• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales of goiing with your girl/boyfriend to DLAND as a teenager

Ill post some of my own stories later.
    5 days a week

Re: Tales of goiing with your girl/boyfriend to DLAND as a teenager

OR you could call it, How many rides have you made out on?
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

Comment

Two words:

Splash Mountain

Think "seating" [smilie=4,42,30]

Comment

Eh, none yet I know how many cameras are in the rides!

Comment

When my wife and I were dating one of the first things we did was go to Disneyland during X-mas. It was a blast. The funniest thing was when, the ISAW que ran along the outer fence instead the inner part where it is today, so anyway we were sitting on the fence and there was a gate which I did not see, so I was sliding along the fence when the gate opened and I plopped right down into the grass. I dropped the last 40 bucks I had on the floor and this nice older guy behind me in a heavy accent found the cash and said " Suh, is dees ju mah-nee?" I was so embarassed and my wife was cracking up. To this day we pass by the same spot and she still teases me. Another experience was when DCA opened and we went about a week after opening. I had received a huge bonus from work so we decided to go for 2 days by ourselves (our son had been born recently). Well the first day was one of the rainiest days ever. We bought panchos and ran around the park because it was dead empty. Eveerything was walk on. We were running from the exit of POTC to the HM when I stepped in a slippery spot and slid right into the wall by the bathroom. I was scared for my life. The second day we tried to go on everything at DCA and she forced me to go on the Ferris Wheel knowing I was afraid of heights. Man....I was grabbing on to the sides when we started sliding, it was awful. Then we went on GRR and we got through half of the ride when it decides to break down. So we were stuck there while they drained the water and then we had to climb off and walk through the mountain. That was the only time we've ever been evacuated off a ride but it was so cool to see. Yes, happy times.

Comment

that's real cute

Comment

I remember taking my first girlfriend to Disneyland... I think it was my first "car" date. My mom had told us to hold hands so we wouldn't loose each other. So, before we even got out of the parking lot, she grabbed my hand! Very cool. My biggest memory of the night was sitting in the waiting area of "Mission to Mars," in front by where the curvy windows were (or maybe still are.) It was there she told me she "liked me." Even now, when I take my family into that building to get pizza and pasta, I remember that date.

Comment

Regular girlfriends and Cast Member girlfriends in the 60's and 70's....I could write a book.

But probably only Bob Guccione would consider publishing it.

Comment

Horrible times - hindsight. My Prom was at Disneyland Hotel....in the Marina Ballroom. It was a good time........I looked really hot! HAHAHAHA You know who told me that I looked hot? The male half of the couple we double-dated with.

You can imagine my surprise.

Comment

Hmmm - sad to say, I don't have any stories from when I was a teenager. I do have one from two years ago, though. This is when DH and I just started dating - we went to DCA and were riding the Sun Wheel. We were kissing and these little rugrats in another car noticed.

"ewwwww. They're KISSING!"
                    "gross! Get a room!"
                    "They're still doing it!"
                    "ewwwww-yuck!"

Yeah, I was a bit embarassed.
                    She did it!

Comment

One ride sums it all up... The Peoplemaker...i mean Peoplemover. Ahhhh the memories! =P
                      We rock the party that rocks the party!
                      We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

Comment

Originally posted by XCLIPSE129 View Post
                        One ride sums it all up... The Peoplemaker...i mean Peoplemover. Ahhhh the memories! =P
                        Well, it was sponsored by the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company.

Comment

The PeopleMover and the Sky Buckets. Make-out heaven!

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
                          Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
                          Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

Here's a photoshop composite. On the left, my girlfriend at DL on Grad Nite in 1973. On the right, my wife at DL last year.

Hey, whaddya know. They're the same gal!

"My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

......... .....May April March!.....................

Comment

I didn't know there was a DL jail in the 80's. Unfortunately I spent some time there with an ex for a short period of time. Sorry, no details. After all, this is a family site.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X