This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new DL 50th anniversary antenna topper

The new DL 50th anniversary antenna topper has arrived at the resort. It's apparently very similar to the one released at WDW. I think it's a little obtrusive, but we bought one anyway just to have one. Here's a link to a picture: http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/50th-antball.jpg.

We grabbed one today too. As goddy as it is I had to have it.

Comment

They could have done much better than that.

Comment

i agree. just a bit disappointed. my kids will love it though.
        Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

It does seem a little gaudy, but not terrible. They certainly could have done worse.
          Visited: DL Dec. 1989, Dec. 1992, Dec. 1995, WDW Jan. 1999, DL March 2001,
          WDW Jan. 2005, DL Jan. 2006, Nov. 2006, Dec. 2012, WDW Feb. 2013
          :love:Got Engaged at the Blue Bayou January 6, 2006! :love:

Comment

I got one. I think they are cute!!!!!
            Katie :yea:
            Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
            :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

I actually think it's pretty cool... I always liked the basic "black" normal mouse ears, so the gold stands out good and adds just enough to it (it sparkels a lot more in person). The other color ones or big shapes always fade with the sun and look horrible after a little while on your car. Although it'll be interesting to see how long the gold glitter lasts on this one.
              -Wes

Comment

What's the price on these? I will have to add it to my list of things to pick up, if they still have them, when we visit Disneyland in July.
                BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann
                  What's the price on these? I will have to add it to my list of things to pick up, if they still have them, when we visit Disneyland in July.
                  $4, and they are selling like hotcakes. I was covered in glitter just stocking those things last night.
                  The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

Comment

One more reason for me to mourn that I don't have an antenna on my car

Comment

When I did have an antenna, my toppers always got stolen at the park. Never anywhere else, just at the park. So I quit buying them. Now have purchased a new car without an antenna, problem solved!
                      Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                      it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Originally posted by wolfy999
                        When I did have an antenna, my toppers always got stolen at the park. Never anywhere else, just at the park. So I quit buying them. Now have purchased a new car without an antenna, problem solved!
                        I have had one on my car, changed many times for over a year now and I park at the Mall of America and a University campus and no one takes it. They have respect for Mickey! When I bought the Valentine's one at Disneyland the CM told me not to put in on my car when I mentioned it. She told me to put in on a pen or something. I gues that's why. I can't wait to get this one! It has more bling than my orange one.

Comment

I think they are FUGLY :botox:
                          Charlie :wave:
                          MiceChat User #1037

Comment

Originally posted by Nephythys
                            One more reason for me to mourn that I don't have an antenna on my car
                            Ah, but Nephythys, you do not need an antenna on your car! I have one on my car, don't put them on because I don't want someone stealing it, but I've got a nice little collection of antenna balls. My boyfriend always looks at me funny when I want him to buy me a new one from the Disney Store.

Comment

I was hoping they werent going to use glitter, I was hoping for some sort of shiny gold spray paint. Oh well, still gonna get 2, just in case the first gets lifted.
                              sigpic
                              Elsa's and Anna's
                              Disneyland Dec 2014

Comment

I have had my antenna toppers only stolen from the DL parking lot while I was in the park. So I have figured a way that I can still have an antenna topper and not get it stolen. I have poked a hole all the way thru it going thru where the bottem is to the top. And then I have gotten something like a string but its elastic and I hang it from my rear view mirror inside of the car. And now I can enjoy it without someone taking it. Feel free to do the same if you want. And this way those of you that don't have an actual antenna, can have one and enjoy it too in your car.

Comment

My current car does not have an antenna. I took some sticky velcro and attached a small piece to my dash and the other side to the antenna topper. Now I still can enjoy my seasonal Disney antenna toppers and not worry about them being damaged by our weather. When I had an antenna, the only topper that I had stolen was the goofy hat with the little ears that hang down.

Comment

Hmm, thanks for the heads up about toppers getting stolen while parked at DL. I've had a sorcerer mickey on my car for several DLR trips, and it has yet to disappear. Next time I'm at DLR(ohh, tommorow!), I'll pull it off and put it in the car. I like it because it helps me pick my little car out from a bunch of big SVUs, cause my antenna is long enogh I can see the topper even if I can't see the rest of my car.

Comment

I don't have an antenna either- I had to put our pirates ball on the old grungy truck we never drive.

I think they look ok- however, I used to have one that was entirely covered in silver sparkles- it faded out pretty quickly in the sun and looked dull and grey. I would suggest not displaying this one outside
                                      Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
                                      Help support the site you love:
                                      -Visit the MiceChat store
                                      Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
                                      MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Circarama
                                        I think they are FUGLY :botox:

Hahahaha!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: That says it all! I think they should've made them like the logo- blue and gold and 50 on the center.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X