Anyone here ever had a good cry in Disneyland? Shed a tear?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ~xxBooxx~
    "714"
    • Aug 2006

Re: Anyone here ever had a good cry in Disneyland? Shed a tear?

Fireworks-say no more! >_<

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

Comment

• Cousin Orville
      Boss Angeles, CA
      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by lashbear View Post
      Each time, I usually cry:
      • walking through the archway into main street
      • seeing the castle at the end of the street
      • hearing the main st music
      • during the tiki room
      • during it's a small world
      • during the fireworks
      • during the [main street] Electrical Parade (which I saw in DCA)
      • During Peter Pan's flight
      • The first time I saw Snow White's grotto
      • In the Walt Disney Story before Mr Lincoln
      • Eating at the Blue Bayou
      Also, plenty of times in Tokyo DL too.
      My word. I'd hate to see what happens when Roy Disney shows up with Hayley Mills.
      "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

• FantasmicPrincess
        Banned User
        • Jul 2006

I have actually had several good cries in Disneyland.

First off, I always cry during the part with the Princesses in Fantasmic!

Secondly, as a kid I cried on two rides. One was Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. The other was the Haunted Mansion, which I cried on several times because the stretch room scared me. One of the times I my parents took me out through a back exit before we boarded the doom buggies because I was so hysterical. I wish now that I could remember this, because it was probably cool whatever exit we left through.

The only other time I have cried in Disneyland was on our most recent trip at Christmas. We got word from our housesitter that there was a huge unexpected storm in our hometown (the SF Bay Area). We were having construction on our room and the tarps were giving out and our whole house was flooding. My dad had to go home a few days before the vacation was over to deal with the damages. I cried the first morning we went into the park without him, because I missed him and felt like our vacation had been ruined. After a good five minutes crying on a bench in the hub, I managed to cheer up and enjoy the rest of the vacation

Comment

• cal4iri
          • Mar 2006

I've had some good and bad cries at DL.

The Bad:
          My brother, my wife and I got a call while we were walking out of the Tiki Room that my StepMom had committed suicide. I remember the spot where I first heard the news and I tear up everytime I see it.

The Good:
          When I saw Remember... for the first time on the opening day of the 50th anniversary celebration.

Every time I see my daughters amazed by the park and the characters.
          Mainly my oldest because my youngest is only 7 months.
          Every time I see her dance, sing, point out Mickey, etc.

Whenever I leave and see Walts appt and then think of what he's done and started for us. I always leave telling him, "Walt, can you believe what this has turned into?????" Not only in DL but all around the park and throughout Anaheim and the world.

Comment

• justjohn
            Mr. Faranheit
            • Jul 2006

Sabrina and I let our passes drop a couple of years ago and hadn't been to the park since then. My buddies dad signed us into the park at the beginning of the 50th. We managed to find good spots at the front of the hub. I definitely teared up during the fireworks since i proposed during believe 2 years earlier. One of the best days I have had at the park.
            Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

• barfownz
              Legend
              • Nov 2005

Walking under the tunnel chokes me up.

Comment

• crystalzi
                • Mar 2006

I cried when I got engaged there. I also cried when we went back to the same spot for our honeymoon.
                "Minnie is the Audrey Hepburn of Disney. She's been wearing black flats and polka dots since the 1930's."
                Kidada Jones

Comment

• Mac Daddy
                  Nikon +Disneyland = :)
                  MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                  • Jun 2005

Originally posted by crystalzi View Post
                  I cried when I got engaged there. I also cried when we went back to the same spot for our honeymoon.
                  ....AND...when I got engaged there....(Thanks for reminding me! )

Comment

• Disney_Nut
                    It's all about Edgar Bear
                    • Mar 2005

We got engaged at the Coral Reef in the Livings Seas Pavilion in Epcot... wasn't Disneyland but I still teared there too. :love: We're going to Disneyland for our Honeymoon!!
                    :ap: How much longer? Are we there yet? Why aren't we there yet?:yea:

Comment

• Leofoenget
                      • Feb 2006

When I hear the music to the electrical light parade. I tear up when I walk under the arch way to main street. Anytime I go with my sister and she is being a pain in the butt. I hate disney knotts is better.

blah
                      Janette

Comment

• Paola
                        Are we there yet?
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
                        Has anyone cried yet reading this thread? ;o)
                        Me, me!

I've cried reading all these accounts and have experienced most of them. (except the get engaged and get married portions)

Worst: 1st time ever at DL at 4 years old after riding Snow White, that witch scared the bejeesus out of me. And, the 1st time going back 'home' after a traumatic 2 months (wont bog you down with the details). I kinda had a delayed freak out right in front of the Star Tours entrance. And the first time 'home' again after experiencing 3 deaths in 3 weeks.

Best: During Remember, dreams come true when Aladdin tells Genie I wish for your freedom. That gets me every time....so selfless. ***wiping tears***

But the very best was for my 2 year olds birthday (years ago) when she met Mickey for the first time, backstage at his house in ToonTown and just completely dropped everything, ran to him, and gave him the biggest hug. Mickey hugged her right back and it took a minute before they let each other go. They have an official meet and greet back there and she had never seen him before. I was holding my camera and forgot to take a picture but luckily the official photographer was on his game. Some of the other castmembers back there got choked up too. Those were definitely good tears.
                        What time is the 3 o'clock parade?

http://www.myspace.com/pduliere

Comment

• Missviolet
                          Oh... it's a bobby pin.
                          • Jun 2006

Reading all of your sweet and touching memories is bringing tears to MY eyes!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

Comment

• Micoofy Duck
                            I'm Theme Park Happy!
                            • May 2006

Anyone got tissues?

Comment

• Brer Bear
                              • Jan 2005

Yup.
                              When I finally realized that I was not going to have a 'full career' at the park, and had to hang up my coat, hat, and badge.
                              Every time I'm standing at the main gate and reaching for my wallet to pay admission.
                              When I think of the talented men we've lost: Jack Wagner, Paul Frees, Thurl Ravenscroft, Jack McVey, Sterling Holloway, Clarence Nash...oh yeah, Walt Disney...
                              :crybye:
                              "They's two B's in basketball!"

Comment

• ProfGriffin
                                • Jun 2006

Tearing up?
                                Oh yes....

When my son (4) was in my lap in the Tiki Room and was singing along...(Tweet Tweet-Tweet, Tweet-Tweet) I just got very emotional.

Also, on my honeymoon in 1999....my wife and I were watching the main street electrical parade and seeing a small boy squeal with excitement as the music started and the lights dimmed....well....
                                Niagra Falls.

I have never seen the Magic Kingdom during the Holiday Season. I bet it a real beautiful, tear inducing experience.

Comment

• clara
                                  Sshhh, being very quiet
                                  • Jan 2006

I know I have..I just can't recall.

Ta Da!

Comment

• Alice's Wonderland
                                    Directly directed
                                    • Feb 2005

I cry whenever I have to leave AND that time I lost my brand new Kate Spade glasses on the Matterhorn

Comment

• fjhuerta
                                      Donald's #1 Fan
                                      • May 2005

During Remember. It was freaking beautiful, unexpected, and, yes, magical.

Nobody ever sees me crying in DL. But I usually do. I guess it's a huge part of my childhood.

Comment

• roxystar68
                                        MiceChatter
                                        • Mar 2006

I cry SO much at Disneyland, but they are mostly happy tears.
                                        1. When I see Remember
                                        2. When I'm not at DL but I hear the Tarzan's Treehouse Medley
                                        3. When I hear Walt's dedication speech
                                        4. Once I was at the park and was with my friend and mom, waiting for Fantasmic to start. For some reason my mom and I were arguing so I ducked under the velvet rope and went down a New Orleans sidestreet. There was a display showing New Orlean Square's opening. There was a picture of Walt and the mayor of New Orleans at the time. I shed a tear then, mainly because it had a pic of Walt, but also because of Hurricane Katrina. I realized that no matter what happens to New Orleans, Louisiana, we still have a piece of it preserved in Disneyland.
                                        5. When I am at the partners statue and I sit down at look at Mickey and Walt, and wonder what they are pointing at. I know I'm a sap lol
                                        6. When I leave. That is when the REAL waterworks come.
                                        I also get this surreal feeling at the park, but it doesn't make me cry. When I first get there, it starts to sink in that this time I'm not dreaming, and that it's real.
                                        The daydream princess

Comment

• Micoofy Duck
                                          I'm Theme Park Happy!
                                          • May 2006

Thanks to everyone for sharing these stories. It's good to know there's a LARGE amount of highly emotional Disneyland fans here!

Too bad no one has taken a picture of themselves crying! Now there's a hard to find picture that hasn't been posted here on MiceChat.com

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X