This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walt Jr's Disneyland Model Thread!

This thread will explain the inner workings of my models and will soon display pics!
    __________________________________________________ ________

I build miniature models of Disneyland Attractions on my bookshelves. I also have others shown on my mini light stage. All together they are called the E-Ticket Series and Include Submarine Voyage, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, America Sings, Adventures Thru Inner Space, and others. They are actually shows and not really models as they all include the soundtrack and different effects synchronized. I might create a youtube account to show the video of it but for now I will have to settle with Pictures. But those will come later in Future Updates. Currently the three shelf shows are what I will focus on. Currently one is being sort of refurbished and added to which is the Subs!

Here are the finishing dates of the models I am Working On;

Pirates of the Caribbean--Late October

Haunted Mansion--Late September

The Submarine Voyage

The Subs are an immersive three Dimension Model not including water though In Mapping out everything I did originally think of having fish in small individual tanks around scenery. Like the new Dry Boxes the other way around.It is all well planned and most of the stuff is plastic. There even is a Giant Squid. All the show revolves around three moving cover ups Which I will explain in a future update. All scenes are in the shelf.

Pirates of the Caribbean

Pirates has all the scenes exept for most of the town scene because I don't know how to create the figures. I hope someone can help me!!! It is a three dimensional environment featuring fog waterfalls (Not Yet Installed) and many other details. This whole scene is not done. The Bombardment scene is almost Complete though too miniature to have a pirate captain. More Info on a future update. It uses the same cover up design.

The Haunted Mansion

The crowning Achievement although I need someone to tell me how to do a pepper's ghost effect. Featuring a completely three dimensional bride, a spooky attic, and ghosts in a graveyard. Yet to have a organist, ballroom dancers, and the caretaker. Every November the model can be interchanged to become Haunted Mansion Holiday. The new head hubby story will not be in play when it is first completed but will be added when I take HMH off. There will be a Hatbox Ghost Figure later along the line and I am still actually Designing the Corridor of Doors. I need links to photos of the doors so I can print them out. The model can also be changed to become the Phantom Manor. All figures and changes are being configured and that will be around early next year. I'll go into more depth and construction Photos later!!!!

That is the end of my first Model Update. Thanks to all who read all this and I'll keep updating this!! Please respond and give me help on all these projects. I'll talk more about all the other models later and let's all keep helping each other out!!
    Last edited by Walt Jr.; 09-08-2006, 04:22 PM.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

Re: Walt Jr's Disneyland Model Thread!

This kinda the same stuff I do! All of my shows are under my Train layout. I can only have one show at a time though.

What's the size of the shelves and the scales of your models? Look forward to seeing pictures.

Comment

Could you help me with the ghost effect?
      Last edited by Walt Jr.; 09-06-2006, 06:27 PM.
      -August 1st 2010

-August 2nd 2010

Comment

Update #1

Having touble with the ghost effect! How can I show a long row of figures with one piece of glass??

The shelf's are very small like 11" high and 18" wide. They very in size.
        Last edited by Walt Jr.; 09-06-2006, 06:35 PM.
        -August 1st 2010

-August 2nd 2010

Comment

Damn. When I saw "Disneyland Model" I thought we'd have categories like Miss Tomorrowland, Miss Frontierland and my personal favourite, Miss Splash Moutain.
          I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Comment

Originally posted by Loomis View Post
            Damn. When I saw "Disneyland Model" I thought we'd have categories like Miss Tomorrowland, Miss Frontierland and my personal favourite, Miss Splash Moutain.
            haha! very funny...but seriously these models sound great! my passion is scale models, set design/fabrication, costuming, and special effects! right up ur alley! i might have an answer or 2 for ya! cant wait to see pics of these!

SUPPORT THE CMs

sigpic
            For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Comment

Yes! Pictures PLEASE!
              How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?
              :monkey: :monkey:

Comment

i'd love to see pictures or pirates, the subs, and HM. You have a cool hobby and a half, Walter, Jr.
                To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

PICTURES!!! can't wait...

Comment

I love how so many people on MC bring a little DL into their homes. Makes me wish I had room and money to do it myself!

Comment

Originally posted by Loomis View Post
                      :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Can't wait to the see the pics, Walt Jr.!

Comment

I mean no disrespect, but pal, you need to get a life!:lmao:
                        "They's two B's in basketball!"

Comment

Ease up....it's called a hobby. Something to do for fun.

You have your thing, someone else has theirs.

It's that simple.

Bye.

Comment

Here are a few pics of my own work, to fill in until Walt Jr. can get his up.

The models are all built to run on O gauge track, meaning they are scaled a little bigger than the rest of the O scale scenery and figures around them.

Comment

I have some models too, but I never finished them. I had once planned to do DCA minature model, but I gave up. Here is my site, which has models of other things like Roller Coasters.

http://gamodels.topcities.com/
                              I LUV DIZNEELAN. YAY

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X