Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain on 05-05-05

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rain on 05-05-05

    The forecast for Southern California on May 5th is a good chance of rain, and definite rain on Friday. Does anyone know how this will affect Disney's plans? Perhaps it may affect your plans as well?

  • #2
    I won't be going until the 15th, so......LET IT RAIN BABY!!
    Last edited by Ortizmo2000; 05-02-2005, 09:54 AM.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

    AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Yep. If it rains, then my stores will be even more torn apart than they would otherwise on the 5th. Guests are so much messier when it rains.
      The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

      Comment


      • #4
        Sweet!! Less crowded.

        I love the rain. But, only as long as is lets up for the parades and fireworks.
        [email protected]

        Comment


        • #5
          it says 40% chance of showers and cloudy . . .

          so hopefully it won't rain . . .

          cuz if it rains . . . then no fireworks and then ill cry

          Comment


          • #6
            The rain would be a double-edged sword. On one hand it would clear out a lot of people leavingthe park less crowded and easier to manuever, but it would affect plans for the Parade and Fireworks.

            Maybe we can just ask the weather man for rain in the morning and afternoon and then clear skies for the rest of the evening? I dont mind missing the parade so much, I just wanna see the fireworks!

            Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MasterGracey
              The rain would be a double-edged sword. On one hand it would clear out a lot of people leavingthe park less crowded and easier to manuever, but it would affect plans for the Parade and Fireworks.

              Maybe we can just ask the weather man for rain in the morning and afternoon and then clear skies for the rest of the evening? I dont mind missing the parade so much, I just wanna see the fireworks!
              Radio reports this morning were for a "slim chance" of rain for Thursday.

              It's southern California... Don't sweat it until it starts to sprinkle. I went to the park just last week when they were saying a 70% chance of rain for the evening in the morning newscast, and I never saw a drop.
              ---------------------------------------------


              a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!


              Comment


              • #8
                I hope it doesn't rain, because the parade is AWESOME. I normally am pretty passive towards them but after the preview last night, I can't wait to see it again. And don't even get me started on the fireworks!!!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Bad News Forecast

                  OK folks, bad news. A more recent forcast shows that we will have Occassional rain tapering into showers later in the evening. A quarter of an inch is expected, with winds of around 10-15mph. The chance of rain is 80%! On the flip side, their is a chance that the rain my stop by the time it gets late enough to do the fireworks, however, it might be too cloudy to see...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yeah very bad news but hey its SoCal so who knows, the sun still could come out by noon!

                    :thumbup: "This guy!"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I think that the Parade of Dreams attracts rain... It rained on the day they shot the commercial footage.
                      Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Weather.com: 80% Chance of Rain tomorrow!

                        Originally posted by Soulquarian
                        OK folks, bad news. A more recent forcast shows that we will have Occassional rain tapering into showers later in the evening. A quarter of an inch is expected, with winds of around 10-15mph. The chance of rain is 80%! On the flip side, their is a chance that the rain my stop by the time it gets late enough to do the fireworks, however, it might be too cloudy to see...
                        80% chance, indeed.


                        I really hope this is all just a fluke and its nice and sunny. I want to see the parade and the fireworks! Usually, I wouldnt care about them, but this time I really want to see it all!

                        Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          www.deliciousmayhem.net
                          www.kidseatingpaste.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'm not going, but I really do hope that the forecast will be wrong...i've never trusted those forecasts.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I'm all for the rain! In fact, if it doesn't rain, we probably won't go...Cause it'll be jam packed.
                              Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                As long as it is gone by Sunday when I arrive

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  I like my churros a little bit soggy. Easier to gum them down when my dentures are killing me.


                                  ok, I'm not THAT old.

                                  There's just something about where Disneyland is situated that keeps the majority of rain out. I like to think it's God honoring what Walt wanted to do... bring families together in an age when families are breaking apart more and more.

                                  But it's gotta' rain sometime. Otherewise, when would we get to see the rainbows? Please, if you don't like getting wet, don't come tomorrow. We don't need grumpy wet people in the park on this special day. Just us happy, wet, shiny people, please!
                                  ---------------------------------------------


                                  a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!


                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    i think the fireworks will be cancelled if it's really windy i hope not

                                    Orlando doing good
                                    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9a0_1212091354&p=1

                                    www.Myspace.com/butterflytat20
                                    Princess of Randomness

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by MasterGracey
                                      80% chance, indeed.


                                      I really hope this is all just a fluke and its nice and sunny. I want to see the parade and the fireworks! Usually, I wouldnt care about them, but this time I really want to see it all!
                                      This weather prediction will probably come half-true. I had a Disneyland trip planned a couple of months ago, and rain was predicted just like it is now (though the weather then was worse). Well, it did rain, but only sporadically and for very short periods of time. On the other hand, the clouds were dramatic and the sunset was beautiful. With that said, I wouldn't expect to see a fireworks show tomorrow.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        RAin, rain go away come again another day...

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X