This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I quit!

Ya so I thought I'd all tell you that I quit my job at Disneyland, and finally free ha ha. If you want to work for a company who does not work with your schedules, is very impersonal, and will you give you crappy hours, Disneyland is the place to go. Make less then your local In and Out! ha ha. Seriously though management needs to change, I was happy there for a while, but it got really bad. I still love Disneyland though.
    Jeff Wayne

Re: I quit!

Originally posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    Ya so I thought I'd all tell you that I quit my job at Disneyland, and finally free ha ha. If you want to work for a company who does not work with your schedules, is very impersonal, and will you give you crappy hours, Disneyland is the place to go. Make less then your local In and Out! ha ha. Seriously though management needs to change, I was happy there for a while, but it got really bad. I still love Disneyland though.
    I really feel your pain, Jeff! I am an ex-Disneyland CM myself after 6.5 years of service. It's sad that Disneyland no longer cares for its hard-working CMs. What a shame!

Comment

I can kinda relate to you. I left Disneyland because they simply did not pay enough. I was litterally living off a white bread and kraft singles for awhile. The job itself I loved, and still think highly of Disneyland.

Good luck in whatever you're persuing now!

Comment

If you want to work for a company who does not work with your schedules, is very impersonal, and will you give you crappy hours,
        I thought you were talking about Home Depot

Comment

Wow, well I'm sure the office jobs are not much different but here's to hoping *points to siggy*

Comment

I still haven't been back to DCA since I left, and I was only there for three months!

You know, those were the best three months of my life! I loved every moment of it...except for the commute, LOL!
            Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
            - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
            - me too!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
              More power to you! I think the problem is that employers treat their employees with a type of "you can easily be replaced" attitude. I would quit if they staffed me on a day where I was not available, that is simply unnacceptable, unless you were not scheduled to work and they phoned you in the day before or on that day.

Comment

Im sorry to hear that, working with people can be a pain in the butt. But what attraction did you worked for?

Comment

I hope u at least went out w/ some class. One day @ DCA I saw a disgruntled CM yell that he didn't need the effin' job and threw his name tag somewhere near the backlots.
                  “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

Comment

It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
                    sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

I am thinking based on his screen name that he worked at the Haunted Mansion. Correct, or incorrect, Jeff?

Comment

GOOD FOR YOU MAN! GOOD FOR YOU!!!! GOOD FOR YOU!

SUPPORT THE CMs

sigpic
                        For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Comment

Originally posted by aaronpaulcustoms View Post
                          GOOD FOR YOU MAN! GOOD FOR YOU!!!! GOOD FOR YOU!
                          )

Comment

I still want to wrok at disneyland either way. Where did you work at?

Comment

Originally posted by Mathius View Post
                              I think the problem is that employers treat their employees with a type of "you can easily be replaced" attitude.

Unfortunately, many of the CM positions call for people with very few extraordinary skills; and in Southern California, there is an enormous pool of potential workers.

That is our reality.
                              --
                              http://www.bewaterwise.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X