X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reaver
    replied
    What I'd like to see is an ongoing, regularly updated Fantasia playing there... 1 or 2 new segments a year. Keep the dream of a "constantly evolving" piece alive....

Leave a comment:

• Lore
    replied
    I really think the location is bad for an indoor theater. It ruins the view of space mountain and makes the area very cluttered. I hope they remove the theater and restore the space stage. Plus, 3D movie shows while cheap, don't maintain interest over the years. They shouldn't be afraid to redesign an entire area. Walt did it with the subs, and new orleans square. It's just walls. Spend the extra money and make the area fit the ride and stop retro-fitting.

Leave a comment:

• ModHatter
    replied
    Some movie had to earn money on its opening weekend. And, let's face it, when your toughest competition is a Triple-X sequel, without the original star...

The way the movies work lately, a film opens big, and then fizzles. $20 million means that, at most, about 4 million people out of 300 million in the US (though these days it's more like 2 million).

I suspect Kingdom of Heaven will take over the top slot next week, and Guide might be able to hold its own against House of Wax, maybe even hold on for a third week against the debut of Monster In Law, Mindhunters, and Unleashed, but then you'll have Star Wars, followed by Madagascar, and I think Guide won't pull in big enough numbers to become a "hit."

I do think the world construction scene would be an interesting 3-D show, but how will certain members of the public react to a Disney ride based on the proposition that the Earth was created by a pair of mice?

I'm still inclined to see HISTA replaced with a modernized ATIS using the Honey characters to frame the story.

Leave a comment:

• cellarhound
    replied
    Well, I can't say it is a hit if it grossed 21 mill on the first weekend...

Leave a comment:

• daddyb
    replied
    I don't think Jim Hill said that it "will" replace HISTA. Didn't he say something closer to:

Originally posted by JimHill
    should the movie version of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" prove to be a hit (More importantly, inspire a sequel or two) -- that the Imagineers would then like to replace "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience" with a brand new "Hitchhikers" inspired 3D movie.
    so to quote the stepmother in "Cinderella": "I said "if" ".

I'd say that this has as much chance of actually happening as a land inspired by Clive Barker's "Abarat"... which Disney also optioned.

...and in response to the statement that "Al Lutz is batting 1000"... even Al will tell you that is far, far from the truth.

Jim and Al both tell us what the rumors, dreams and 'blue sky" ideas of imagineers and other Disney employees are, and sometimes those rumors actually end up happening, and sometimes they don't. I personally prefer to not get mad at the messenger just because the messenger tells us what could have happened, or how something was changed because a certain egomaniacle micro-managing suit couldn't keep his fingers out of the pot.

but that's just me.
    Last edited by daddyb; 05-03-2005, 10:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• robotpirates
    replied
    Maybe a new attraction could kick this one's arse.

Leave a comment:

• Ghostbuster626
    replied
    HISTA sucks because it was basically Florida dumping their garbage in our tommorowland. I hope if they try to pull the same thing with stich Ouimet tells them where to go! Walt Disney World attractions....we don't need their scum.

Leave a comment:

• E Ticket
    replied
    Originally posted by sleepyjeff
    I think the World Construction scene would be really, really cool in 3-D.
    That is the exact same thought I had when watching that movie. A combination simulator/film ride would be sweet.

Leave a comment:

• fkurucz
    replied
    Hmmm....

How do you fit Hitchhiker into TL? After all, Earth is destroyed (and presumably, DLR, WDW, DLP, TDL along with it) in the story.

Leave a comment:

• woxel1
    replied
    Originally posted by cellarhound
    Why and how would this be done? I can't think of a decent script to put in the Hista building that would make a 3D Hitchhiker work... I mean what? Ford tumbing all of us to the vogon constructor fleet before the earth is distroyed? And then what? I don't see how it would work... Seriously I think it would be better to have subtle referances...
    Why not build a "Resturant at the End of the Universe"? Okay, thinking cap on... A Restaurant/3-D Film/Audio Animatronic Review? Money is no object :devil:

Leave a comment:

• RonNYC
    replied
    Originally posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    HISTA doesnt suck its just old. I think people are kinda hard on it, it's not a bad film.
    that hits the nail on the head... it's not a bad film... just OLD. I haven't seen this at DL, only at Epcot... in fact, I tend to skip it when I'm there. Last time I was there, I got a Fastpass for Test Track and received a "SURPRISE fastpass for this attaction. I decided not to go...

Leave a comment:

• Kevie
    replied
    HISTA doesnt suck its just old. I think people are kinda hard on it, it's not a bad film.

Leave a comment:

• Dirton
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cellarhound
    replied
    Why and how would this be done? I can't think of a decent script to put in the Hista building that would make a 3D Hitchhiker work... I mean what? Ford tumbing all of us to the vogon constructor fleet before the earth is distroyed? And then what? I don't see how it would work... Seriously I think it would be better to have subtle referances...

Leave a comment:

• Disneyphile
    replied
    Originally posted by Tom Chaney
    A Restaurant At The End Of The Universe could be a hoot!
    I've already devised how they could convert the top floor of Starcade into Millyways, complete with an "explosive" light show to go off every 45 minutes (similar to Rainforest Cafe's "storm"). I also thought about it having an animatronic cow that would greet people and talk about the various "sides of beef", but that might cause some to lose their appetites. Disney could seriously do the restaurant without spending a huge amount, and the "explosion" alone would be an attraction in itself, even for people who are unfamiliar with the books.

Leave a comment:

• figment1986
    replied
    Originally posted by Evil Minion
    I just saw Hitchhiker's.

There's no way they'd make an attraction based on such a horrid movie.
    the books rock.... this is based on that.....

I have read the first two and they are sooooo much more interesting than the film.
    Well. they had to subtract some of the buritish humor "most" americans dont understand.... and then have it fit within the time period....

I personally liked it.. and hope touchstone comishions the next one.. to finnish the first half of the series... :devil:

Leave a comment:

• ni_teach
    replied
    Originally posted by Ghostbuster626
    Hill also double-confirmed what Lutz said about Peoplemover coming back
    What both of them said was that the managment was looking into having a peoplemover like attraction coming back. The bigger question is when will they have the budget to put it in.

Leave a comment:

• Ghostbuster626
    replied
    Jim Hill reported on Nemo overlay of the Subs exactly at the same time Al Lutz did...I think they both have decent sources. Hill also double-confirmed what Lutz said about Peoplemover coming back

Leave a comment:

• Kevie
    replied
    Originally posted by gibbage
    Question. I have heard a lot of "Jim Hill said this" on this forum even though its apperant not many people like him. I read a few things, and everything he post's seams rather outlandish to say the least. Has anything he predicted ever happened? Cuz so far the Kevin and Al are so far batting 1000. If the Nemo thing is true, it will contenue to be 1000. Im hoping that is, cuz that means the PM being re-born has also a good chance of being true.
    It's not that I don't like HIM, I mean he's obviously a dedicated hardworking person who tries to keep us informed. I don't like his "what would have been" articles, mainly because all they do is make you mad. Some of his stuff is true, I gotta admit. But a lot of times his articles take it farther than it really ends up going!

Leave a comment:

• Tom Chaney
    replied
    I just saw Hitchhiker's.

There's no way they'd make an attraction based on such a horrid movie.
    Ahhh... a compadre. I thought the film was interesting and the visuals were quite good but the acting was awful! That said, a Hitchhiker's attraction in DL wouldn't be all bad. A Restaurant At The End Of The Universe could be a hoot! Back to topic: replace HISTA with anything... even a McDonalds... I'm there!

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X