X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A christmas fantasy auditions

hey did anyone audition? how did it go?

Re: A christmas fantasy auditions

i did, it went pretty good, i was cut, however. Thats ok, maybe next time!

Comment

OMG! It was the most embarrasing audition I've ever done in my life! I thought it was Characters and Dancers, so I figured I'd be able to audition for atmospheres. It wasn't until we were already backstage and they started showing us the moves for the audition that I realized just how wrong I was. I can't dance to save my life nor have I ever taken any classes, so the termonology made no sense to me. I tried to ask 2 CM's if I could just pass on the auditions at this point, but to no avail. They said "Just do your best and smile energetically".

Basically for the audition itself they had you do the move in pairs across the room. I had no idea what I was doing and the girl with me started ok, but got confused and messing up royally once she looked over to me and how clueless I was.

It was good for her though; she made the cut because I think they felt bad that she was stuck with me. I left so embarrased... It's probably gonna take a lot of cojones for me to ever audition again. Good thing I keep some stashed in my glove compartment

Note to self: Talk to a real person on the phone before deciding to attend an audition again.

I'm a voice actress, it's where my talent lies. I never had aspirations of being a dancer. I hope the embarrasement fades away quickly... >_<;;;
      Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Comment

Props for going to the auditions! I was going to go, but decided that I'd much rather enjoy sleeping in than getting up early to be sent home due to my lack of mad dance skills.

Question for ya, Sadako...I saw on the site that they were also casting pointe and ice skating people. Did the separate those individuals who were auditioning for those roles earlier in the audition or was everyone required to do the "pair dance" thing?
        MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Originally posted by MissChristine View Post
          I saw on the site that they were also casting pointe and ice skating people. Did the separate those individuals who were auditioning for those roles earlier in the audition or was everyone required to do the "pair dance" thing?
          Nope. No separation at all, which confused me. I thought they'd separate backstage, but not at all. Everyone was made to do the dance. What killed me is they were using dancing terms for moves and I've never taken any dancing classes in my life. I can't even remember the names of what they had us do. It was so embarrasing. I wish they'd be more upfront about audition requirements and details. The posting and hotline seem to be somewhat lacking in the details.
          Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Comment

I went to the men's audition yesterday. They did the same thing, started naming off dance moves and getting us into the routine. Then we did it 2 at a time diagonally across the floor to the tune of bare necessities on piano. Those of us who didn't do it well got sent out to practice some more while the others went to the next rounds. We were dismissed around 11:30 and told to come back at 2. I got to see all the costumes laying around the floor when we got back for the first time.

But this is the part that made the day for me. They bring us back in and tell us we're going to be sent back out and called in 5 at a time, and we'll be doing the routine again but this time to different music. And they start blasting Dancin' a Catchy Rhythm from disneyland paris. I started going nuts =D I was singing it the whole rest of the day and the drive home.

Comment

Yeah all of the auditions involve dancing which royally sucks because I can't really dance to a routine just taught to me.

Imagine how I felt at the block party bash audition that was ALL dancing! I have no idea how I made it so far into the audition lol.

Comment

i went also and it sucked. i dont get disney. i've been to so many auditions for them and ive been dancing for 5 years now. i always get the correography perfectly, smile the whole time, energetic-everything they want. and i never got passed the cut. wtf! i dont know why they are so strict- and the girls that messed up and were already in parades got casted immediatley which is so unfair.

dont feel bad guys, it is tough for dancers themselves with the correography so don't think you suck. great job for showing up!

Comment

they seemed to only take the dancers and the REALLY GOOD at my audition, they actually cut a lot of the people that worked there that wern't in parades (characters, attractions, etc). I know it was harsh between BPB, POD, and EP either going dark or just cutting back.

Comment

Bring back the silly reindeer!!!

Comment

They'll be back...

Comment

Originally posted by Sadako View Post
                        OMG! It was the most embarrasing audition I've ever done in my life! I thought it was Characters and Dancers, so I figured I'd be able to audition for atmospheres. It wasn't until we were already backstage and they started showing us the moves for the audition that I realized just how wrong I was. I can't dance to save my life nor have I ever taken any classes, so the termonology made no sense to me. I tried to ask 2 CM's if I could just pass on the auditions at this point, but to no avail. They said "Just do your best and smile energetically".

Basically for the audition itself they had you do the move in pairs across the room. I had no idea what I was doing and the girl with me started ok, but got confused and messing up royally once she looked over to me and how clueless I was.

It was good for her though; she made the cut because I think they felt bad that she was stuck with me. I left so embarrased... It's probably gonna take a lot of cojones for me to ever audition again. Good thing I keep some stashed in my glove compartment

Note to self: Talk to a real person on the phone before deciding to attend an audition again.

I'm a voice actress, it's where my talent lies. I never had aspirations of being a dancer. I hope the embarrasement fades away quickly... >_<;;;
                        I am sure you looked wonderful, I am sorry you did not make it, but I am thinking one of these days we will see you made voice actress . chin up hon

Comment

I went to one audition for a parade back in the early 80's and let me tell you, it was a HORRIBLE experience for me! For one, I can't dance worth beans and that alone made my time at the audition painful, LOL! And secondly...well, there is no secondly, it was just horrible! =)
                          DISNEYLAND IS YOUR LAND

Comment

Originally posted by jiminysgurl View Post
                            i went also and it sucked. i dont get disney. i've been to so many auditions for them and ive been dancing for 5 years now. i always get the correography perfectly, smile the whole time, energetic-everything they want. and i never got passed the cut. wtf! i dont know why they are so strict- and the girls that messed up and were already in parades got casted immediatley which is so unfair.

dont feel bad guys, it is tough for dancers themselves with the correography so don't think you suck. great job for showing up!
                            I don't know if it's so much that they are strict, but that they just have a way they operate. The folks already within the parade dept. that are eligible to audition get preference when it is time to cast. At least, that is what I wast told, and it was pretty obvious from what I have seen at the auditions I have been to. There are plenty of folks that can dance perfectly, get all the moves right, look great and whatnot, but just get cut everytime (like myself. hehehe =) just kidding).

and with DEP down (though most of those folks seemed to have come from POD and BPB), POD going down for the holidays as normal this year, and BPB being downsized, it makes for a lot more competition this year- and that's just folks in the dept. all hoping to get another job. Hopefully, next year, it won't be so bad.

I say-don't give up. You if you really want it that bad, keep going for it. I may be a bit biased becuase I am a male, and the male auditions are in NO way like the female that have over 600 girls showing up, but I still say keep going. it may happen when you least expect it.

and for those that don't know dance terminalogy, don't focus on that at all. just focus on getting the move right, whether you know the proper name or not. from classes i've taken, the less I focused on matching a dance step to it's proper name, the better I danced. just focus on dancing and being alive in the moment. don't overthink- actually, don't think at all when dancing. it just gets you into trouble.

Comment

Sadako, your experience reminds me of when I took voice in college. I had to take it b/c I majored in music (clarinet). One day I was sick with an Upper Respiratory Infection and Pink Eye and I had fainted that morning so I broke down and went to the health office. So I show up to voice to tell him I'm sick, and since I'm already there the prof has me sing my solo anyways (Moon River). That was the most painful thing ever. It sounded so bad and I already had this huge fear of singing in public. Then after the class ended he told me, you can still get an A and not sing one of the songs. You're allowed to skip one solo. I got soooo mad that he made me sing (with lots of voice cracks) anyways. I went to the bathroom and cried b/c I was just so exhausted and stressed. Your thing reminds me of that. Very embarrassing to be made to do something that you shouldn't have to do in the first place and something you're not comfortable with. That was one of my worst days ever. I can't believe they made you dance when you didn't want to. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (now I teach elementary music and sing all the time... maybe you'll be dancing for a living some day? life is way too ironic)

Comment

thanks for the words, all i can say after 6 auditions with them now, every single time they make it seem so cruel. i've been to some where they would purposly put someone who didn't smile at all or messed up in the group to move on just to trick us. ugg they're so annoying.

Comment

i LOVE the staff, though...

Comment

Originally posted by hakuna makarla View Post
                                    I am sure you looked wonderful, I am sorry you did not make it, but I am thinking one of these days we will see you made voice actress . chin up hon
                                    I really didn't, which I'm ok with because I know I'm not a dancer. If you want someone who can in body and voice truly be a Disney villain or Femme Fatale, I'm your girl; but I'm not by any means a dancer. I know my strengths and limitations and by the Goddess I will keep pursuing my dreams until one day I bring life and soul through my voice to a Disney / Pixar character.

Originally posted by tcsnwhite View Post
                                    I don't know if it's so much that they are strict, but that they just have a way they operate. The folks already within the parade dept. that are eligible to audition get preference when it is time to cast. At least, that is what I wast told, and it was pretty obvious from what I have seen at the auditions I have been to.
                                    YES! Very very true. In the room where the choreographer taught us the moves, when I realized I wasn't going to get anywhere with the dance I kinda just went into one of the corners where 4 girls already in parades were just sitting. The choreographer then came up to them personally and they started telling him how worried they were because they didnt really understand the dance. He actually told them "Don't worry, everyone in there already knows you. Just go in there, smile energetically, do your best and you will pass." He then proceeded to go through the steps personally with them over and over until they got it as everyone else was practicing all around the room without any assistance whatsoever.

I don't say this because I'm bitter. As I've said before, I'm not a dancer and I much would have perfered to just leave when I found out it was pure dance rather than to embarrass myself as I did; however what I observed in that room was amazingly unfair and biased towards those already in the department.

And just in case you're wondering... all 4 girls passed.
                                    Last edited by Sadako; 09-10-2006, 10:15 PM.
                                    Julie Rei

Comment

Originally posted by Sadako
                                      And just in case you're wondering... all 4 girls passed.
                                      ......eew.
                                      MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

i wish i could have gone. But i just got a job doing attractions and i can't transfer for another three months. So im am just going to patiently wait my turn to auditon.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X