This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubts about Monsters, Inc?

I dont have a pic, but I was DCA today and if anyone has doubted whether or not Monsters, Inc is going into SSL....cast all doubt aside. There is a big Monsters Inc "M" with the eye in the middle. And the snake thing is being shaded.

Its really cool and stylized like the opening credits of the movie
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

Yeah, I saw it today, and even took a picture. It's pretty impressive, and obviously, there's no doubt that it's a Monster's Inc. ride now!!
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

disneygeek.com has a pictorial up that has pictures of the Monsters Inc facade

it's looking pretty good to me as well

I had figured the snake wouldn't be painted but would be another prop brought in but this looks good too
      "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Last edited by Michelle; 09-25-2005, 09:47 PM.

Comment

And I'm linking to the page on Disneygeek with the Monsters Inc photos since it took me thirty minutes to get through the rest of them...

http://disneygeek.com/updates/disney...dir=2005_04_29

Comment

Was there still doubt?

Comment

Thanks for linking the pics- I kind of assumed they would try and finish this facade- I had heard that this is where CM Matt will announce the new rides to the media on the 4th.
              Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
              Help support the site you love:
              -Visit the MiceChat store
              Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
              MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by dramaqueen
                Thanks for linking the pics- I kind of assumed they would try and finish this facade- I had heard that this is where CM Matt will announce the new rides to the media on the 4th.
                New rides for DCA? or new rides for DL? or both? I have nothing against DCA, but this seems an odd place to make any announcement regarding the "mother park."
                "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

I am not sure- I had assumed he would make the announcement for both here- maybe this makes a better backdrop since you can see what it will be- as opposed to the subs which are just empty. Its all conjecture though- your question will surely be answered in just a few days

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

Comment

I am not sure- I had assumed he would make the announcement for both here- maybe this makes a better backdrop since you can see what it will be- as opposed to the subs which are just empty. Its all conjecture though- your question will surely be answered in just a few days
                    Well, to be honest, he could be standing on top of the Matterhorn in his underwear for all I care... as long as he is making announcements for new rides... I'm a happy guy!
                    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Looking good

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                      ~

Comment

For those that don't feel like clicking on the link here's a photo of the Monsters Inc. logo on the facade from this afternoon.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

the outside is taking shape. i am still hesitant about the ride in general. superstar limo, as well as other rides at dca, kinda jaded me.
                          Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

I'm skeptical about the success of this ride. Any word on if this will have any new special fx?
                            Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                            An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                            Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                            Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by D.O.M.
                              Was there still doubt?
                              Probably not, but there is ALWAYS someone who says "I wont believe it till I ride it"
                              "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

Comment

So far I think the outside of this ride is hideous. I hope the outside cardboard cutouts doesn't represent what is inside the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by AndersDMB
                                  Yeah, gotta love how you can see those little hilly shapes beneath the coat of paint.

Considering the budget of this one, and the lackluster performance of Pooh in the big park, I don't think MonsterstInc will stand a snowball's chance in DCA.
                                  See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
                                  78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Comment

I really think this paint job is just temporary maybe? Akin to posting walls with Nemo graphics around the sublagoon- just to give you an idea of what is going to be there so you can get excited about it. At least, thats what I hope anyways- this is set to open in 2007, right? Maybe it is safe to assume for now that this is simply to accompany the announcements that we know are happening. If it wasn't- the ride has been closed for almost 4 years, they could have just left it and no one would notice the difference. I am going to cross my fingers and hope I am right, because I do agree, this is too cheap looking to be the final result.

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

Comment

I really think this paint job is just temporary maybe? Akin to posting walls with Nemo graphics around the sublagoon- just to give you an idea of what is going to be there so you can get excited about it. At least, thats what I hope anyways- this is set to open in 2007, right?
                                      It's been my understanding that they're aiming for January 2006, as an effort to maintain the Anniversary hoopla and spread a little more of it to DCA.
                                      See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
                                      78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Comment

For the record, I am about to file this attraction in the "you gotta be kidding me" department...

But I am going to hold my judgement for now... but my sceptism grows...

I personally don't think Monsters Inc. can revitalize this section of DCA without a knock-em-dead production to go into Millionare... Or something interesting to go into the drive in next door...

It is good that the expanding 3D is working on the Muppet 3D film... I am just wondering now that Disney owns the Muppets they would be interested in reworking the film a little as well as developing this part of the park better along a muppet theme? I would hate to rework the film though... It is one of the last films Jim Hensen worked on...

The point is to help direct flow in the direction of this corner... While giving people a great reason to do it...
                                        Check out my other blog:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X