• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Darkbeer
    Darkbeer
    • Jan 2005

Photos from Monday and Tuesday, lots of closures and refurb walls

First from Monday, Sept. 4th

Basically a last day album, along with a Sub Laggon update...

Last Day for about a month for Billy Hill and a look at the Golden Horseshow before Refurb

And a lot of photos from the Snow White Musical...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1853365

Then two from Tuesday the 5th...

First, a look at the new Guide to the Magic for both parks...

Disney is now promoting the Animation Building as four different attractions....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1857441

Then a look at the new refurb walls that showed up overnight, plus a sub lagoon update

The Club Buzz stuff has been TOTALLY removed

The Matterhorn is closed thru December 16th (based on the current CM Reference Guide), it has opened late in the past....

More Painting projects at DCA...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1857151
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com
  • MasterGracey
    Dateline Disneylander
    • Jan 2005

Re: Photos from Monday and Tuesday, lots of closures and refurb walls

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
    First, a look at the new Guide to the Magic for both parks...

Disney is now promoting the Animation Building as four different attractions....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1857441
    FYI - The Animation Building has been advertised as 4 different sub-attractions under the "Disney Animation" building header since it got it's new marquee and the new attraction posters. The Guide to the Magics the feature Monsters Inc on the front have the attractions listed as four separate ones as well.

It's very interesting that they're finally promoting the building heavily though. It's about time. The place is hardly ever busy, which is sad considering it's one of DCA's few great attractions.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

• Crazy Legs
      All you need is LOVE
      • Feb 2005

Thanks for the update
      :crazylegs

Comment

• barfownz
        Legend
        • Nov 2005

Darkbeer, Why didn't you come to the Hub at Noon to meet us on Monday?

Comment

• OogieBoogie
          Supervillan Extrodinaire
          MiceChat News Team
          • Sep 2005

The Matterhorn is closed til mid December???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
          Growing older is manditory
          Growing up is however, optional

Comment

• Darkbeer
            Darkbeer
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by barfownz View Post
            Darkbeer, Why didn't you come to the Hub at Noon to meet us on Monday?
            Because I was running late.....n Didn't get inside the park until around 12:30 PM
            Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

• JiminyCricketFan
              We all need a Jiminy.
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
              FYI - The Animation Building has been advertised as 4 different sub-attractions under the "Disney Animation" building header since it got it's new marquee and the new attraction posters. The Guide to the Magics the feature Monsters Inc on the front have the attractions listed as four separate ones as well.

It's very interesting that they're finally promoting the building heavily though. It's about time. The place is hardly ever busy, which is sad considering it's one of DCA's few great attractions.
              I agree that there are some great attractions in there, but the problem is still the outside.

The street is called a "BACKLOT!" A backlot is a series of facades that don't have anything behind them. As long as they still call it "Hollywood Backlot" there will never be a huge number of people in the Animation Building because new people will not know to go in, after all it is a backlot!

It is one of the few doors that really does lead somewhere. Most doors are just a facade. If they had built it like Main Street, where every door is a real store, then people would have wanted to explore. But now it is like "the backlot" at DMGMS at WDW which has NO working doors, it is just a facade. People don't even attempt to go into the buildings there, because it is a BACKLOT.

And a animation building would never appear on a backlot anyway. When themes are confused as with DCA, then this kind of confusion happens.

Comment

• Mickey'sGirl
                Artsy Fartsy
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                Because I was running late.....n Didn't get inside the park until around 12:30 PM
                I was late for the 12:00 meet as well.
                I met up with Pez Lightyear SocalJoeyB and friend about 12:15, you would have been on time for our meet.

Comment

• clara
                  Sshhh, being very quiet
                  • Jan 2006

Wow the park was EMPTY on tuesday! ha!

Ta Da!

Comment

• clara
                    Sshhh, being very quiet
                    • Jan 2006

Ok is it just me or does it seem like the WHOLE park is "closed for refurbishment"?

Ta Da!

Comment

• figment1986
                      Banned User
                      • Jan 2005

yay, no more Club buzz!!!

wow, a lot of wood walls in Disneyland right now, many within tomorrowland...

Tomorrowland, the land of wood...

Comment

• MasterGracey
                        Dateline Disneylander
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
                        I agree that there are some great attractions in there, but the problem is still the outside.

The street is called a "BACKLOT!" A backlot is a series of facades that don't have anything behind them. As long as they still call it "Hollywood Backlot" there will never be a huge number of people in the Animation Building because new people will not know to go in, after all it is a backlot!

It is one of the few doors that really does lead somewhere. Most doors are just a facade. If they had built it like Main Street, where every door is a real store, then people would have wanted to explore. But now it is like "the backlot" at DMGMS at WDW which has NO working doors, it is just a facade. People don't even attempt to go into the buildings there, because it is a BACKLOT.

And a animation building would never appear on a backlot anyway. When themes are confused as with DCA, then this kind of confusion happens.
                        Main Street has plenty of non-working doors.

I hardly think "Backlot" in the name of the land is the problem. Otherwise, people would just think the Tower of Terror and Monsters Inc are nothing more than fancy facades and not worry about going inside.

Comment

• Grumpy4
                          Again! Again! Again!
                          • Jan 2005

Yaaayyyy!! No more Club Buzz stuff!!

And are there any current rumors as to what's going under the People Mover platform? Did I miss that somewhere, cuz it wouldn't surprise me. Was wondering if they might be moving the Autopia shop over there since they got kicked out by the subs.

Great pics DB.
                          Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
                          FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
                          I bring the magic!!!
                          "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
                          Originally posted by Reverend DMother
                          Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

• MasterGracey
                            Dateline Disneylander
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Grumpy4 View Post
                            Yaaayyyy!! No more Club Buzz stuff!!

And are there any current rumors as to what's going under the People Mover platform? Did I miss that somewhere, cuz it wouldn't surprise me. Was wondering if they might be moving the Autopia shop over there since they got kicked out by the subs.

Great pics DB.
                            Actually, the Autopia Winner's Circle is moving to where the current Hatmosphere shop is. The merchandise from Hatmosphere will be moving into the old Radio Disney booth (underneath the Peoplemover platform). The new store underneath the Peoplemover platform will be called Tomorrow Landing

Comment

• Grumpy4
                              Again! Again! Again!
                              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
                              Actually, the Autopia Winner's Circle is moving to where the current Hatmosphere shop is. The merchandise from Hatmosphere will be moving into the old Radio Disney booth (underneath the Peoplemover platform). The new store underneath the Peoplemover platform will be called Tomorrow Landing
                              Oh cool! Thanks!

Hey, that was me with Fishbulb and Dusty when we saw you in line for Pirates. Sorry I didn't go back and introduce myself.:blush: I was in mid-conversation with Dusty. Then I found out who you guys were and I was mad at myself for not going back! Dumb G4! Hopefully I will meet you soon!!
                              Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
                              FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
                              I bring the magic!!!
                              "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
                              Originally posted by Reverend DMother
                              Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

• MasterGracey
                                Dateline Disneylander
                                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Grumpy4 View Post
                                Oh cool! Thanks!

Hey, that was me with Fishbulb and Dusty when we saw you in line for Pirates. Sorry I didn't go back and introduce myself.:blush: I was in mid-conversation with Dusty. Then I found out who you guys were and I was mad at myself for not going back! Dumb G4! Hopefully I will meet you soon!!
                                Ahh, no worries! I didn't even realize you were around to be honest haha. Oh well Next time!

Comment

• LlamaLover
                                  Back After Missing MC
                                  • May 2006

Thanks for yet another AMAZING update Darkbeer. I think we all agree that Tomorrowland is in dire need of some changes and I am so excited to see so much work being done. The Club Buzz removal is a great start and I can't wait to see what they have in store for the People Mover area (*crosses fingers*)!

Comment

• disney chick
                                    • May 2005

I don't seem to able to start a thread of my own, but if someone looking at photos here can help at all I would be eternally grateful.

We have just returned from our latest bi-annual trip to DLR and DCA and my 3 year old niece has fallen in love with the grass eating dinosaur in the primeval diorama on the railroad.

Despite all our best efforts we have failed to capture a decent photo of him, our cheap cameras failed to take into account the no flash photography restrictions.

Can anyone help, we are putting together a memory book for her, and all she talks about is these "damn dinosaurs"

Alternatively if anyone can move my post to a more appropriate space, feel free.

I look forwards to lots of help from all you disneyland fans.

(p.s can anyone provide details of how to buy commemorative stones (cobbles whatever they are called) it may well have been the last family holiday for a while for all 10 of us together and we thought we could always all be together at DLR with a stone!!!)

Thanks

Disney Chick

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X