main Street when I heard a kid ask his Mom if he could go on a ride. I hear her tell the kid that Disneyland is closed. This was at 7:30pm. I was thinking at the moment, I should go up and tell them, no Disneyland is open till 9pm today. It was obvious they told this 'lie' to the kid because they were tired and wanted to leave. Poor little guy wanted to ride just one more ride.
        Take Care,

Brenda

Comment

• BoygunaSurf
          Boat shoes all day long
          • Jan 2006

In order to get me to leave the park, knowing it was my favorite ride, this guy told me that Thunder Mountain would probably crash. Unlike the other story on this thread, just as it was foretold, the train de-railed that very day.
          From this point forward, when some one tells me something is going to go down and by remaining at the park I am far more prone to being affected in a negative way, I am outta' there.
          Ah, how strange! The molecules are so active now!

Comment

• wierdbutloveable
            madaboutdisney
            • Dec 2005

My parents once told me that Mickey Mouse was waiting to meet me at home. I don't think thats the smartest thing they could have told me. I was excited and jumped into the car for the 2 hour car ride, not knowing how disapointed i'd be!
            I Gravitate towards anything that Sparkles :clap:

Comment

• Jessicalover
              Married and happy again!!
              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
              When we rode the Monorail around the park years ago, they told me all the other rides were closed.
              How old where you at this point DW? Did you fall for it?

I don't know if I'd ever forgive (or let her live it down either) my mom if she ever pulled any of the mentioned ways to have gotten me out of the park. Guess I'm lucky I have a mom that loves the parks as much as I do and a father that since he hates Disney just doesn't bother to go so he doesn't ruin it for all of us that do. I could never do any of these to my kids either.
              Last edited by Jessicalover; 09-06-2006, 03:40 PM.
              Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!
              sigpic

Comment

• pouncingpluto
                New MiceChatter
                • Aug 2006

When I was a kid, my mom told me Busch Gardens didn't have any rides... just animal exhibits. I remember this happened when we were standing at the platform of the little train station, and there was this giant map of the park on the wall with little pictures of the different rides. When I pointed this out to her, she said it was just art.

Comment

• Green Mother
                  Just a puppet on a string
                  • Aug 2006

Oy, that's mean! I was lucky like Jessicalover, my mom loved it as much as us kids did (still does) and my dad was just indifferent. So, therefore, I haven't ever used an excuse to leave early - leave? early? Disneyland? Nu-uh. Unless of course we are gonna be there a few days and want to check out the pools and such.

"Think of a wonderful thought!"

"Any happy little thought?"

Freedom is a word I rarely use without thinking.

Comment

• BetterThanThis
                    Disney Geekstrordinaire
                    • Jun 2006

Originally posted by jimmay View Post
                    This reminds me of one of my favorite Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

"One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said. "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down, he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late."
                    That is EXACTLY what that reminded me of. :lol:
                    LOVE JH.
                    Go make a life, not a living.

Comment

• clara
                      Sshhh, being very quiet
                      • Jan 2006

I tell my son that Mickey has gone to bed.

Ta Da!

Comment

• Disneyland Daddy
                        ...is fading out....
                        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by claribella View Post
                        I tell my son that Mickey has gone to bed.

That's actually a really good one. I'd have believed that one - but Disneyland on fire? That was just bombastic to me - even as a kid.

Althought, today, we get repeated laughs about it.....remember when......

Comment

• Disney Magic
                          • Apr 2006

While it is not really a leaving early story. When my parents took me to WDW I was 8 (1988) and was completely in awe of the place. My parents worked hard to save to take my sister and I on that trip which was the only time they ever took us.

I enjoyed our three day trip to WDW, but will never forget what my mother said on the last day of our vacation. As we were walking down the crowded Main St. after the fireworks, I knew we would be leaving Orlando the next day. But I cried non-stop after my Mom said to "say goodbye cause you won't see this for a long time". Not that my parents didn't enjoy the place themselves (they went to MK on their honeymoon in '75). Sadly she was right I didn't go back till I was 17, now I go every year since. I was thinking about taking my parents this time for their anniversary next year because the haven't been back since that first time they took us.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

• Melonballer
                            Shablagoo!
                            • May 2005

Originally posted by Disney Magic View Post
                            I was thinking about taking my parents this time for their anniversary next year because the haven't been back since that first time they took us.
                            That'd be a cool idea. I say do it

Comment

• pveticket
                              MiceChatter
                              • Jan 2005

I think it would be sad and mean if my parents or someone elses for the matter lied about that, or went to the park by themselves even if the kids wanna go

Comment

• ravencroft
                                MiceChatter
                                • Jul 2005

This is a bizzare thread. I cannot imagine making up outlandish stories such as the stories posted on this thread! The people saying these things must have been extremely desperate.
                                --
                                http://www.bewaterwise.com

Comment

• aaronpaulcustoms
                                  YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!
                                  • Jun 2006

the dumbest excuse we had was..."oh...its 1am! the park is closing!" like the park ever closes pht! only to the public...only to the public. How do you think they clean and repair things?...while wearing invisible cloaks during the day?!!!

SUPPORT THE CMs

sigpic
                                  For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X