This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TL 3-D Movie (Jim Hill)

Did everyone hear that Jim Hill says HISTA will be replaced with a 3-D movie
    based on the upcoming movie "Hitchhiker's Guide". Is it just me or does this sound like a pretty bad idea? I am against the "based on the upcoming movie" part. I know 3-D movies are usually based on film but must it be yet another CURRENT one? In ten years, people...in ten years...that's my motto for rides based on current movies.

At least it's Jim Hill, and frankly, he's a cool guy and his stuff is intruiging, but it's not always true.

I am leaning towards feeling okay about that because a) anything is better than HISTA and b) at least Hitchhiker's has a decent book to back it up.

Comment

I think the World Construction scene would be really, really cool in 3-D.
      Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle
        I am leaning towards feeling okay about that because a) anything is better than HISTA and b) at least Hitchhiker's has a decent book to back it up.

Why does everyone dislike HISTA so much? I have a soft squishy spot in my heart for this attraction

- FNDA
        ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

Comment

Yes and the show should include a Marvin The Paranoid android AA! (Maybe they could have one walking around outside the ride greeting guests using the same tech as PUSH and Lucky).

Comment

What they could do is put all the Star Wars movies in there when George Lucas gives them the 3D treatment, which is supposed to be in 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by fearsnda
              Why does everyone dislike HISTA so much? I have a soft squishy spot in my heart for this attraction

- FNDA
              Frankly, it scares the crap out of me and it's not all that entertaining. JMO...

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDreamer
                Frankly, it scares the crap out of me and it's not all that entertaining. JMO...
                If you think HISTA is scary, I dare you to see It's Tough to be a Bug.... I nearly peed myself from fear!!
                Member of the Disney Class of 2005
                Disneyland CM for 4 years.
                May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Originally posted by fearsnda

- FNDA
                  Maybe it's because I have fond childhood memories of Eo and was upset with its unannounced closure. But I just think it's stupid, and that's coming from a girl who watched Honey I Shrunk the Kids religiously as a child.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle
                    Maybe it's because I have fond childhood memories of Eo and was upset with its unannounced closure. But I just think it's stupid, and that's coming from a girl who watched Honey I Shrunk the Kids religiously as a child.
                    I agree completely. I've seen Honey I Shrunk the Kids many times, but I just can't bring myself to waste my time watching HISTA. I saw it once, and it was alright. Then I had to see it again with my family, and that was enough. Unfortunately, the gimmicks just aren't that appealing to me.
                    Visited: DL Dec. 1989, Dec. 1992, Dec. 1995, WDW Jan. 1999, DL March 2001,
                    WDW Jan. 2005, DL Jan. 2006, Nov. 2006, Dec. 2012, WDW Feb. 2013
                    :love:Got Engaged at the Blue Bayou January 6, 2006! :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Barbossa
                      What they could do is put all the Star Wars movies in there when George Lucas gives them the 3D treatment, which is supposed to be in 2007.
                      Now that is a good idea.

Hmm, idk if Lucas would, though.

What would be nice is if the movie could be updated periodically...say that the movie would give us eyes into what is being imagineered, etc. Or maybe they could show the process of some famous Disneyland attraction technology, complete with a 3D fireworks show at the end.

That would be wicked...

I can't remember Captain EO too well (I was fairly little) but I remember that I always enjoyed it.

Comment

I just saw Hitchhiker's.

There's no way they'd make an attraction based on such a horrid movie.

Comment

Question. I have heard a lot of "Jim Hill said this" on this forum even though its apperant not many people like him. I read a few things, and everything he post's seams rather outlandish to say the least. Has anything he predicted ever happened? Cuz so far the Kevin and Al are so far batting 1000. If the Nemo thing is true, it will contenue to be 1000. Im hoping that is, cuz that means the PM being re-born has also a good chance of being true.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Minion
                            I just saw Hitchhiker's.

I liked it. Have you read the books?

Comment

I have read the first two and they are sooooo much more interesting than the film.

Comment

I just saw Hitchhiker's.

Ahhh... a compadre. I thought the film was interesting and the visuals were quite good but the acting was awful! That said, a Hitchhiker's attraction in DL wouldn't be all bad. A Restaurant At The End Of The Universe could be a hoot! Back to topic: replace HISTA with anything... even a McDonalds... I'm there!
                                "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                                -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Originally posted by gibbage
                                  Question. I have heard a lot of "Jim Hill said this" on this forum even though its apperant not many people like him. I read a few things, and everything he post's seams rather outlandish to say the least. Has anything he predicted ever happened? Cuz so far the Kevin and Al are so far batting 1000. If the Nemo thing is true, it will contenue to be 1000. Im hoping that is, cuz that means the PM being re-born has also a good chance of being true.
                                  It's not that I don't like HIM, I mean he's obviously a dedicated hardworking person who tries to keep us informed. I don't like his "what would have been" articles, mainly because all they do is make you mad. Some of his stuff is true, I gotta admit. But a lot of times his articles take it farther than it really ends up going!

Comment

Jim Hill reported on Nemo overlay of the Subs exactly at the same time Al Lutz did...I think they both have decent sources. Hill also double-confirmed what Lutz said about Peoplemover coming back

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostbuster626
                                      Hill also double-confirmed what Lutz said about Peoplemover coming back
                                      What both of them said was that the managment was looking into having a peoplemover like attraction coming back. The bigger question is when will they have the budget to put it in.
                                      Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

I just saw Hitchhiker's.

the books rock.... this is based on that.....

I have read the first two and they are sooooo much more interesting than the film.
                                        Well. they had to subtract some of the buritish humor "most" americans dont understand.... and then have it fit within the time period....

I personally liked it.. and hope touchstone comishions the next one.. to finnish the first half of the series... :devil:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X