X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jrsharp21
    • Jan 2005

Disneyland shopping pass

Does Disneyland still offer the one hour shopping pass into the park? I will be across the street from the resort for two hours and wanted to see if I can get a shopping pass to go inside, buy some gifts and maybe hop on a ride.
  • clara
    Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Jan 2006

Re: Disneyland shopping pass

Originally posted by jrsharp21 View Post
    Does Disneyland still offer the one hour shopping pass into the park? I will be across the street from the resort for two hours and wanted to see if I can get a shopping pass to go inside, buy some gifts and maybe hop on a ride.
    I have never heard of that before.

Ta Da!

Comment

• EagleWings
      Banned User
      • May 2005

There was a thread about this not too long ago.. I think we had decided you can still get a pass.

Comment

• KDR
        • Dec 2005

It's amazing what you turn up with the search function here on the board: 1 hour shopping pass thread

Comment

• minnietoo
          Sun Wheel survivor!
          • Aug 2006

If what you really want is to buy some gifts - you can go to DTD into the World of Disney store - no pass required.

If what you really want is a free ride hop - you run the risk of running over your hour and will be charged the full day pass rate when you leave
          sigpicMinnietoo

Comment

• GrouchyRob
            Damn Good Burger!
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by KDR View Post
            It's amazing what you turn up with the search function here on the board: 1 hour shopping pass thread
            True, but the last post was in Feb of this year. Things may have changed since then.

Comment

• KDR
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by GrouchyRob View Post
              True, but the last post was in Feb of this year. Things may have changed since then.
              I think that was the worry last time this came up. I'm sure that a short phone call to (714)781-7290 would set things straight.

Comment

• EagleWings
                Banned User
                • May 2005

In all fairness, use the pass correctly. If people just start ripping off Disney and going on rides with these passes they'll take them away and that would really affect alot of people like my mom who just use the pass to shop and leave.

Comment

• PirateMickey
                  A Pirate's life for me!
                  • Sep 2005

Does Disneyland still offer the one hour shopping pass into the park?

go inside, buy some gifts and maybe hop on a ride.

Geeezzz,

Do you want to know how to kink the fastpass system too???

Or while you're at it, do you want to know the right words to say to get a Guest Assistance Pass from City Hall to try and avoid the lines all together???

By abusing the shopping pass (and possibly being caught), you contribute to messing up that PRIVILEGE for the folks that really want to use it as it was designed...To SHOP while in the Park.

Do us all a favor and shop in the World of Disney. There's plenty of Disney magic for you to enjoy in there as well...

Now, go do the RIGHT thing.

Comment

• Princess Buttercup
                    MiceChatter
                    • Aug 2005

Ilove that Disneyland has the one hour shopping pass. My daughter and I once went to every store in DTD and the three DLR hotels looking for an Aladdin shirt that she really really wanted. We were so discouraged after not finding it that we went to the guest services window and asked if there was any way we could go onto DCA really quickly to buy it since we had seen it at the Greetings store. It made our day when we found out about the one hour pass! My hubby and I also used it in DL one time to buy a print that we had only seen at Disneyana! Hope the park continues to let guests have this privilege!!

Comment

• Disney_Nut
                      It's all about Edgar Bear
                      • Mar 2005

I've never even heard of such a thing! That's awesome! Although.. how could you be at Disneyland and only be in the park for an hour. I don't think I have enough self restraint to do that.
                      :ap: How much longer? Are we there yet? Why aren't we there yet?:yea:

Comment

• Druggas
                        Hooterville, USA
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Disney_Nut View Post
                        I've never even heard of such a thing! That's awesome! Although.. how could you be at Disneyland and only be in the park for an hour. I don't think I have enough self restraint to do that.
                        Ive gone into the park and when my favorite Billy Hill show didn't play, I turned and left.

Total time in DL...........20 minutes
                        Having an AP in my pocket..........priceless.
                        sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

• clara
                          Sshhh, being very quiet
                          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Druggas View Post
                          Ive gone into the park and when my favorite Billy Hill show didn't play, I turned and left.

Total time in DL...........20 minutes
                          Having an AP in my pocket..........priceless.
                          Amen, I went to DCA just for lunch at Ariel's Grotto with my son, 2 hours and 5 princess pictures later...I was home.

Ta Da!

Comment

• Opus1guy
                            • Sep 2005

Not really related to the one-hour Shopping Pass...but back in the "good old days" Disneyland issued the special "Holiday Shopping Pass" to their Cast Members. They were slick shinny cards like the old Magic Kingdom Club cards. The Cast Member got as many as their dependency listing, or a minimum of 2. They were valid for about 2 or 3 weeks during the early Christmas Season, if I recall.

What these special passes did was not only admit the holder (anyone) to the Park free once a day for the duration of the pass...but also afforded them their Cast-Family member's Cast Discount (20% or 35% off, depending on the Cast Member) on all their purchases, without having to have the Cast Member there in person!

They were great! Allowed your kids and spouse or anyone else you gave them to...to get into Disneyland free on their own...go shopping in the Park for family and friends...and/or perhaps even get the Disney family member an Xmas gift there, and get the discount on it...without their knowledge...therefore keeping it a surprise. They were great!

Long gone now though...I'm afraid.

We now return this thread back to its one-hour pass...already in discussion.

Comment

• Green Mother
                              Just a puppet on a string
                              • Aug 2006

Is this a Pass Pass or like a Fast Pass? You know, like "does he like you or like like you? Was it a kiss or a kiss kiss?" (Sorry, could resist, Mate)

So, time to shop without the crowds? Cool.

"Think of a wonderful thought!"

"Any happy little thought?"

Freedom is a word I rarely use without thinking.

Comment

• Princess Buttercup
                                MiceChatter
                                • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Disney_Nut View Post

Both times I did it was when I had already used up all three days of my three day park hoppers and just had to buy that one last thing before leaving!!

Comment

• Malcon10t
                                  Minion
                                  • Jun 2005

Yes they still offer it, and I would not recommend attempting to hop a ride. Why? All you need is the ride to breakdown. A 30-45 minute E-stop will cost you a days ticket to the park. No matter how much you think you can get away with it, Murphy's law will apply. And every ride breaks down, even Monster's Inc. I would love explaining "Please get me out of here fast, my shopping pass is expiring!"
                                  If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

• PirateMickey
                                    A Pirate's life for me!
                                    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Malcon10t View Post
                                    I would love explaining "Please get me out of here fast, my shopping pass is expiring!"

Yeah, that or trying to tell the shopping pass CM that you were late getting out of the Park because the ride broke down while you were on it.

I'm sure they'll smile at your explanation as they charge the full days ticket price to your credit card.

Cha-ching!!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X