This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Don't Get Me Wrong But...

Is it just me or is Fantasmic getting old to some of you? Now I love the show and try to see it when I can but, It has been running for what plus 10 years Now? (Not Sure just my guess) Would some of you be against DL puting together a new show? Please don't think iam one of those fantasmic haters I just think it might be time for a change. Any thoughts?

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

Re: Please Don't Get Me Wrong But...

I saw it twice, yeah I would like to see someting different.

Comment

Originally posted by ~xxBooxx~ View Post
      Would some of you be against DL puting together a new show?
      Yes, I would. In my opinion, it just can't get old. Everytime I see it I love it. Just like Disneyland itself, never gets old.

Ta Da!

Comment

It's not stale, it's near perfect!
        sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

I like it just the way it is. I enjoy it as much as I did that first Summer in 1992!

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
          Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Comment

Fantasmic is WAY old, but still enjoyable. (At least, it is when I am walking past it to get on rides, I haven't sat and watched a performance in a LONG time.) I wish something else would go there, but I cringe to think of what they'd put on instead. Luminaria, anyone?
            I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
            sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

I think Fantasmic is NOT getting old.

Comment

I don't think it's old...I still love watching it, but I think that it could use an update just to switch things up. Not a complete overhall, because I wouldn't want it to lose it's charm.

People who are new to the park are still shocked and amazed when the water catches on fire. It's fun to see their expressions.
                Quinn Roberts | quinnandannie.com

Comment

I also love it just as much now that I did when I first saw it... but I also think a refresher would not be a bad thing.

A new better version of the show could be good for Disneyland. I just hope they dont make the same mistakes they made in Florida with their fantasmic by making it too complicated.

Comment

It may be old, but it still works!
                    We still make sure we see it when we visit, (although we settle for riverbelle terrace to sit instead of the ground). It is a beautiful show, and unless they have a new better version, I hope it remains.
                    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Comment

Originally posted by ~xxBooxx~ View Post
                      Is it just me or is Fantasmic getting old to some of you? Now I love the show and try to see it when I can but, It has been running for what plus 10 years Now? (Not Sure just my guess) Would some of you be against DL puting together a new show? Please don't think iam one of those fantasmic haters I just think it might be time for a change. Any thoughts?
                      Great show but 10 years is enough, time for a new show. Retire Fatasmic with a big marketing campaign and then move it to DCA a few years later j/k.

Comment

It's old, but not outdated.

Comment

I absolutely love Fantasmic! and I literally cry when I hear just hear the music for it! (what can I say, I'm a sap!) But when I saw it last I was a bit disappointed with it. I think it needs some major sprucing up, some of the components of the show are missing and they need to spruce it all up.

But I still love it and will be very sad when the day comes that it is gone.
                          �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

Every time I see F!, it still feels exactly as magical as when I first saw it. The only thing I would change about it is getting rid of that boring Cleo-the-fish scene and replacing it with something more energetic.

Comment

They said the same thing about MSEP. Look at all the replacements that never made you forget the original. Disney, please don't make the same mistake twice.
                              sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

I never really liked Fantasmic (don't stone me), but it would really depend on what's in its place. I love being able to get on everything in New Orleans Square around nine-ish when all those people are sucked into watching Fantasmic.

Comment

wow, havn't seen F! in quite a few years, more then five I wanna say. I should make it a point to eventually watch it before it does go away, but I don't think I would mind if it did.

Then again I LIKED Light magic...
                                  "Tonight I wash my hands of you
                                  You set the bar I could not live up to
                                  Tonight the light is breaking through
                                  So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
                                  Zebrahead

Comment

The basic problem with all shows and theatre productions in the parks is that once you've seen them, they offer very little in the way of repeat interest. Something like Aladdin, for example, may be an exception because of the ad libbed jokes that can be thrown in, but the carefully orchestrated Fantasmic follows the same path every time out of necessity. I've only seen all of these things once, and they are still fresh to me, but the argument here is the same as the one against HISTA - it's a great show, but it only offers limited revisting value.

On the flip side, these shows are difficult and expensive to develop. It simply wouldn't make economic sense to do a 'new Fantasmic' every year. However, given the length of time Fantasmic has been around, maybe it IS time for a change.

Comment

I really like F! at DL, too ~

BUT, there is certainly room for some improvements:

The Ursula Float has never been replaced - and it was
                                      at terrific enhancement to her waterscreen. LOVED
                                      how her mouth was puppeteered to appear as if it was
                                      talking, the eyes that lit up were great, and the
                                      tentacles moving along the water was wonderful.

The Pinnochio - No Strings sement is just ok. It would
                                      be a little better if the puppets were more 3-d. Right
                                      now they aren't even visible from the side. And perhaps
                                      angle the two dancing girl puppets, so their faces are
                                      visible to people viewing from the sides.

The Jiminy Cricket underwater scene is WAY TOO LONG.
                                      This part should really be replaced by a different scene,
                                      perhaps something from the Lion King ~ Scar would be neat!

The Dumbo segment is ok, but could use some enhancements,
                                      maybe some bubbles or pink lights on the crowd.

Some have suggested upgrade the dragon
                                      Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                                      An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                                      Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                                      Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Fantasmic was pretty cool when it first came out but after I worked Fantasmic guest control during the spring of 95 and saw the show 2 times a night, sometimes 3 on weekends EVERY week for a few months.....it got kida old. Even to this day I know the show by heart....I know every little scene, every dance move, everything the cast does. Even watching it from outside the park or away from Frontierland I can tell what scene it's on .

I think I got burned out or something. I dunno.
                                        sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X