X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Melonballer's Disneyland Trip Planning Journal

Originally posted by claribella View Post
    "the bridge"??? The only one I"m familiar with is the one that goes from Tacoma to Gig Harbor.

mellonball..didn't mean to hi-jack. just bored at work.

No problem. It wasn't hijacked in my opinion, well not much that is.
    And I think Tinkermonkey is of course referring to the Tacoma Narrows Bridge and all its traffic jams. Of course if you do nto travel that way, it would not seem to be a big deal as i is to those who travel it on a more frequent basis. I of course plan my trips around the off hours so I can miss most of the traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by ssturgeo View Post
      Hope to get to meet both you and MissViolet in November...and whoever else might be there the 14th-16th ... the days that I know are full days in the park...from open to close!!
      We will have to arrange something. I am hoping to meet as many micehcatters as possible since this will probably be my last trip to the DLR for this decade. I'll get to meet a bunch on the 12th at the meet and I am sure I'll see others around during my stay.
      Last edited by Melonballer; 09-11-2006, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
        I ate at Ariel's back in 2003. The food was good. At that time it was not a princess meal, but a meal with Mickey, Goofy, Pluto and Minnie in sailing outfits. Ariel also made an appearance. Its important that she showed up there because the day before while I was wandering alone around Disneyland I saw Ariel at her picture place in DL and was totally smitten. I told my mother about it and the next day she showed up at the lunch. When my mother discovered it was the same Ariel she made me get my picture with her. This started a trend of princess collecting where I would get my picture with as many princesses, villianesses and female face characters as possible. That's why this one is now so cool to me since I should be able to get several of them in one mealtime.
        can we see the pics???

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
        Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
        Originally Posted by MWalton
        :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by tassie View Post
          can we see the pics???
          I'll have to see if I can dig some up. My Ariel pics were good, but some did not turn out. The Belle one in particular was bad. We took them near the castle and there is shadow all over her, and the sunlight is in my face so it is a really strange pciture. The key palce to see them is in a 2003 DLR trip thread, but I haven't gottne that far yet. I got up to my 1999
          WDW trip and posted that in the WDW forum, but have not done my 2001 WDW trip, my 2003 DLR trip, nor my 2004 WDW trip. I've got some scanning to do.

Comment

I'll have to see if I can dig some up. My Ariel pics were good, but some did not turn out. The Belle one in particular was bad. We took them near the castle and there is shadow all over her, and the sunlight is in my face so it is a really strange pciture. The key palce to see them is in a 2003 DLR trip thread, but I haven't gottne that far yet. I got up to my 1999
            WDW trip and posted that in the WDW forum, but have not done my 2001 WDW trip, my 2003 DLR trip, nor my 2004 WDW trip. I've got some scanning to do.
            I saw ya!!! in the universal Florida pics!!:thumbup: great pics!!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
            :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

I saw ya!!! in the universal Florida pics!!:thumbup: great pics!!

rats, I was hoping to keep an shadow of mystery about me.

Comment

rats, I was hoping to keep an shadow of mystery about me.
                Well, it was 1999, right??? LOL LOL LOL do you still look the same?? LOL LOL:lol:

Charles M. Schulz

Comment

I look similar enough. I do look different, but not a huge amount. Different glasses and some facial hair for the most part.

Comment

There is a lot to do when I get there. I think I will take an official tour at one point. Also I am going to do some of the rides I have never done before, like the Mark Twain and the Columbia. I might even go for the free tortilla at DCA. I am going to have lots of time. I have options to add a trip down to San Diego for a day so I might do that as well. However, that is something I do not have to decide on for awhile.

Ok that is it for a couple days. I'm heading to Ocean Shores tomorrow morning and will be out of touch until Wednesday night (Pacific Time tassie .) I am scared to see how many posts I will have to catch up on .

Comment

Only 6000+ posts to read. ouch
                      Trip was fun. I will post pcitures later. Tomorrow I have to call to start setting up some PS reservations.

Comment

Ok I got my first 2 priority seating reservations. I have on at the Blue Bayou on the 11th and another at the Plaza Inn Minnie Character Breakfast for 10:10 am on the 13th. I still want to schedule a lunch at Ariel's Grotto and at least 1 more dining in a fancier restuarant. I just haven't decided where or when yet. They are currently booking through the 14th of November. Thanks to everyone who gave me info about the breakfasts.
                        Last edited by Melonballer; 09-14-2006, 01:37 PM.

Comment

so did you phone for those? I was thinking that I have to wait until I'm over there to do that. I didn't think I could book this far ahead!!!

Charles M. Schulz

Comment

(714) 781-DINE (3463)

That's the phone number I called. You can set up reservations up to 60 days in advance.

Comment

yeah, but I don't want to ring all the way from Australia. Is there any other way to book. i might just HAVE to wait until we are there

Charles M. Schulz

Comment

yeah, but I don't want to ring all the way from Australia. Is there any other way to book. i might just HAVE to wait until we are there
                                Hmm. As far as I know that is the only way. Perhaps another micechatter knows of another way.

Comment

So I think another thing I want to do is to ride all the rides I have never been on. For example all the Main Street Vehicles and the Mark Twain. Luckilly the only 2 rides that are scheduled to be closed I have ridden already. I got 8 days, so it should be easy.

Also does Push the talking trashcan appear everyday, or just on busy days?

I just noticed there is a build a bear location in downtown disney. Do they have exclusive DL clothes there? My sister has a build a bear and that might be a great gift for her.
                                  Last edited by Melonballer; 09-17-2006, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Melonballer - Push was out a lot when I was there last November (same week)...you can check his daily schedule at City Hall. His usual schedule is 10:00 a.m. until 5:20..he is out for 15 minutes at a time, and put away for 30 minute breaks. It was easier to spot him last November when I was there than the previous June...less people...

Mark Twain...not many people riding it last November...so you might want to ask the CM, or knock on the cabin door and see if you can pilot it!!

Build-A-Bear did not have any DL themed clothes when my granddaughter and I were there in June 2005, but perhaps that has changed. They do have a LOT of great stuff though!!
                                    Sharon
                                    Next Trip - Nov. 13-19 2011

Comment

Originally posted by ssturgeo View Post
                                      Melonballer - Push was out a lot when I was there last November (same week)...you can check his daily schedule at City Hall. His usual schedule is 10:00 a.m. until 5:20..he is out for 15 minutes at a time, and put away for 30 minute breaks. It was easier to spot him last November when I was there than the previous June...less people...

Mark Twain...not many people riding it last November...so you might want to ask the CM, or knock on the cabin door and see if you can pilot it!!

Build-A-Bear did not have any DL themed clothes when my granddaughter and I were there in June 2005, but perhaps that has changed. They do have a LOT of great stuff though!!
                                      Thanks for the info

Comment

Melon -
                                        Not sure what you are looking for at Build a Bear, but when we were there last we were able to get mouse ears, mickey glove hands and a mickey mouse club shirt. Also now they have Build-a-Bear Mickey and Minnie.
                                        I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you�d meet a kid,
                                        then 10 seconds later you�d be playing like you were best friends?"

:love:

Comment

Originally posted by tinkermonkey View Post
                                          Melon -
                                          Not sure what you are looking for at Build a Bear, but when we were there last we were able to get mouse ears, mickey glove hands and a mickey mouse club shirt. Also now they have Build-a-Bear Mickey and Minnie.
                                          I'm not really sure what I am looking for, but I would like it to be something exclusive to that location. If we can get it for her at the store in the Tacoma Mall, there is not much reason to get it at DL and have to haul it back here. Thanks for the info though.
                                          Last edited by Melonballer; 09-18-2006, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X