Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tower of Terror (Where Are the Speakers?)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tower of Terror (Where Are the Speakers?)

On the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror at DCA, where are the speakers in the ride vehicle? I figure there must be speakers in the ride vehicle since music/sound effects play while you are dropping.

I'm asking because next month when I go I'm planning on recording the attraction (to be more specific, an Induction Recording, for those of you who know what that is) and the microphone needs to be near one of the speakers for it to work. Of course, maybe the speakers are located far away from where you sit but I'm asking now so that I'm not totally in the dark (no pun intendid) when I ride.

Re: Tower of Terror (Where Are the Speakers?)

I have no idea but it sounds like surround sound. I hear most of it coming from the ceiling and the side walls

Comment

I remember getting on one time and noticed speakers beneath your seat but it may have been something else.... it does souns like surround sound so they may have atmosphere speakers too...

Comment

Originally posted by FantasyWatersDude View Post
        I remember getting on one time and noticed speakers beneath your seat but it may have been something else.... it does souns like surround sound so they may have atmosphere speakers too...
        Well I hope there are speakers underneath your seat...that would make it a lot easier. However that doesn't seem like an effective place to put a speaker.

I'm using a pickup device usually used to record telephone calls. If you put it next to a speaker (it has to be actually touching the speaker) it will record the sound being played off of the magnetic...er...vibrational signal thingy. (someone here could probably explain how it works; not me)

The point is that if you do a recording in this way, you'll get an almost perfect recording of what was being played, with NO background noise; even if the person next to you is screaming at the top of their lungs. The tough part is that the recorder has to be literally touching the speaker to work. I think it would be possible to record Tower in this manner...but I need to know where the speaker is, and if it would even be possible to get close enough to it.

Comment

If you look at the outside container that holds the cars, then you can see the speakers are mounted above the car, next to the lights, and therefore are inaccessible to guests.
          -Monorail Man

Comment

Originally posted by Club 33 View Post
            Well I hope there are speakers underneath your seat...that would make it a lot easier. However that doesn't seem like an effective place to put a speaker.

I'm using a pickup device usually used to record telephone calls. If you put it next to a speaker (it has to be actually touching the speaker) it will record the sound being played off of the magnetic...er...vibrational signal thingy. (someone here could probably explain how it works; not me)

The point is that if you do a recording in this way, you'll get an almost perfect recording of what was being played, with NO background noise; even if the person next to you is screaming at the top of their lungs. The tough part is that the recorder has to be literally touching the speaker to work. I think it would be possible to record Tower in this manner...but I need to know where the speaker is, and if it would even be possible to get close enough to it.
            Wont be close enough, sorry.

Comment

Correct. The speakers are actually outside of the cage. I wouldn't stick my fingers out there though... there's a reason why its a cage...
              GRD999 - The Ghost Relations Dept.

http://ghostrelationsdept.blogspot.com/
              http://www.theghoulishgallery.com/

Comment

Only place I've seen them is on the top of the cage.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X